Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

I love collecting the Lamy Safaris! They are relatively cheap and they are USEFUL! :thumbup: I just got the new PINK one and I'm in LOVE!

I hope Lamy continues to issue new colors at least one per year!

I only started collecting them over a year or two ago, so I missing the very early ones:

- savannah green

- terracotta

- white with black clip

- swedish LE (blue with yellow clip?)

Sigh. if I could only get one out of these four, I reeeeeeeeally want the savannah green the most... Its all a dream though... :rolleyes:

There was talk on here a while back of organizing a FPN special edition Lamy Safari. I'm kinda surprised it never went through as someone said you only needed to order 200 for a production run ... too bad.

$4000 is a lot of money, FPN edition or no FPN edition.

Edited by Pfhorrest

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, who can post a picture now of all the available colours?

How about that?

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8789/dsc0070j.jpg

Yes, I know, I still miss something....

Cheers,

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

:hmm1:

I think these are frankenpens made by combining existing parts...

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

+ these:

I would tend to agree.

Diplomat, in addition to the Itoya and Bastian S... LE Al-Stars, it looks like you're just lacking the Terra Cotta Safari.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

+ these:

I would tend to agree.

Diplomat, in addition to the Itoya and Bastian S... LE Al-Stars, it looks like you're just lacking the Terra Cotta Safari.

Regards, greg

Greg,

could you help out and direct me to pictures of the above mentioned Itoya and Bastian? Haven't seen those.

all the best/matje

Power to the peaceful (Michael Franti)

Pouch Partners:

Pilot VP Kasuri (m) & Sailor Red Brown

Pelikan M415 (B) & Pelikan Black Brown mix

Regards, greg

Exact Greg! And in addition to that I still hope to find a Swedish SE sooner or later...

+ these:

I would tend to agree.

Regards, greg

Greg,

could you help out and direct me to pictures of the above mentioned Itoya and Bastian? Haven't seen those.

all the best/matje

I can't find a link to the Bastian Schweinsteiger edition. It is a standard color (aluminum?) AL-Star with the athlete's signature on the cap.

There's a better pic out there somewhere of the Itoya "Blue Star," but I can't find it. Someone posted a small pic of it earlier in this thread.

Regards, greg

+ these:

I would tend to agree.

Regards, greg

Greg,

all the best/matje

I can't find a link to the Bastian Schweinsteiger edition. It is a standard color (aluminum?) AL-Star with the athlete's signature on the cap.

There's a better pic out there somewhere of the Itoya "Blue Star," but I can't find it. Someone posted a small pic of it earlier in this thread.

Regards, greg

Thanks!

matje

Power to the peaceful (Michael Franti)

Pouch Partners:

Pilot VP Kasuri (m) & Sailor Red Brown

Pelikan M415 (B) & Pelikan Black Brown mix

I saw the "Blue Star" at Itoya and couldn't see any difference between it and the standard ocean blue Al-Star, so I passed. I seem to recall that it was originally an Itoya exclusive which was later added to the standard Al-Star lineup.

The Bastian Schweinsteiger edition is indeed just a standard silver with a signiture printed on the cap. That sucker was elusive but I finally found one sitting in a drawer at a pen shop in Vienna.

I will see if I can post a picture of the my lineup as soon as my Pink arrives.

/Woody

+ these:

I would tend to agree.

Regards, greg

Add to that the original demo (i.e. not safari)

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

+ these:

I would tend to agree.

Regards, greg

Greg,

all the best/matje

Regards, greg

Oh, and I'll add, in my opinion, a "collection" of safari needs to have everything that was widely spread. Anything else is gravy... the reason is that there are sooo many version what were custom made...

I have a textured white microsoft edition :P

So the one with the signature... my 2 cents

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

Is there any way to obtain the Savanna Green Safari?

I would really like one of those.

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

Is there any way to obtain the Savanna Green Safari?

I would really like one of those.

There you go.. LINK Good Luck!

I saw this on Flickr, NOT mine though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2229/3820421961_10dca91e6d.jpg

Edited by r1chard

I saw the "Blue Star" at Itoya and couldn't see any difference between it and the standard ocean blue Al-Star, so I passed. I seem to recall that it was originally an Itoya exclusive which was later added to the standard Al-Star lineup.

/Woody

Interesting. I would hate to have spent big $ to get a "Blue Star" and then later find them available for $35.

Regards, greg

Is shiny black a limited edition? It's still available at many retailers

Yes, that was released as the LE from the 2007 along the white. I think that the black gloss then was "promoted" to the regular production for some reasons...