The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Bexley Imperial With Cherry Blossom Themed Makie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:46

Based on the Bexley Imperial, this pen is decorated with exquisite makie art on cherry blossom. The nib is F and this is a smooth F nib. As a Boch-made nib (I heard Bexley uses Boch's nibs), this F is of course wider than a typical Japanese F nibs.

The presentation is minimal and I am fine with it, as what it counts is the pen itself.

The pen is very light weight for the size because it is made of ebonite. From my seat of pants feeling, it is lighter than my Pilot Custom 845.

The makie artwork is amazing, as you can see in the photos below. I have several makie pens from Pilot, Platinum and Sailor already; but, this makie art is the most elaborate.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here is a size comparison picture with MB 146, 149 and Custom 845.
Posted Image
My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Sponsored Content

#2 akrishna59

akrishna59

Dr. Verghese Kurien - Father of the White Revolution in India.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:29

beautiful pen, is that screen printed or hand painted?

rgds.

krishna.
ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

#3 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:03

beautiful pen, is that screen printed or hand painted?

rgds.

krishna.

I belive it is hand painted, as the big chunk of the artwork cannot be screen printed by the look of the pattern.
My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#4 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,014 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:08

outstanding pen :thumbup: thanks for sharing
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#5 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• 1,532 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 16:26

Beautiful! I had not seen this one before. Now, of course, I want one ;)
Tamara

#6 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 18:32

Stunning pen!

Sponsored Content

|