My Brand New Waterman Carene

MOVIESTAR

I now have my first Waterman Carene in Amber. What a beauty she is!

I am still trying to work out how to exactly line up the nib and the barrel trim. I know it's something to do with the GP screw thread inside where the converter goes in, because I moved it and the barrel trim then didn't line up. Any tips for this please?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• MOVIESTAR

• haldane3

• Tdot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am still trying to work out how to exactly line up the nib and the barrel trim. I know it's something to do with the GP screw thread inside where the converter goes in, because I moved it and the barrel trim then didn't line up. Any tips for this please?

Yes, either unscrew or screw up the nut. Doing this allows the adjacent threaded ring to float. Allowing this to float moves the thread pitch position which changes the final rotational resting place of the barrel. Small adjustments are required to get the precise alignment of the button with the nib.

Check this post out.

Edited by Force

Thanks for the comments guys!

You'll love my next pen thats coming puddle.gif

In the days gone by, people believed that if a person touched an object, that object would form a bond with a part of their soul.

Today such a thought seems almost absurd....Until you enter the realm of Montblanc's master craftsmen.

Montblanc - Soul makers for over 100 years

Yes, either unscrew or screw up the nut. Doing this allows the adjacent threaded ring to float. Allowing this to float moves the thread pitch position which changes the final rotational resting place of the barrel. Small adjustments are required to get the precise alignment of the button with the nib.

Check this post out.

Thank You so much for the link FORCE

Now my carene is perfectly lined up thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

In the days gone by, people believed that if a person touched an object, that object would form a bond with a part of their soul.

Today such a thought seems almost absurd....Until you enter the realm of Montblanc's master craftsmen.

post-34817-0-57174100-1338324825.jpg

yikes.gif

Not a very convient place for a pen. ;) I prefer mine to be close too, but it has its place...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9417/watermancarene1.jpg

My Blog Recently updated with first impression of the Waterman Carène / Sailor 1911 Standard

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Well I just had to join in...

fpn_1339012548__dsc_0462.jpg

but this must be the ultimate stand...

fpn_1339012778__dscn0121.jpg

Edited by Force

I still like that display Force, but you should put your self lacquered Carene on it. That effort merits a unique showplace.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi

I am lusting after a Carene myself! What nib size did you purchase?

Edit - just saw it is medium!

Edited by vistafan

fpn_1339012778__dscn0121.jpg

Or half of the ultimate stand (if I felt competitive, I could say you have only 2/5 of the ultimate stand) :roflmho:

http://episodefive.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/careneset.jpg?w=590&h=442

Qui me amat, amat et canem meum

Or half of the ultimate stand (if I felt competitive, I could say you have only 2/5 of the ultimate stand) :roflmho:

OOOOOO, another Carene stand, very nice indeed and the opposite hand.

While my maths is good, you have lost me on the 2/5 bit.

Please don't entice me into a display competition...oh what the heck :embarrassed_smile: give me a couple of days to sort it out.

Edited by Force

OOOOOO, another Carene stand, very nice indeed and the opposite hand.

While my maths is good, you have lost me on the 2/5 bit.

Please don't entice me into a display competition...oh what the heck :embarrassed_smile: give me a couple of days to sort it out.

Well, since the 2 pieces make the complete original Carene display, we each have half. Unless you consider the "5" pens to be the display, then you have 2/5 of the display and I have the winning 3/5 of the display ;) . Okay, I knew it was a dumb joke when I started it, I thought there might be a lead to an Orwell joke in there somewhere... Some halves are more equal than others... :doh: (But I think you have me beat on the head count)

And I agree that you should show off your ivory finish more often, that should have been a factory color. :thumbup:

Qui me amat, amat et canem meum

And I agree that you should show off your ivory finish more often, that should have been a factory color. :thumbup:

OK but just a quick pic...

fpn_1339170060__dsc_4788.jpg

Edited by Force

Well I just had to join in...

fpn_1339012548__dsc_0462.jpg

Mine is like this. I'm tempted to change the nib to a fine one though.

I have also worked out how to line up the end of the barrel with the nib.

That's one very good looking ivory Carene you got there. :thumbup:

My Blog Recently updated with first impression of the Waterman Carène / Sailor 1911 Standard

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

That's one very good looking ivory Carene you got there. :thumbup:

And what's more important: he did the lacquering himself. It is a unique piece.

D.ick

~

~

I have been looking at these pens; 2 questions;

Has anyone experience of the stubb nib?

and where did you get the Carene stands from, they look fantastic!

I have yet to buy one but this is my stalwart an old medium fitted to a battered Black Sea. A wonderfully smooth nib loaded with what has become my favourite Encre Verte.

fpn_1340435807__dscn7398.jpg

The stand, that was a lucky ebuygum purchase. They don't appear very often so when they do buy it.

It is a real stub. There is line variation but not as much as an italic. Mine is very smooth. Must take it into rotation again soon...

D.ick

~

~