• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KrazyIvan

• Osmaroid

• LizEF

• Flounder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah - but on Pels the section is glued to the barrel, and they're piston fillers. On these isn't there a chance the section could come out with the cap?

That happened to me with a Stipula, which I returned for a refund when the cap and the section unscrewed together.

Thanks for this, completely escaped my attention. I'm actually on the lookout for an inexpensive screwcap fp as a throw in the bag, fine if its lent and scratched type pen. I totally agree, it doesn't look gaudy at all, if fact some of the finishes look really nice for a few dollars more. I'm talking to you, blue marble! Here's a page with all the styles available: http://nemosinepens....dels/4563356599

Hopefully, a UK reseller will pick these up, I couldn't get one from the Amazon US site that will ship to the UK. And a few more nib options would be nice.

All in all though, it looks a classy package. Cap looks great, band looks good. I like the cone taper to both the cap and barrel ends too. I'll keep my eyes open!

edit - can I ask a question about the Nemosine engraving on the cap band, their site makes it look higher contrast than your photos, are they using photographic trickery? Does it look more like your photos or the site's pictures in the flesh?

Edited by Flounder

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

edit - can I ask a question about the Nemosine engraving on the cap band, their site makes it look higher contrast than your photos, are they using photographic trickery? Does it look more like your photos or the site's pictures in the flesh?

I'm not the OP but I have one. In person I'd say the engraving on the cap band looks somewhere in the middle. I can read mine clearly but it doesn't look nearly as high-contrast as it does in the site pictures, more like frosted white against the silver-colored metal.

Thanks for this, completely escaped my attention. I'm actually on the lookout for an inexpensive screwcap fp as a throw in the bag, fine if its lent and scratched type pen. I totally agree, it doesn't look gaudy at all, if fact some of the finishes look really nice for a few dollars more. I'm talking to you, blue marble! Here's a page with all the styles available: http://nemosinepens....dels/4563356599

Hopefully, a UK reseller will pick these up, I couldn't get one from the Amazon US site that will ship to the UK. And a few more nib options would be nice.

All in all though, it looks a classy package. Cap looks great, band looks good. I like the cone taper to both the cap and barrel ends too. I'll keep my eyes open!

Funnily enough, my answer is "both"! I looked at it in daylight and it seemed to be very much like my photos with a muted logo - probably the shiny band causes this appearance. I did take my photos by daylight, by the way. However, when I held it directlky under a compact fluorescent light source, it the appeared much more distinct as in the pictures from the site.

Thanks Requiescat & Osmaroid for checking that out for me.

I've been thinking about the name Nemosine Singularity:

Nemo - No one, no man

Sine - Without

A singular pen no man should be without?

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Oh man. Thanks to you all, I just bought another pen I didn't need. :embarrassed_smile: :puddle:

I picked the walnut colored one. Will report back when it arrives :)

[url="http://i-think-ink.tumblr.com/"]thINK[/url]: my pen & paper blog :)

"Nemosine" is fairly clearly a respelling of "Mnemosyne." Why the manufacturer didn't spell it in the normal way is unclear to me. As Mnemosyne, in Greek mythology, is associated with memory, I can understand that a writing instrument, with which one can create records, might also be associated with memory.

There was a time when the English might not have expected (or pretended not to expect) that anybody in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, could spell a word of classical reference, but that time is past and for all I know the pen was named by an Old Etonian. Though not, I trust, by a 70-year-Old Etonian.

Based on this Nemosine Singularity review and discussion, I ordered two of these (one as a gift). I inked the one I needed to keep and discovered that the nib had not been pushed all the way into the section. It was easy to push in even inked using a couple of Kimtech task wipers, a thumb, and an index finger. When I checked the pen I intended to give as a gift, the nib was not pushed in all the way either (again, easy to do, especially not inked). So, some of you who receive this pen or plan to give one as a gift may want to be certain the nib is pushed into the section completely. BTW: the pen does write great with the included ink cartridges; a great buy, in my opinion. Thanks for the careful and complete review!

All the Best,

T

I respect all these people who go in for eyedropper conversion, but am not yet one of them. For me this would be a cartridge pen, sold with a converter of greater or lesser merit.

What I would like to know is: does the pen take short international cartridges? long international cartridges? if yes to long carts, does it seem that the barrel has enough room for let's say a Schmidt converter? I've often found the included converter that came with a cheap pen was itself not solid enough for my taste, though usable, whereas I'd be happier when I replaced it with something solid, e.g. from Schmidt. Or, if the pen takes long Waterman cartridges, with a Waterman converter. So I'd like to know if the barrel is long enough for those possibilities.

I respect all these people who go in for eyedropper conversion, but am not yet one of them. For me this would be a cartridge pen, sold with a converter of greater or lesser merit.

What I would like to know is: does the pen take short international cartridges? long international cartridges? if yes to long carts, does it seem that the barrel has enough room for let's say a Schmidt converter? I've often found the included converter that came with a cheap pen was itself not solid enough for my taste, though usable, whereas I'd be happier when I replaced it with something solid, e.g. from Schmidt. Or, if the pen takes long Waterman cartridges, with a Waterman converter. So I'd like to know if the barrel is long enough for those possibilities.

The pen comes with 6 short international cartridges. The converter supplied has a barrel length that seems almost the same as a Schmidt but a "twister" that is about 1/4" shorter giving the the piston in the Schmidt about a 1/8 inch longer throw. That 1/4" is just too much for this pen - the barrel is about 1/16" short of being able to screw completely down on the section. The converter that comes with the pen does seem to be one of the better Chinese ones, for what that's worth, but doesn't have the metal band around the tip that the Schmidt has.. I also do not use cartridge/converter pens as eyedroppers, but I don't use cartridges either unless the pen is too short for a converter. A while back I put most of my cartridges in a box for storage and now can't find the box! This means I don't have a long international crtridge available but I did have an empty Waterman. The Waterman JUST fits - it is so tight that, on unscrewing the barrel, the cartridge comes with it (glad I didn't try it with a full one!). I didn't need pliers to remove it, just fingernails, so it appears that only the very end stuck at the end of the barrel.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Osmaroid

Thanks for the responsive answer. Maybe I'll leave this inexpensive gem to others, although to be fair there are lots of people who will do fine with short international carts or the included converter.

I just got a Nemosine in the mail for less than $15. I have to agree with the OP that it comes well wrapped, very impressing for a <$15 pen. The body and build of it are very good, very very good. It comes with extra cartridges and a use and care book and you do have to wonder how they can produce this for less than $15.

Alas, I do not agree with the people who think the nib is silky smooth. It just isn't. It isn't bad, not bad at all but it's not a Pilot nib so don't expect one. Maybe I am just spoiled and maybe with a bit of effort and use it would wear in and be a go to pen. It is not flexy and if you like a stiff nib, this one might be the one for you. I would suggest the paper bag trick and that might make the nib like glass.

Honestly, I would take a Pelikan Pelikano Jr over the Nemosine, or a Pilot 78G. For a low end pen, this one looks great though, and I think the effort went into the presentation of all good things here. Heck, I really love the name...the perfect pairing of Greek mythology and physics.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Could I trouble someone to measure the length of the section alone, and the diameter of the section at its narrowest, please? I don't use my Baoer 388 much due to these dimensions forcing my fingers to cramp together too much.

Edited by Flounder