Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Cooking this afternoon...fpn_1387658132__photo_20131221_152950.jp

Esterbrook J with Osmiroid soft medium rolatip, ink is Akkerman diep duinwaterblau...

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diplomat Classic Collection Nr. 1 (Ebonit)

My Handwriting is unworthy this wonderful pen (F-nib, steel), therefore Chopin wrote to my advantage B)

post-79877-0-90060500-1387661357.jpg

Edited by womyn

Ok guys. here is a bit of a challange...

fpn_1387680561__my_request.jpg

I have been using my Lamy Alstar with 1.1 nb and sherwood green... this is a wide nib for me and I a really working on getting the hang of it... also used on cards was my Jinhao with Nemosine 0.9 mm nib which is much easier for me...

fpn_1387681165__challange_too.jpg

Can't wait to see some of the awesome pen and ink combinations you have been using...

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Great idea Prvt. Toter, I´m in. :thumbup:

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/1139/eegv.jpg

(Pelikan 100N - EF ..... Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa)

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

Edited by Pterodactylus

fpn_1387747301__response.jpg

fpn_1387747472__breakfast.jpg

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Oh go on then.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/custom_91_tsuki_yo.jpg

The photo, taken under a desk lamp with a mobile phone, does not in any way do justice to the subtleties of the gorgeous Caran d'Ache Magnetic Blue.
The ink is so well behaved, a joy to use and has a lovely subtle shading quality. It constantly lives in my Tsuki-Yo coloured Pilot Custom 91- F nib.

Thanks to a very generous FPN member for the few sheets of Tomoe River paper. It's gorgeous. So smooth and has a lovely tactile quality to it. It feels really fragile but takes ink so well.

(the photo doesn't do that justice either - another time perhaps . . .)

fpn_1387756028__photo_20131222_184617.jp

Bulow x750 w/ broad Knox nib, ink is Architect whiskey brown.

The crepes sound like my approach, but I use an 11 inch griddle (cast iron, of course).

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Ok guys. here is a bit of a challange...

fpn_1387680561__my_request.jpg

Come on guys, this can't be true!!!

Hundreds of clicks in the thread and nobody can continue the poem.

Don't be shy, I'm sure we can complete it until Christmas. :)

Hi Amber,

thanks for the compliment, but I´m just scribbling a bit.

I like your drawings aswell, keep it coming! :bunny01:

Observed your recent avatar changes, the current one is great :thumbup: (the spider was also good).

Your Frosty is quite attractive, I hope this will not end in a cat fight between your and my snow-woman.......

It´s like with real women, snow-women are difficult ;)

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/9956/bdmp.jpg

(Serwex MB - flex EMF ..... ESS Registrars Blue/Black)

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_851.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'll gladly add a line, though mine is from the original and not nearly as saucy as zoni's Creole version:

fpn_1387833838__img_7829_1024x768.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

And once the Easter Bunny really considered this job....

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_851b.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Muahahaha.... :thumbup:

Nothing is like revenge of a female.....

Awesome, well done Amber, I love it. :bunny01:

You inspired me!

A Christmas plating experiment - one week later.

This is a Brause, No. 76, Iserlohn or "Rose" nib that has been gold plated for corrosion-protection and then rhodium plated at the edges and contacts to reduce wear.

The first few days were in iron gall but now it is seated, round-the-clock, in an Ahab demonstrator to see if the plating works ;)

fpn_1388483848__ahab__rose.jpg

Totally besotted; can't stop scribbling with this fella. It's a total joy to look at, hold and use. I'm finding any old excuse to play with it.

Happy New Year people, glad to have FPN back again.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/visconti_homo_sapiens.jpg

Pen: Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze EF nib - Thanks Santa (and mhphoto for your advice)

Ink: My Sepia Grey Black - ( 3 parts Rohrer & Klingner Sepia, 1 part Diamine Grey, 1 part Noodler's Bullet Proof Black)

Paper: Stillman & Birn Epsilon sketchbook - takes anything you throw at it - 10/10