Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

http://i42.tinypic.com/73orqr.jpg

Edited by Comptine

Lamy Al-star Blue (M) - Caran d'Ache Carbon Black

Parker 95 (M) - Iroshizuku Chiku Rin

Cult Pens by Kaweco (mini) - J. Herbin Eclat de saphir

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoy seeing the drawings as well as the writing. Can't contribute any decent drawings of my own, unfortunately.

post-79989-0-21477500-1387223455_thumb.jpg

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

PHN here is the pseudo twin to the triumph... an Admiral... no white dot. another snorkle with a more conventional nib...

fpn_1387245264__f.jpg

fpn_1387245303__g.jpg

And the writing sample from the Sheaffer... nice pen, again super smooth vintage Sheaffer...

fpn_1387244278__e.jpg

AND the Namiki Falcon with Noodlers Black

fpn_1387247508__x.jpg

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Vignette... super nice pen.... WOW!

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Vignette, I can almost smell that pen from your photos. I love how it makes the 54th Massachusetts look and behave.

I only have a very lightweight plastic no name pen from Platinum to show today. It's only distinguishing feature I suppose is it's ribbed section but despite it's cheap feel it has a gorgeously smooth nib.

It was an ebay find for £21.48 delivered and came with a matching ballpen. Result.

R&K's Leipziger Schwarz

http://www.taskyprianou.com/Leipziger-Platinum.jpg

Vignette - great pen! There isn't much better in the pen world than cherishing and using a pen once owned by a family member. Nice writing, too.

Tas, love your drawings. You sure can make an inexpensive pen perform like a Ferrari!

Bernardo, I am completely jealous of your PFM stub.

tringle, What is it about Salz pens that makes them so fun to use?!

ablas, did you get those pens from Cirque du Soleil? What balance!

I was traveling for a few days and unable to post. Here is one I inked today:

fpn_1387401640__montblanc_friedrich_schi

fpn_1387401658__montblanc_friedrich_schi

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/6106/3nz0.jpg

(Serwex MB - flex EMF ..... ESS Registrars Blue/Black)

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

Poor snowman . . .

Hi Pterodactylus, no the Mercedes isn't mine. It was parked in front of me the other day whilst I was waiting to pick up the kids from school.

(you must have one or know a lot about the fellas)

Hi David, I love cheap pens. Some, like this Platinum, should really go for a lot more. The nib is a joy to use.

Talking of cheap pens :yikes: My Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze EF arrived today. I've been such a good boy. It's still in the box ( mhphoto :D ) and will remain so until Christmas Day / evening.

Thank you to everyone on this forum who helped make this monumental decision for me. It wasn't easy but 79spitfire, your “But a pen, that’s art, that makes art” comment and mhphoto you'r thoughtful message tipped me over the edge. The Tortoise M800 and Pilot Bamboo will now sadly have to wait for my lottery numbers to come up . . .

Edited by Tas

Vignette - great pen! There isn't much better in the pen world than cherishing and using a pen once owned by a family member. Nice writing, too.

Tas, love your drawings. You sure can make an inexpensive pen perform like a Ferrari!

Bernardo, I am completely jealous of your PFM stub.

tringle, What is it about Salz pens that makes them so fun to use?!

ablas, did you get those pens from Cirque du Soleil? What balance!

I was traveling for a few days and unable to post. Here is one I inked today:

fpn_1387401640__montblanc_friedrich_schi

fpn_1387401658__montblanc_friedrich_schi

Wow, that's a nice looking pen, congrats! :thumbup:

СОЮЗ (Soyuz) 1950

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/1950.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

hi dcpritch,

the zagreb style knights have ears that the pens were able to sit in nicely.

Nicely done! :thumbup:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch