|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
My Ahab Is Possessed
Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:47
I found it today and holy cow! She lives!
I've left ink sitting in this thing. It took about a second to start and then BLAM. This pen writes freaking great! I now see everyone's recommendation. This writes the way I hoped it would when I ordered the thing.
Has anyone had this happen before? A pen randomly working for no reason and nothing different?
Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:55
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:03
Mine has had a full converter full of BSB in it for about 2 weeks, coming to and from work with me in my pen wrap, and it'll still skip.
Time to clean it again and try a more neutral ink.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:19
/Shrug. Black magic?
Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:17
But I learned that Noodlers #41 Brown just doesn't flow well in this pen.
After trying regular bullet proof black it flowed better. But still has issue with flowing down the nib.
I am now convinced the nib is the problem. Even after several cleanings.
I have just bought the Noodler's Konrad flex and have high hopes it will work better.
But I have also ordered Knox K35 nibs and hope that they improve the flow of ink.
I don't really like a flex nib.
I'll report my findings once I get the items in.
PM me if you would like to exchange postcards.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:53
But I bought the pen as something to tinker with before I buy a more expensive pen, so I'm okay with it working sometimes and not working other times, it gives me experience to tinker and figure out the problems.