'paper-Blanks' Note Books/journals

Quill1

Aw, I was going to invest in the Shakespeare...nevermind, I may look at another range...now to decide...

I already have the old leathers that I wrote my travel journal in.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Paperblanks

• Quill1

• LittleMissHijaabHead

At the moment using Black Moroccan mini,

and I have a Mucha collection Amythyst currently in the mail.

The Mucha is excellent by the way.

I have gifted one to my best friend, as a birthdaygift/memento, and couldn't resist writing a foreword. I used my Parker 45 and standard blue ink, and had no problems what so ever.

I'm thinking of buying the grolier ornamental for a hobbyproject (writing, ink drawings and maybe some paint), but I'm not too sure about the clasps and if the thickness of the paper would suffice.

Anyone have experience with this one ?

http://blog.paperblanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Grolier-Ornamentali_ultra.gif

1358091201[/url]' post='2563483']

http://blog.paperblanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Grolier-Ornamentali_ultra.gif

I have this one and the clips are fine. The paper bleeds a little with broader/italics nibs and saturated inks. I only have 1 other Paperblanks Journal and don't know what it's called - it has a magnetic flap and scripts writing on the cover. I think the paper in that one is better than the one above.

I have this one and the clips are fine. The paper bleeds a little with broader/italics nibs and saturated inks. I only have 1 other Paperblanks Journal and don't know what it's called - it has a magnetic flap and scripts writing on the cover. I think the paper in that one is better than the one above.

Alright, thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi! Reviving this thread following the intervention by Paperblanks on this other thread :-)

I'm trying to figure out for sure whether mine is from before 2008, because the paper quality would definitely indicate that it is. Looking at the flyleaf at the back of the notebook, it says 'Tiffany Leaded Glass' under the paperblanks logo, and then 'Tiffany Autumn Vine', There are two ©, both for 2006, one for the image and the other just says Hartley & Marks Publishers.

I also found another one that was lying around in the house, which also has pretty absorbent paper. This says 'Old Leather' under the Paperblanks logo, and below that, 'Black Moroccan', with a © for 2007.

I don't know if that's enough to check when they were made, but if not, I can take photos of the back flyleaf on each (both sides) and post here or email Paperblanks or PM you here...whatever works for you :-)

Edited by Plume145

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

Hi! Reviving this thread following the intervention by Paperblanks on this other thread :-)

I'm trying to figure out for sure whether mine is from before 2008, because the paper quality would definitely indicate that it is. Looking at the flyleaf at the back of the notebook, it says 'Tiffany Leaded Glass' under the paperblanks logo, and then 'Tiffany Autumn Vine', There are two ©, both for 2006, one for the image and the other just says Hartley & Marks Publishers.

I also found another one that was lying around in the house, which also has pretty absorbent paper. This says 'Old Leather' under the Paperblanks logo, and below that, 'Black Moroccan', with a © for 2007.

I don't know if that's enough to check when they were made, but if not, I can take photos of the back flyleaf on each (both sides) and post here or email Paperblanks or PM you here...whatever works for you :-)

Hi! While we still carry those designs, they were both most definitely available before we made the significant improvements. That coupled with the bad paper and the dates you mention would indicate it's an older book. I'd recommend trying some of our newer journals if only just to see the difference! (There's a pretty good list earlier in the thread of our newer collections.)

But if you *really* want us to check, we can! All you have to do is give us the batch number located on the bottom left corner of the second last page in the book.

Thanks for all the interest!

- Paperblanks

Okay, I think I have them - the Tiffany Leaded Glass one would be 044231, and the Old Leather one would be 121205. Do those make sense?

Thanks for this!

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

Hi! Correct, those are indeed the batch numbers! :)

Can we continue this conversation via email? Message us at facebook@hartleyandmarks.com and then we'll run the numbers past our Production department!

- Paperblanks