Montblanc Boheme

Boston Brian

I'm having a bit of the same ink issue as you. New Boheme pen skips but it hasn't really been left alone since I got it. After awhile of writing though, it seems to smooth out only to skip again here and there. I thought it was my paper at first. It doesn't do well with Clairefontaine. Perhaps it's just how I write, too fast. I haven't tried soaking it though. That's a thought. Good luck working yours out. I'll keep an eye out here to see if any other suggestions pop up.

Woah on soaking a Boheme. They have had issues with internal pieces parts rusting.

My Website

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen tom

• jar

• stacybean

• JLS1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Stacy I knew that Montblanc did bring out the larger size Boheme few years back but did not know that they were nearly the same size as the Montblanc 149.

It's a pity that they stopped it, I actually prefer it to the current Boheme although the current one is very nice.

Take a look at this post for a side-by-side comparison of the XL Boheme and 149.

Woah on soaking a Boheme. They have had issues with internal pieces parts rusting.

I thought that issue was with the retractable nib Bohemes...would this apply to one with a fixed nib?

Take a look at this post for a side-by-side comparison of the XL Boheme and 149.

I thought that issue was with the retractable nib Bohemes...would this apply to one with a fixed nib?

I'm not sure. What is the filling mechanism?

My Website

I'm not sure. What is the filling mechanism?

Not having a Boheme, I would guess still carts, but the fixed-nib variant probably doesn't have the metal parts in the section for retracting/extending the nib.

I always wanted this pen, partly because I've received the ballpoint, roller, pencil as gifts over the years so I want to complete the set.

I also like think the retractable nib is pretty cool.... but I always talked myself out it of because it's cartridge only, and I didn't want another $800.00 pen that I couldn't really use on the road because I fear losing it.

So it's pretty ironic, while I was on the road, this summer, and after a few too many, I walked into a MB store and walked out with this pen.... Regrets... NO... it's a piece of art, and the nib is perfect, I'm getting used to my first cartridge only.

Edited by amcityink

I have the Paso Doble Bleu -- it is one of my favorite pens. The nib is fantastic; never skips and always starts. I agree with other comments about how comfortable Boheme pens are to use, in terms of overall length, once posted.

Amazing photographs!

The Boheme paso doble is so beautiful; I am fortunate to enjoy it as well, such a smooth nib. Whenever I visit Mary at Bromfield Pens in Boston or Moses at MB O'Hare, I always look to see which Bohemes they've got. I've heard that they're not as popular, and that's perfectly fine by me as the negotiation is a little stronger wink.gif

I recommend one in every one of your favorite gemstone colors!

That is just gorgeous !

• 9 months later...

Cartridges only.

Not so - there is a medium-size Boheme with a non-retractable nib that takes a converter ...

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I once had a non-retractable model, but sold it. I wish that I still had it. Now you've given me something to think about

I love my Boheme, I have the Lilac Pirouette version.

I to had issues with it skipping at first until I started using a converter to clean out the pen with Pen Flush I got From Fountain Pen Hospital.

Now I have no issues at all and it is one of my most used pens! Love it.

• 3 weeks later...

In reading these posts I see reference to medium boheme, large, XL. How does one know what size that a pen is? In reading classified ads selling bohemia I have yet to see any reference to the size of the pen.

In reading these posts I see reference to medium boheme, large, XL. How does one know what size that a pen is? In reading classified ads selling bohemia I have yet to see any reference to the size of the pen.

You really need to ask the seller.

My Website

You really need to ask the seller.

I did ask a seller and they said that there was no indication of the size on the box.

I did ask a seller and they said that there was no indication of the size on the box.

Do they have a ruler? Can they send you a picture of the pen next to a ruler?

My Website

Shouldn't the model number indicate the size and nib type (retractable or not)?

FYI, there's a thread on the 'Big' or XL Boheme here. AFAIK (and I could be wrong about this):

- the current non-retractable Boheme is usually referred to as the 'medium' Boheme

- the current retractable Boheme(s) are usually referred to as the 'small' or 'regular' Bohemes

Do they have a ruler? Can they send you a picture of the pen next to a ruler?

Its about 4.25 inches capped. But I don't know how long a small or medium is supposed to be