Montblanc Boheme

Boston Brian

I am attracted to this particular MB pen and would like to opinions of people who have one, and what they think of it. I have a MB 146 with a broad nib and a La Grand with a broad nib, both of which I love.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen tom

• jar

• stacybean

• JLS1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am attracted to this particular MB pen and would like to opinions of people who have one, and what they think of it. I have a MB 146 with a broad nib and a La Grand with a broad nib, both of which I love.

The 146 and Le Grand are the same pen. It's just that MB has called it different things at times.

My Website

I have a large size Boheme with a retractable medium nib. It is similar to a MB149 in size. The nib is quite wonderful and the pen is a joy to use. I believe that there are a number of reviews for your reading pleasure in the archives here.

I have a large size Boheme with a retractable medium nib. It is similar to a MB149 in size. The nib is quite wonderful and the pen is a joy to use. I believe that there are a number of reviews for your reading pleasure in the archives here.

Hi Staybean,

Like this one?

post-27934-0-59408800-1335926986.png

post-27934-0-44190700-1335926995.png

post-27934-0-19056100-1335927007.png

Comparison of the 146 with Boheme XL.

I just received this from Goop.... Broad nib... Gorgeous pen!

Regards,

Alan

Meisterstuck 146 LE, 149 LE, Solitare 146 LE, White Meissen,

Hitchcock, PoA Tate 4810, Starwalker Ceramic LE, Boheme Plat Big Size, Boheme Morron,

WE Hemingway, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald, Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi

i like the Boheme line, and have several; they come in so many different finishes, that i often find myself drawn to them. my main issue with them is the size, because they are small (although once posted, it's roughly the same length as an unposted 149, which is how i use mine); accordingly, it also has a small section, so people with larger hands may not find them comfortable. i do own a Rouge version that is non-retractable, w inclusive converter, that is larger sized and similar to the 146; this is a nice compromise w good size and still retaining the jeweled look, but this particular form has been discontinued (along w the even bigger XL Boheme w the retractable nib). the retractable mechanism is interesting, and always impresses people that i show. personally, these days i find myself veering more toward larger pens with wider sections and bigger nibs, like the 149 and Writer's Editions, so i don't use the Boheme's so much anymore. but i do think they have very attractive finishes that is worth a look.

I love Bohème pens. No matter when and where it's I always have one of them clipped in my shirt pocket. When capped/closed it has just the perfect size for carrying in pocket and once posted it's no longer a small pen at all. It is quite comfortable for me and I don't have small hands.

The best part is of course the performance. I have three Bohèmes and all are extraordinary writers. Every other pen I have had at least one or two start-up or skipping instances but not Bohèmes. You can leave a Bohème unattended for weeks and when you come back to it, it will start writing as if you filled it just minutes ago. I cannot quite describe it but they are, for me, the BEST nib I’ve ever written with (among numerous other nibs from Montblanc, Pelikan, Graf von Faber-Castell, Cross, Sheaffer, Parker, Visconti that I have first-hand experience with.)

Here are a few old photos you may like;

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/Pen%20and%20Ink/IMG_0098.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/Pen%2001%20-%20Montblanc/20120416006IMG_1302.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/Pen%2001%20-%20Montblanc/20120416007IMG_1308.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/Pen%2001%20-%20Montblanc/201204160477DA1113.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/Pen%2001%20-%20Montblanc/201204160457DA1104.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/UNDual-Time31.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/UNDual-Time38.jpg

Edited by halidak

Regards,

Halid

I love Bohème pens. No matter when and where it's I always have one of them clipped in my shirt pocket. When capped/closed it has just the perfect size for carrying in pocket and once posted it's no longer a small pen at all. It is quite comfortable for me and I don't have small hands.

The best part is of course the performance. I have three Bohèmes and all are extraordinary writers. Every other pen I have had at least one or two start-up or skipping instances but not Bohèmes. You can leave a Bohème unattended for weeks and when you come back to it, it will start writing as if you filled it just minutes ago. I cannot quite describe it but they are, for me, the BEST nib I’ve ever written with (among numerous other nibs from Montblanc, Pelikan, Graf von Faber-Castell, Cross, Sheaffer, Parker, Visconti that I have first-hand experience with.)

Beautiful pens, and magnificent photos. I also like the Bohéme line and the many options it offers in terms of materials and colors. We have two in our pen tray (a Marron and a Big Size), and they are among the best nibs of our small collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Boheme FP & BP which are both in my rotation.

I bought it for the nerdiness of the mechanism which I love but as I tend to write for short bursts, rather than long stretches, I was conscious of how many times I had to put the lid on - thereby needing to use the mechanism to retract the nib.

I don't put any FP down without putting the lid back on - just what I do.

The nib is great - mine plain old medium - and writes well.

Get one and love it and if you are buying from MB ask them for a couple of the pen-flushing cartridge cleaners to keep your FP clean

You can't have too many fountain pens.....

I have several Mont Blanc fountain pens and I must agree with a previous post that both my Boheme nibs are fantastic.

I bought the Boheme black resin/platinum finish blue stone fountain pen with fine nib and it did take a bit of use to get going, but once in its stride it has been one of my best writers the fine nib is incredible.

I also have the Doue fountain pen with a medium nib and it is also magical to write with, this one I bought second hand however. The previous owner had dropped it, but Mont Blanc fixed it beautifully and it writes like a dream. The previous owner now wants to buy it back.........NEVER!!!

I have one of these and it had a like butter nib. Lately I can't get it to draw and deliver ink reliably. Any cleaning suggestions or does this pen just do this. I am guilty of setting aside the pen for a week with ink in it. I have since soaked it and tried to flush it with water which I gently blew through it. I would like to clean it and get it back to 100%. Any suggestions?

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Do you mean similar to a 146 in size as you have posted 149?

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/halidak/UNDual-Time38.jpg

Amazing photographs!

The Boheme paso doble is so beautiful; I am fortunate to enjoy it as well, such a smooth nib. Whenever I visit Mary at Bromfield Pens in Boston or Moses at MB O'Hare, I always look to see which Bohemes they've got. I've heard that they're not as popular, and that's perfectly fine by me as the negotiation is a little stronger ;)

I recommend one in every one of your favorite gemstone colors!

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Beautiful pens, and magnificent photos. I also like the Bohéme line and the many options it offers in terms of materials and colors. We have two in our pen tray (a Marron and a Big Size), and they are among the best nibs of our small collection.

Amazing photographs!

The Boheme paso doble is so beautiful; I am fortunate to enjoy it as well, such a smooth nib. Whenever I visit Mary at Bromfield Pens in Boston or Moses at MB O'Hare, I always look to see which Bohemes they've got. I've heard that they're not as popular, and that's perfectly fine by me as the negotiation is a little stronger ;)

I recommend one in every one of your favorite gemstone colors!

Thank you for your kind comments. :embarrassed_smile:

I've heard that they're not as popular,...

Hi Steve,

I think your comment, unfortunately, seems to hold true for Montblanc as well since they are so reluctant to introduce new models for Bohème series.

There are still (now discontinued) the Sharkskin, Topaz and Amethyst Bohèmes that I want to buy. They're becoming more and more rare in brand new condition.

Regards,

Halid

• 2 months later...

I'm having a bit of the same ink issue as you. New Boheme pen skips but it hasn't really been left alone since I got it. After awhile of writing though, it seems to smooth out only to skip again here and there. I thought it was my paper at first. It doesn't do well with Clairefontaine. Perhaps it's just how I write, too fast. I haven't tried soaking it though. That's a thought. Good luck working yours out. I'll keep an eye out here to see if any other suggestions pop up.

I have one of these and it had a like butter nib. Lately I can't get it to draw and deliver ink reliably. Any cleaning suggestions or does this pen just do this. I am guilty of setting aside the pen for a week with ink in it. I have since soaked it and tried to flush it with water which I gently blew through it. I would like to clean it and get it back to 100%. Any suggestions?

I had a small/retractable (Rouge) and it wrote really well. It was just a little too small for my hands.

very nice paso doble, i think i WANT one :rolleyes:

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

• 2 years later...

The gem is certainly artificial, although they could have given a real gem at that price point or +- a small sum of money.

If you can pay 695 USD+ for a pen, I guess you also can pay a little extra for that genuine gemstone touch!

Edited by Penoholic

Hi Stacy I knew that Montblanc did bring out the larger size Boheme few years back but did not know that they were nearly the same size as the Montblanc 149.

It's a pity that they stopped it, I actually prefer it to the current Boheme although the current one is very nice.