A.w. Faber Castell "hologram" Pen (1980S)

terminal

Haha too funny! Who needs a glass dip pen anyways... :)

They have one distinct advantage over the ol' ten penny.... a way to HOLD THEM

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terminal

• 79spitfire

• SheilaM

• Giordana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently I am under treatment for bronchitis and a major asthma attack. I made the mistake of reading this. I now must go in to have a lung reset after coughing it out onto the table.

LOL!

In seriousness, I hope the treatments are working, and wish you the best.

Currently I am under treatment for bronchitis and a major asthma attack. I made the mistake of reading this. I now must go in to have a lung reset after coughing it out onto the table.

LOL!

In seriousness, I hope the treatments are working, and wish you the best.

I'm on the mend! Thanks for the good wishes! (Not to mention the good laugh!)

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

So who among the pen turners thinks they could make a collector sleeve for an actual nail to solve the ink blobbing problem? It would be quite funny yet interesting to make a workable grip section. It would be hilarious to make a working pen with an actual nail as a tip. Maybe turn it into a cartridge for the Parker Ingenuity...

:ltcapd:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Thanks for posting this! What great timing too! I was wondering about those 10 penny nails as my next purchases! :roflmho:

[url="http://i-think-ink.tumblr.com/"]thINK[/url]: my pen & paper blog :)

an excellent review of the 10 penny nail. Be careful with iron gall inks... the oxidation may really take a toll on them :)

You could have used some smoothing paper to make the nib less scratchy but I have to agree that the pen finish is not that great for a faber castell

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

You could have used some smoothing paper to make the nib less scratchy but I have to agree that the pen finish is not that great for a faber castell

Would it surprise you to know this was all done on a pad of blank Rhodia? But anyway, I guess I could have attacked the nib... it might be an interesting project..

edited for spelling "Rhodia" wrong

Edited by terminal

an excellent review of the 10 penny nail. Be careful with iron gall inks... the oxidation may really take a toll on them :)

...take a toll OR IMPROVE? :hmm1:

Thanks for posting this! What great timing too! I was wondering about those 10 penny nails as my next purchases! :roflmho:

AND you can use the rest of the nails to hold pieces of wood together! :o

Terminal, bless your heart, you made me laugh so much today that I am positive my day will be exceptional today! :roflmho:

I loved those comparison nibs and the subtle humor on the 10c nail review... :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

• 1 month later...

Your ten penny pen is a multi function tool. You can use a hammer to get two planks together, for instance.

Would you mind testing that option with the Faber Castell and making a comparative review of the penetrating factor in wood ? :D

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

Hilarious! I mean, sorry for your aggravation, but what a great way to channel it! I love the comparable nibs. (Laughs.) Bravo!

Me too!

I think the plastic sleeves that my local newspaper gets delivered in is about the same color as that pen body....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Your ten penny pen is a multi function tool. You can use a hammer to get two planks together, for instance.

Would you mind testing that option with the Faber Castell and making a comparative review of the penetrating factor in wood ? :D

A multi tasker! Alton Brown would be so proud.... :thumbup:

This thread has made my morning!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

LOL! Yeah... there's a trick you can only do once. ONE TEST, which wood? Maybe start with the softest and work up... I might be able to salvage the nib out of balsa...

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the massive bump, but the thread has more Gold and WIN combined in it to beat a 14k Snorkel Masterpiece :roflmho:

About the corrosion problem, it can be fixed by gold plating, no? :hmm1: I'm seriously considering the idea, now...use and reuse...it's a gift that keeps on giving :doh:

I'm not your 'friend', bud

I particularly liked the comparison to other nibs shot! Made me chuckle this morning.

Fountain pens aren't a collection, it's an insatiable obsession!

Shotokan Karate: Respect, Etiquette, Discipline, Perseverance