The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Modified Converter For Use In Kaweco Sport

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 robofkent

robofkent

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 19:15

Yep I've ordered the new Kaweco Converter for the Sport

Sponsored Content

#42 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 19:26

It looks like the Tryphon converters, also seen on ebay.
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#43 Mafia Geek

Mafia Geek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 19:57

I made one of these myself in about 10 minutes using a silicon ink sac and didn't need to sand the converter down at all, it's also a little longer but I might change that to increase the ink capacity (only holds as much ink as you can squeeze air out of the sac). So far it works great, looks good too in the pen because I can see how much ink is in the sac. I like this much better than an eyedropper conversion and filling the cartridges manually because I find it much easier than using an eyedropper or syringe, but that's me personally.

This in theory could be done for any pen really. Just take any proprietary ink cartridge, cut it off close to the end, and shellac an ink sac. This would make for much larger capacity converters than most piston converters. I might try with Lamy at some point see if that works (might not due to tight space in the barrel, but we'll see)

Sponsored Content

|