The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Waterman Laureat

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 drjmb

drjmb

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2016 - 00:06

Correcting my post above, the square clip is the Laureat I and the rounded clip is the Laureat II. There are other subtle differences but no 3rd generation. I've had mine since the early-mid '80s - a gift from my wife. Used it since and now have four, lookin' for more.

Sponsored Content

#22 drjmb

drjmb

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2016 - 14:45

Good review and a memory that probably all Laureat owners have. My first was a green marble Gen II with the deceptively designated 'M' nib. You are correct about gold plated steel nibs but what a steel nib it is! My wife gave it to me in the mid-80's (?) and it's been in use since. I prefer a little broader line, so the M worked OK for me. Unlike in other brands, I finally acquired a Waterman 'F' nib and it's perfect for me. I now have six, 2 Gen. I and 4 Gen. II. For those who didn't own one before it's a relatively small investment for such a smooth, dependable, consistently good writer that's also exceptionally attractive to my eye.

Sponsored Content

|