The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Delta Gallery Blue Moon Special Edition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 danygr1974

danygr1974

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2012 - 17:22

Here I want to introduce you the Delta Gallery Blue Moon, a variant of the piston filler version of the Delta Dolcevita.
This version is inspired at the "dripping", an american post-war painting style. This special edition with gold trims is called "ORO" and is an exclusive of GOLDPEN, that I wish to thank for making available for this review.
In fact the regular version has silver trims, and also available with cartridge/converter filling system. Another variant with cap, knob and grip section in black is called "DOUE'".

Blue-Moon.jpg

The pen is maked from blue/red resin's solid bar, making every pen different from the others. On the top of the cap there is the Delta logo, in this case gold plated. The clip is inserted with a ring all around the cap and ends with a wheel that meke easy the pocket insertion. A serial number is present on the cap although this is not a limited edition, this why all Delta's are numbered. At the bottom of the cap there's a golden ring that reproduces roman bas-reliefs.

Cap.jpg

The pen body is entirely made of marbled resin with the exception of the transparent ink window, which remain partially visible also with the cap closed. A golden ring separates the body from the false bottom knob: unscrewing this we have access to the real knob, made of brass, like the piston mechanism. When the piston reaches the top limit a clicking sound indicate that the plunger has been completely screwed. This is a safety which avoids overforcing.

Knob.jpg

The threads of the knob cap and the pen are made of steel: very durable. The nib is a classic Delta 14K/585 gold with heart shaped air vent hole.

Pennino.jpg
The writing test has been done with Aurora Black, and immediately I noticed the gorgeous flow and the smoothness of the nib: very delightful. No false start, no skips, no visible flow reduction. Despite the generous dimensions of this pen, the weight distribution makes it very well balanced and easy to handle. With the cap posted the pen became ridiculously too long.
In conclusion the Delta Gallery Blue Moon may be the ideal pen for everyday use, given excellent writing experience, elegance and a practical filling system.

Edited by danygr1974, 20 April 2012 - 17:30.

Daniele.

Admin of the Italian Fountain Pen Forum (Come to meet us!)

Nihil est magnum somnianti

Sponsored Content

#2 Lszuk

Lszuk

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2012 - 21:23

Nice review and great pictures. The pen is great looking. I'm a big fan of the Delta piston. I find the nibs smooth and write beautifully, with plenty of ink. I also have the dolcevita OS, but never use it as the cartridge/converter runs out of ink way too soon.

#3 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:27

I certainly like the looks of this better than the other Gallery. Still, I'd prefer a solid color, I think :)
Tamara

#4 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:48

Love Deltas. This color combo doesn't do it for me, but there are plenty of pretty colors out there for everyone.

#5 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 13:49

Love the Deltas, thanks. My next will be a Dolce Vita midsize with stub nib.

#6 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 16:34

nice review and pics!
thanks!
Cogito ergo sum

#7 Songyi

Songyi

Quiescent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:34

The swirly colour scheme looks pleasing, but just the two chosen colours look ick... I may even consider one that is light green & yellow or sky blue and a smoky white.
“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”
Graham Greene

#8 danygr1974

danygr1974

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2012 - 15:14

Here is the pen with cap posted.

Posted Image
Daniele.

Admin of the Italian Fountain Pen Forum (Come to meet us!)

Nihil est magnum somnianti

#9 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 1,878 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 00:31

I think it's a lovely-looking pen. I'm fine with the colors. Thanks for the review and photos.
Posted Image

#10 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:36

nice color and great pen :thumbup: pity that the delta nibs are so stiff

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#11 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 1,878 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:37

Do all Delta Blue Moon pens seem to have large sections of red only?  Mine does.  At first I was unhappy, but they are one of a kind.  It has a little blob of white that looks like a little bird so that pleased me.  Photos online hardly ever show the mostly red sections.  So back to the question: do Delta Blue Moon pens have significant areas of red only?

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|