Akkerman Ink Group Guy, Anyone?

I'd be interested if there were some folks in the Detroit area that wanted to pool their order. I have a staffed commercial address to receive items.

Cheers, Ted

Yes, I might be interested. I'm in Ann Arbor.

Hey MCN, from the PM's, it looks like lovmac is handling all of the reshipping from the left coast.

Cheers, Ted

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovmac

• amberleadavis

• mik86

• Ted Andkilde

I'd be in for 1, or maybe 2 depending on final price. But, how are you going to handle re-shipping it?

And, if there were enough in the SF area to do a buy of our own... hint hint... nudge nudge.

I'm in the bay area... I'm very interested in the Akkerman bottle (and the ink too, of course!), but let me peruse colors on my computer (using mobile atm) and I'll get back to you.

I'll come up with something eventually.

Hey MCN, from the PM's, it looks like lovmac is handling all of the reshipping from the left coast.

Cheers, Ted

Ted is correct. I am in the Seattle metro area. I will re-mail the ink using USPS medium priority mail boxes.

Looking at the costs... Three bottles shipped directly from Akkermann would end up costing about $35-36 each with shipping and exchange rate (give or take). So, if there were anyone else in the SF Area wanting to do this and hand off the bottles at a Pen Posse, we could save the extra USPS shipping -- and reduce any hassles for lovmac a wee bit. BUT, we have to decide today since lovmac will be finalizing that order tomorrow.

And I'm thrilled to let lovmac handle it all and not have to bother. I think it's a grand thing for lovmac to volunteer for!!! Thank you!!

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Where are we on the issue of whether Akkerman ink is rebranded Diamine?

On one of the threads I believe they may have identified the ink source, Akkerman is an pen shop, not a manufacturer, so it would make sense to "brand" ink from an established ink maker.

I'm personally more enthralled with the bottles than the colors.

Cheers, Ted

I had not thought about breakage, do you happen to know if your broken bottle is somewhat of an isolated incident or whether many others who have ordered from Akkerman have received broken bottles?

I handled a group order to Australia, and I asked Akkerman about insurance - they said that they would replace any breakages, but that breakages were very rare. They do pack very well indeed! Why not just confirm this with them.

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

I'd be in for 1 or 2 bottles.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5514405001_f64efa85be_m.jpg "Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit." - Spartan Proverb

"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me". - Miles Davis

Free speech is expensive, so you might as well pay attention. - Geo. Clinton

I had not thought about breakage, do you happen to know if your broken bottle is somewhat of an isolated incident or whether many others who have ordered from Akkerman have received broken bottles?

I handled a group order to Australia, and I asked Akkerman about insurance - they said that they would replace any breakages, but that breakages were very rare. They do pack very well indeed! Why not just confirm this with them.

I don't have to confirm it with them. I have the broken bottle. And he will make it up on my next order which is great! But this packaging is not like Goulet's packaging.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't have to confirm it with them. I have the broken bottle. ...........

Yes, thanks, I know; you said. I was responding for someone else.

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

I'm good for at least 1 bottle. Maybe up to 3. Have to decide on what color(s). And since I'm in Seattle, can I save the reshipping costs??

Is this the general consensus? Are any of their inks "special" or are they just Ok inks in greak bottles? Has anyone tried to source empty bottles like these?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Is this the general consensus? Are any of their inks "special" or are they just Ok inks in greak bottles? Has anyone tried to source empty bottles like these?

Decent ink, sublime bottle.

Edited by framebaer

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

I am up for a bottle of Shocking Blue if you are willing to turn around and ship it to Canada. If not it's no problem.

Or perhaps there is enough Canadian interest to start our own group buy? (I can't organize it -- would like to, but I can't.)

What are the customs fees for 15 bottles of ink?

Edited by jjlax10

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

I'm good for at least 1 bottle. Maybe up to 3. Have to decide on what color(s). And since I'm in Seattle, can I save the reshipping costs??

Sure, you are welcome to come pick the ink up. PM me your details.

I have received payment for 13 bottles, so there is still room for two more. If you are on the fence or have been procrastinating, the time to PM me is now. :)

I have received a handful of PM's from people still interested in the Akkerman inks. The group order I coordinated was placed last Monday, however it seems to me that there is enough unmet demand for a second group order. Hopefully someone else will step up and volunteer to pull it together.

I am staying at my friends house this weekend. He has 5 bottles of it. But the hoops he had to jump through to get them were a bit much. I would go in on a group buy next time there was one.