The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Photos Of, Or List Of, The Different Colors.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2012 - 13:03

The Sheaffer Pen Museum NoNonsense/Guys 'n Dolls display case is up for adoption at their website; Sheaffer Pen Museum Museum Gift Shop

Wish that photo was bigger and clearer.

Yes, she is a sad little display case. She knows that there are better photographers out there but she's never been to one. All she knows is that no matter how dry her wood gets, she can't drink the water, it would only make her sicker.

But she also knows that there is hope, that through the kind generosity of people just like you one day she will get her portrait taken. For less than a dollar a day you can sponsor NoNonsense or another orphan that's in exactly the same situation. You will receive regular updates from your adopted display case as well as pictures of her and her friends.

Remember, for less than the price of a Starbucks Latte a day you can adopt one of the many display cases at the Sheaffer Pen Museum.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Sponsored Content

#42 jd50ae

jd50ae

http://www.chaeyahne.net

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2012 - 13:27

The Sheaffer Pen Museum NoNonsense/Guys 'n Dolls display case is up for adoption at their website; Sheaffer Pen Museum Museum Gift Shop

Wish that photo was bigger and clearer.

Yes, she is a sad little display case. She knows that there are better photographers out there but she's never been to one. All she knows is that no matter how dry her wood gets, she can't drink the water, it would only make her sicker.

But she also knows that there is hope, that through the kind generosity of people just like you one day she will get her portrait taken. For less than a dollar a day you can sponsor NoNonsense or another orphan that's in exactly the same situation. You will receive regular updates from your adopted display case as well as pictures of her and her friends.

Remember, for less than the price of a Starbucks Latte a day you can adopt one of the many display cases at the Sheaffer Pen Museum.

I don't drink Starbucks.

$250.00 will buy a lot of dog food. And as long as "people" abandon, abuse and generally miss-treat dogs we will take them in. Better I adopt the abandoned animals in this area then "adopt" a piece of wood. But, different strokes for different folks.

Anyway, you seem very passionate about the "sad little display case" and I wouldn't be surprised if you contributed, which would be a good thing.

Edited by jd50ae, 10 May 2012 - 19:13.

#43 2GreyCats

2GreyCats

Never met a Sheaffer I didn't like

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2012 - 13:53

I love OS No Nonsense pens. I collect them. Here's the colors I have, not including patterns/advertising models: avocado green, black with silver furniture (solid and smoke/demo), black with gold furniture, blue (solid, demo and marbled), brown, cherry, clear, cream, goldenrod, green (solid, demo, marbled and jelly), mint, grey, khaki, light blue (surfboard clip), navy, orange, pink (solid and jelly), purple (solid and demo), red (solid, demo and marbled), silver, stainless steel, teal, white, yellow (solid and jelly). In the premium model, I have the Old Timer, Le Bordeaux and Le Black (with case).

My grail? the black marbled. :puddle:

I have several doubles if anyone is looking to buy/swap.

Pam

I am DEFINITELY interested... I loved NoNonsense too. They write, first time, every time. I'd really like to replace the green marble one that my husband gave me when we were dating, and has since gotten lost (either the house ate it, or my MIL chucked it out). HOwever, I'm also really interested in almost any other color except lime or pink.
"What the space program needs is more English majors." -- Michael Collins, Gemini 10/Apollo 11

#44 Haribon

Haribon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2012 - 18:06

I am DEFINITELY interested... I loved NoNonsense too. They write, first time, every time. I'd really like to replace the green marble one that my husband gave me when we were dating, and has since gotten lost (either the house ate it, or my MIL chucked it out). HOwever, I'm also really interested in almost any other color except lime or pink.

Oh oh, I got me a competitor. :o

fpn_1434850097__cocursive.jpg

#45 jd50ae

jd50ae

• Member - Gold

• 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:48

Todd (you don't mind if I call you Todd?) at http://Iselpens.com has 4 colors with silver furniture and silver cap insert for $8.88 each.
Even at brake even that is cheaper then I could sell mine.
And at $0.75 for 3ml ink samples you can check out a lot of colors.
You won't find a better deal or better service.

Edited by jd50ae, 12 May 2012 - 12:52.

#46 jd50ae

jd50ae

• Member - Gold

• 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:36

Look what I found in the mail.

PIC08459.JPG

#47 Haribon

Haribon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2012 - 19:27

Look what I found in the mail.

PIC08459.JPG

The picture shows a solid black No-Nonsense with gold-plated furniture and nib. Either a solid black No-Nonsense Vintage or the No-Nonsense Le Black. If the top of the cap sports a gold-plated insert (medallion), it's the Vintage. If it's plain flat (no indentation), it's the Le Black.

My bet is the Le Black, since you're so excited about it. I assume it came in with that case/box. The Vintage is usually sold in blister packs. Le Black sold with a case. Le Black, right?

#48 Spitzner

Spitzner

Sondhead

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 19:33

Not Le Black. A Vintage NIP. :vbg:

Pam

#49 Haribon

Haribon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2012 - 21:28

Not Le Black. A Vintage NIP. :vbg:

Pam

I will agree with you on this since I know you both own a Vintage Solid Black and a Le Black.

#50 2GreyCats

2GreyCats

Never met a Sheaffer I didn't like

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2012 - 14:55

Not so much -- would you believe, I just FOUND the missing green marble one? Yay! Happy dance! :D After going through every drawer in the house, I suddenly saw it, where it had ended up BEHIND my keyboard tray UNDER the monitor stand. It must have fallen out the back of the keyboard tray and been under there for ages. :headsmack:

I still love NNs, though, and intend to acquire more of them in colors I never had back in grad school!
"What the space program needs is more English majors." -- Michael Collins, Gemini 10/Apollo 11

#51 Spitzner

Spitzner

Sondhead

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 23:42

Here is the Le Black, in its case. Try not to drool...

Pam

Attached Images

• Le Black.png

#52 Haribon

Haribon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:10

Here is the Le Black, in its case. Try not to drool...

Pam

Posted Image
Now, now... go to the post office, find out how much to ship it to me? I'll pay for the postage. :notworthy1:

#53 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 20:11

Hi,

Sure I have seen a post probably a couple of years back that listed lots more colours.
<snip>

Yep, here is the long-but-informative FPN thread about the Sheaffer NoNonsense colour range:
http://www.fountainp...nse-color-range

:D

Thanks for posting your photos, jd50ae! I saw the clear, colourless NN on eBay but didn't want to pay what the seller was asking ;)
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#54 jd50ae

jd50ae

• Member - Gold

• 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 00:22

Hi,

Sure I have seen a post probably a couple of years back that listed lots more colours.
<snip>

Yep, here is the long-but-informative FPN thread about the Sheaffer NoNonsense colour range:
http://www.fountainp...nse-color-range

:D

Thanks for posting your photos, jd50ae! I saw the clear, colourless NN on eBay but didn't want to pay what the seller was asking ;)

Thanks for finding the previous thread. Wish I had known about it. Oh well, more photos to "borrow" and add to the growing data.

#55 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 6,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 00:30

Thanks for finding the previous thread. Wish I had known about it. Oh well, more photos to "borrow" and add to the growing data.

You're welcome! The more the merrier! :D
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#56 jd50ae

jd50ae

• Member - Gold

• 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:54

Anyone who has a NN that they would like to sell or trade please contact me back channel.

#57 jd50ae

jd50ae

• Member - Gold

• 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 21:01

I already have one.......

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231f25635a

But I figured a heads up to those of you who want one was in order.
All STS (I think its STS) NoNonsense at a decent price.

#58 BillLS

BillLS

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:30

Here are my four NoNonsense pens. I saw two of them on other posts above, but the Stars & Stripes and the Soccer Balls I don't think I saw on anybody else's posts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bill Sexauer
PCA+++Logo+small.jpgBlk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpgCP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

#59 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 7,746 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 17:42

Oooo, like the Stars & Stripes!

#60 jd50ae

jd50ae

• Member - Gold

• 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 18:08

Oooo, like the Stars & Stripes!

Me too. First one I have seen. Me want :puddle:.

Sponsored Content

|