Photos Of, Or List Of, The Different Colors.

jd50ae

I love OS No Nonsense pens. I collect them. Here's the colors I have, not including patterns/advertising models: avocado green, black with silver furniture (solid and smoke/demo), black with gold furniture, blue (solid, demo and marbled), brown, cherry, clear, cream, goldenrod, green (solid, demo, marbled and jelly), mint, grey, khaki, light blue (surfboard clip), navy, orange, pink (solid and jelly), purple (solid and demo), red (solid, demo and marbled), silver, stainless steel, teal, white, yellow (solid and jelly). In the premium model, I have the Old Timer, Le Bordeaux and Le Black (with case).

My grail? the black marbled. :puddle:

I have several doubles if anyone is looking to buy/swap.

Pam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jd50ae

• Pincel

• 2GreyCats

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be interested in getting one of these pens. Can anyone tell me if they can take the converter or are they strictly cartridge? And are they nice writers?

I no longer own any fountain pens... Now they own me.

Both the older squeeze converter and the newer style piston converter fit in them. Great pens. I have a couple of the black, a purple, a blue, and a green. They are still available NOS from Teri at Peyton Street Pens and Todd at isellpens. Ernst, your old timer is probably the nicest No Nonsense I have ever seen.

I might be interested in getting one of these pens. Can anyone tell me if they can take the converter or are they strictly cartridge? And are they nice writers?

They take either a cartridge or converter.

I use one every day and people who like them really like them.

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

I love NoNonsense as well, I have the purple with silver trim.

I believe that Jd50ae swap and my other NoNonsense which I though was white are cream.

I saw lighter, really white NoNonsense pens in fountain pens/ballpoint sets, somewhere.

As a matter of fact, Pendemonium as one white fp NoNonsense on sale and I believe it is lighter than mine.

Pendemonium NoNonsense

I am not affiliated with Pendemonium, I would just love your opinion on the color.

By the way, Pendemonium also has a couple of new NoNonsense.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I love NoNonsense as well, I have the purple with silver trim.

I believe that Jd50ae swap and my other NoNonsense which I though was white are cream.

I saw lighter, really white NoNonsense pens in fountain pens/ballpoint sets, somewhere.

As a matter of fact, Pendemonium as one white fp NoNonsense on sale and I believe it is lighter than mine.

Pendemonium NoNonsense

I am not affiliated with Pendemonium, I would just love your opinion on the color.

By the way, Pendemonium also has a couple of new NoNonsense.

The pen in my photo is white. It probably comes across a little dark because it is a photo.

My personal opinion is that any NoNonsense in a common color should not cost more then $15, depending on condition.

I just put in an order with Isellpens for 3 pens for less then $30.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

There is someone with a number of these listed on eBay, for $25 - $30 for the cartridge pens! One of them is translucent red, and another is a pale blue (true, not a common color)... That's crazy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sheaffer-No-Nonsense-Cartridge-Fill-Pen-working-red-/270348402825?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ef2054089

Sigh... I had one of the marbled green ones, made for Levenger, in fact -- that was a gift from my husband. They put out a 'holiday' themed set with a red-marble NN, a green-marble NN, and a bottle each of Levengers green and red ink. I have since lost the green-marble one. I'm really trying to find another to replace it...

Rhonda in Denver

The pen in my photo is white. It probably comes across a little dark because it is a photo.

My personal opinion is that any NoNonsense in a common color should not cost more then $15, depending on condition.

I just put in an order with Isellpens for 3 pens for less then $30.

"What the space program needs is more English majors." -- Michael Collins, Gemini 10/Apollo 11

My grail? the black marbled. :puddle:

Pam

Oh great. Another one I didn't know existed.

Edited by jd50ae

The same seller has two of the Vintage series, green marble and blue marble, for $69 each, and someone else has a Vintage for $100. Unbelievable? Depressing.

"What the space program needs is more English majors." -- Michael Collins, Gemini 10/Apollo 11

The same seller has two of the Vintage series, green marble and blue marble, for $69 each, and someone else has a Vintage for $100. Unbelievable? Depressing.

I really like the marbling pattern of the $100 one! I have seen many where you could hardly see the effect and some border to almost solid color. Nah, never going to buy that one at that outrageous price. I already have a similar "Gorgeous ...Nononsense Vintage Jade Marble," which I bought for $12. Even more depressing, the $100 "gorgeous" doesn't even include a converter, only an almost empty cartridge!

Ben R.

fpn_1434850097__cocursive.jpg

(I really like the marbling pattern of the $100 one! I have seen many where you could hardly see the effect and some border to almost solid color. Nah, never going to buy that one at that outrageous price. I already have a similar "Gorgeous ...Nononsense Vintage Jade Marble," which I bought for $12. Even more depressing, the $100 "gorgeous" doesn't even include a converter, only an almost empty cartridge!

Ben R.)

Agreed.

But, about the seller with the "gorgeous" green marbled NoNonsense.

I contacted him about the price, and his answer was that is what they are being sold for in his country.

Believable, because his country's economy has tanked and they are re-building.

Like you I had just bought the same pen for $15.

Edited by jd50ae

I contacted him about the price, and his answer was that is what they are being sold for in his country.

Now, let's count our "Vintage" marbles...

On No-Nonsense Vintage, Jim (PenHero)says, "Same as the NoNonsense, but upscale, with gold plated hardware and a gold plated cap top insert. Later versions have nicely marbled plastics, making a very attractive pens." Earlier ones are not marbled? The only non-marbled Vintage I know is the solid black one (not to be confused with the Le Black, which is really a black Le Bordeaux sans the gold ring between the nib section and the barrel). There are three known marble Vintages: Green Marble, Red Marble and the Blue Marble. I don't know of any color other than those three. Pam (Spitzner) says somewhere above in this thread that her grail pen is the "marble black." No known sighting, photograph. It doesn't exist, unless proven otherwise later on.

Ben R

Now, let's count our "Vintage" marbles...

On No-Nonsense Vintage, Jim (PenHero)says, "Same as the NoNonsense, but upscale, with gold plated hardware and a gold plated cap top insert. Later versions have nicely marbled plastics, making a very attractive pens." Earlier ones are not marbled? The only non-marbled Vintage I know is the solid black one (not to be confused with the Le Black, which is really a black Le Bordeaux sans the gold ring between the nib section and the barrel). There are three known marble Vintages: Green Marble, Red Marble and the Blue Marble. I don't know of any color other than those three. Pam (Spitzner) says somewhere above in this thread that her grail pen is the "marble black." No known sighting, photograph. It doesn't exist, unless proven otherwise later on.

Ben R

I have a black with gold furniture, no marbling, on order.

There is one listed on eBay also.

I also have the Red and Green and Blue Marble and like you said, I have never seen a Black Marble.

Also in my collection are a Blue, Green, Red and Purple with silver furniture and a silver cap, not marbled.

Are these the earlier versions of "Vintage"?

Probably.

This is an interesting collection to try and fill.

PenHero seems to be the only source of any information at all.

Even the "common(?)" colors are hard to list with a new color showing up every once in a while.

Also in my collection are a Blue, Green, Red and Purple with silver furniture and a silver cap, not marbled.

Are these the earlier versions of "Vintage"?

Probably.

This is an interesting collection to try and fill.

PenHero seems to be the only source of any information at all.

Even the "common(?)" colors are hard to list with a new color showing up every once in a while.

I think they're just earlier than, not earlier versions of the Vintage, since they don't have gold plated trims and nibs. I've not seen any of those "earlier" version. Hope someone could come up with pictures to confirm their existence. The only ones closest to fit the description of the Vintage are the Guys & Dolls (technically not non-nonsense, which is sensible to say). The Guys, in particular almost look like the solid Black Vintage in different solid colors. They even sport the White Dot, a characteristic of many Sheaffers of old. When I first saw them, I thought they were the non-marble early version of the Vintage. For me, there are only four Vintages, viz. Solid Black and the three Marbles (Red, Green & Blue). Are the "earlier" and the black marble just conjectures?

Please Mr Jim Mamoulides enlighten us all!

Ben R

OK, this will be my last entry on the subject until the Doctor says I can be released.

So far I have seen, been told or encountered the following. And I am only seeking the wide band version.

Original

Gemstones

Jellies

Opaque

Transparent

Vintage Old

Vintage New

Vintage Marbled

Vintage Gold Furniture and Cap Insert

Vintage Silver Furniture and cap Insert

Old Timer

Stainless

Stainless with Black Cap Insert

Transparent

Solid

Opaque

Kaleidoscope

And there is both a white and a cream.

Edited by jd50ae

• 2 weeks later...