21 replies to this topic

#21 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

Generally, sleepy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:57

You know you're really serious about pens when a nib makes the sale.

Hah! Well, I"m not sure I'm *totally* in that deep yet, but Esterbrooks are a different thing: with all those nib variations combined with how drop dead easy it is to swap them, it seems foolish to pass by a really neat nib just because the particular color pen wasn't my fave. To be honest? I don't have any multiples of identical pens in the Esterbrooks, or any other pen - EXCEPT I somehow ended up with three green transitional J's! It is really nuts.

I'll have a couple of nice green J trans on sale on FPN in a couple weeks. For not a lot. I'm not a hoarder...
"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

#22 teenytina

teenytina

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 22:42

I ran across this post moments after having completed a transaction for an Estie with a 9128 nib from Ros7261. Really pleasant deal and really pleasant seller - in some respects he went the extra mile to make it happen. I'm really happy with him and would recommend him (them? Jim and Sharon) to anyone. Good peoples.
----
Oh, pens, all of you are my favorite! TWSBI, Jinhao, Montblanc, Waterman, Danish Penol De Luxe flexy pen, Cross, -- I can't choose between you! That would just be wrong.
---

[Sponsored Content]