The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button.   I accept the use of cookies

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 JonSzanto

Generally, sleepy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:57

You know you're really serious about pens when a nib makes the sale.

Hah! Well, I"m not sure I'm *totally* in that deep yet, but Esterbrooks are a different thing: with all those nib variations combined with how drop dead easy it is to swap them, it seems foolish to pass by a really neat nib just because the particular color pen wasn't my fave. To be honest? I don't have any multiples of identical pens in the Esterbrooks, or any other pen - EXCEPT I somehow ended up with three green transitional J's! It is really nuts.

I'll have a couple of nice green J trans on sale on FPN in a couple weeks. For not a lot. I'm not a hoarder...
"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Content

#22 teenytina

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 22:42

I ran across this post moments after having completed a transaction for an Estie with a 9128 nib from Ros7261. Really pleasant deal and really pleasant seller - in some respects he went the extra mile to make it happen. I'm really happy with him and would recommend him (them? Jim and Sharon) to anyone. Good peoples.
Oh, pens, all of you are my favorite! TWSBI, Jinhao, Montblanc, Waterman, Danish Penol De Luxe flexy pen, Cross, -- I can't choose between you! That would just be wrong.

Sponsored Content