What Indian Pens Are You Using Today?

VillersCotterets

My Ranga Model 2, and a Serwex 962 piston-filler I got from Fountain Pen Revolution (Who I just received a bulk order of ink from, one bottle of every colour they stock!). I love the Indian piston-fillers - more convenient to fill than an eyedropper, and incredibly inexpensive for the quality of the pens. I think, with the complimentary Serwex 1362 I got with the ink, I have one of every or almost every piston-filler they stock.

http://i.imgur.com/Rv374.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Ranga Model 2, and a Serwex 962 piston-filler I got from Fountain Pen Revolution (Who I just received a bulk order of ink from, one bottle of every colour they stock!). I love the Indian piston-fillers - more convenient to fill than an eyedropper, and incredibly inexpensive for the quality of the pens. I think, with the complimentary Serwex 1362 I got with the ink, I have one of every or almost every piston-filler they stock.

http://i.imgur.com/Rv374.jpg

that is a very very unique and beautiful pen. tell us a little more about it, pls.

rgds.

krishna.

ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

that is a very very unique and beautiful pen. tell us a little more about it, pls.

rgds.

krishna.

That's my Ranga Model 2 in mottled green ebonite, with the stock Fellowship nib, as made by M S Pandurangan. I made a brief thread about it, with some more pictures, here.

Hope that helps!

I have a Wality that I tried as a dip pen before filling with ink. I never did put any ink in it and I have tried to sell it several times. I hate fine nibs, and the nib on the Wality could easily be used for an IV. It's a piston filler, It also has the "Wality" brand engraved in the side of the pen with a contrasting color. I do not like the pen at all, and will probably end up either giving it away or throwing it in the trash.

This week I'm using a Wilson (based on a Parker vacumatic) but converted to an eyedropper, with a fine nib and inked with Perle Noire. A nice small pen but holds about 2mls of ink. I've always liked small eyedroppers...

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

Deccan Masterpiece in the rough black finish (like the photo in post #9) filled with a bunch of Bad Belted Kingfisher. Nib was worked on by "Mike-it Work" Masuyama and this is one really nice pen...

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

This week I'm using a Wilson (based on a Parker vacumatic)

Interesting. Do you have a photo or a source (vendor)?

i have a wality 69T with a black cap.

i also have two ebonite Schreiber pens... do these count as Indian pens? i heard or read somewhere they were made here in the states...

edited: i forgot about my two red and blue wality's 77d!!! awesome little pens!!

Edited by lovemy51

I have a Wality/Airmail 71J, Serwex 1362, and Deccan Regal on the way. They will be my first true Indian pens. My anticipation is quite keen.

I found this : http://munsonpens.wo...on-pen-company/

Wilson vs Parker

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/wilson/DSC_0013copy.jpg

Edited by VillersCotterets

I don't have any Indian pens yet, but I'm planning that my next pen purchase will be a Varuna coloured acrylic, hopefully this one-

(photo 'borrowed' from Andy's Pens website)

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Leader%20Celluloid/IMG_2678.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Leader%20Celluloid/IMG_2679.jpg

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

:puddle: Wow, the green Parker Brahman pen is gorgeous.

Is it a piston filler or an eyedropper?

That is a BRAHMAM pen. The red one is a squeeze filler, the Green one is ED filled.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

That is a BRAHMAM pen. The red one is a squeeze filler, the Green one is ED filled.

Best

Hari

Beautiful pens. I seem to remember reading something you wrote about purchasing these pens from the Deccan shop. Are they vintage or still in production?

Beautiful pens. I seem to remember reading something you wrote about purchasing these pens from the Deccan shop. Are they vintage or still in production?

Some came to me from the Deccan pen stores, several others from small independent shops in other cities. Brahmam/Leader as a pen maker is now extinct. However, Deccan, I believe, has a huge stockpile of these pens which they sell after removing small numbers from storage. I have been unable to unearth definite leads/information about the maker of the Leader/Brahmam pens, whatever I and Jai (Shrujaya) could gather, we have shared here.

Best

Hari

Currenly the only pen I have that is inked that is known to be made in India is a Serwex pen. Not sure of the model, it looks very similar to the 1362, but it marked a little different. It was a free with order pen from fountain pen revolution. I played with a Wality 69 and a Chelpark Moti, but didn't ink them. I just placed an order for a Ranga Model 4 and I have a Deccan Ambassador coming as well.

My thoughts are as scattered as the frozen winds of November swept across the harvested fields of my mind. ~ Justin - damaging things since 1973

I found this : http://munsonpens.wo...on-pen-company/

Wilson vs Parker

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/wilson/DSC_0013copy.jpg

Yep thats the model. But mine is blue. The blind cap on mine is sealed and is now filled as an eyedropper. Its a really reliable pen and one I'll never part with.

My apologies for no pics. I have to get round to getting a decent digital camera in order to post on the forum. :embarrassed_smile:

Thanks to VillersCotterets.

Floyd

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

• 2 weeks later...