• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• impossiblebird

• Uncle Red

• Patrician

• zuhandensein

"Hopefully the piston-version Sport will be developed in 3 years or so. The retail price will depend on which type of injection molding machine we invest in for this product line. The molds are quite costly to make. My initial estimate is that the retail price will be at least triple of that now."

3 years at aprox., triple price.

I would definitely be interested in one of these. I hope it comes out sooner though.

The Pen Is Mightier than the sword.

That'd be about $75usd, only the Pelikan M150 is in that price range. I'd buy a Kaweco piston filler and I have an M150.

That'd be about $75usd, only the Pelikan M150 is in that price range. I'd buy a Kaweco piston filler and I have an M150.

Twsbi Diamond 540 is also in that price range, currently cheaper then 75$.

Have fist, will travel

My deviantArt page

i am very impressed with the performance of my 2 K Sport's i own. i can't say i care much for the piston -since i change ink colors very quickly, a piston filler is not a big deal to me- , but it is a much better choice than just using carts. even if the price diff will be very high, put me down for one!!

I'm more than satisfied with my Sport Ice. It holds a tankard's worth as an eyedropper filler.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Twsbi Diamond 540 is also in that price range, currently cheaper then 75$.

D'OH! :headsmack: I even had my TWSBI on my desk at the time I wrote that. Still, little competition and I'd get a Kaweco piston filler.

• 4 weeks later...

What I want them to do is issue a converter that fits the Al Sport :crybaby:

Monteverde has a mini converter that fits the Kaweco Sport line I have on e in mine they are only about $5 on amazon

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Multa ante mortem ni moritur,

Fortes numquam mors semel

- William Shakespeare

Monteverde has a mini converter that fits the Kaweco Sport line I have on e in mine they are only about $5 on amazon

i don't know about your converter, but in mine the mouth fits, but not the shaft (don't know how to call it). it has to be partially filled to fit the whole converter inside the barrel. unless you have a press bar conv (like the aerometrics).

I think this is just a ploy to create an artificial demand for a pen by not making a converter for it. I call conspiracy. 911 was a lie. I have black helicopters following me. I think the government is bugging my pens so they can hear my private conversations.

I have a few of the miniconverters marketed for Monteverde/Regal mini pens; they are fine for the Sport (with a bit of silicone grease to aid the seal), but not for the Al Sport. The feed nipple of the Al Sport doesn't sit as deeply into the section as that of the plastic Sports, and I think it's a smidgen smaller, as I can't get the converter to seal satisfactorily, and cartridges are a slightly looser fit in the Al Sport, so they're not good for as many refills ... and eyedropper fill isn't an option. The short international/generic aerometric converters don't fit, either.

The only converter I've found to fit the Al Sport nipple snugly is the Kaweco converter ... but of course it's the wrong length. I don't know whether Kaweco cartidges are slightly different in size to international mini carts; if so, then conversion of one of these might be the answer ... I think that a snug fit on the nipple becomes more important with a converter than with a cartidge, because of the way the pen is handled while filling.

• 4 weeks later...

The Monteverde mini converter fits. I haveone in my demo Sport right now.

I have a piston Kaweco Sport (V13) and I just love it. If the new model is as good, then they'll have best seller in their hands (and so will we).

I think this is just a ploy to create an artificial demand for a pen by not making a converter for it. I call conspiracy. 911 was a lie. I have black helicopters following me. I think the government is bugging my pens so they can hear my private conversations.

And all your pens have the little spy cameras in them, right? :roflmho:

Such things exist, i think I saw them someplace like the Sharper Image website, but sadly they're not FPs. Or maybe not sadly, because then I'd want one.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'd love a piston fill sport. I really dig the form factor, but don't use mine that much because I hate dealing with cartridges, and never converted to ink dropper, for the same reason.

I've tried converters, but most didn't tend to work out well. Most held too little ink, even after modifying them, and I would have problems with the converters coming loose, leaking the ink into the pen (never had that with cartridges though).

• 2 months later...

I'd love a piston fill sport. I really dig the form factor, but don't use mine that much because I hate dealing with cartridges, and never converted to ink dropper, for the same reason.

I've tried converters, but most didn't tend to work out well. Most held too little ink, even after modifying them, and I would have problems with the converters coming loose, leaking the ink into the pen (never had that with cartridges though).

You might buy a vintage one. They once were piston-fillers.