The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M605 And Montblanc 145 Comparision

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Draless

Draless

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 16:22

I was using my Iphone, don't currently have my camera on me, so sorry for the poor picture quality and lighting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 MyNoblePen

MyNoblePen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:18

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading the handwriting vs. computer text. :thumbup:

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:12

Thanks for this comparison review. I have both these pens in my collection. It is interesting to note the excellent nib engraving job that MB has done on that little 145 nib of theirs. Side by side with the M600's nib, the engraving quality difference is glaring.

Best
Hari
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#4 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:19

Thanks for the nice review. They both seem like good writers and I'm sure will last your lifetime. The MB must be small since nibs on the M600 and M400 are interchangeable. No big deal, the nib on my MB 100 years pen is small and writes wonderfully.

Hari, I don't see a difference in quality in how the nibs are stamped or finished. Never have, unless we are talking MB Writer's Edition nibs. The MB is smaller, and has finer lines, but one does not seem to be higher quality than the other.

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 13:24

Hari, I don't see a difference in quality in how the nibs are stamped or finished. Never have, unless we are talking MB Writer's Edition nibs. The MB is smaller, and has finer lines, but one does not seem to be higher quality than the other.

I had never noticed them (the diffrence) either with naked eyes, but the picture in the review:

Posted Image

The engraving/stamping looks deeper, more crisp and well defined on the MB. but YMMV.

Best
Hari
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#6 terminal

terminal

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 14:29

THis is a wonderful review, I really enjoyed it.

And, to my eye, I prefer the line of the Pelikan. I don't know the name of the person who customized the nib for you... where did you buy it?
"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

#7 Draless

Draless

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 16:19

I'm glad you all enjoyed it! Its a pleasure writing with both pens

I had never noticed them (the diffrence) either with naked eyes, but the picture in the review:

The engraving/stamping looks deeper, more crisp and well defined on the MB. but YMMV.

Best
Hari

Its true, there is a big difference in what seems to be the 'quality' of the imprint on both nibs. In my opinion, the MB has much crisper and refined details.

THis is a wonderful review, I really enjoyed it.

And, to my eye, I prefer the line of the Pelikan. I don't know the name of the person who customized the nib for you... where did you buy it?

Thats why I didn't want to compare the nibs - albiet both write beautifully. My MB is a stock F nib where as the Pelikan is a stub italic .6mm. The pen came from nibs.com (no affiliation) and John Mottishaw customized the nib out of the box.

#8 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 17:23

nice review!
thanks!
Cogito ergo sum

#9 zoli

zoli

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 19:20

I love this review of two very good pens.

The custom nib is nicer to me but that's very subjective, naturally.

Sponsored Content

|