Northern Pen Show - Lytham Uk - Anyone Going?

ianpw

Very disappointed that I won't be able to make the Show this year. My dad being in hospital has jinxed any plans I had for this year.

Not long to go now, so hope everyone has a good time.

We'll miss you Carrie. I hope that your dad improves soon and gets settled in.

Ian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpw

• grandmia

• Beechwood

• eckiethump

Only three days to go and counting!thumbup.gif

As usual I'm way behind on getting my stuff organised for it, but today my five year old grandson - Archie, decided to help me, needless to say that although it was a lot of fun I am now even further behind!mellow.gif

I'm really excited- and nervous - about this show, its the first time that Jeremy and I have organised it, and its the biggest Northern show yet!

The Northern has always been a special show for me, it was the first show that Ann and I ever attended as visitors, it was also the first show that I bought a pen at (A Sheaffer Legacy with a Richard Binder nib, bought from Sarj.)

Even when I was on the organising team of the London Writing Equipment Show and then later organising our own UK Pen Show events the Northern was still my favourite show. Now I feel a bit like Victor Kiam of Remington Razor fame (you have to be of a certain age to understand what I'm talking about) who participated in his own t.v. commercials stating something like "I loved the razor so much, I bought the company" . With me its "I loved the Northern so much that we bought the show"!

So, looking forward to seeing old friends, making new friends and chattiing to fellow pen freaks and seeing Jack of course!

As usual at UK Pen Show events FPN identifier badges will be available at the entry table so that we can all spot fellow FPNers - don't be shy - say hello to each other! I'll be wearing a UK Pen Shows organiser badge but you can find me on the Cathedral Pens table.

One final thing, please support the raffle that we are holding, this is for Cerebral Palsy which is the charity that Alan & Brenda Lloyd has supported for years.

Finally, one final thing embarrassed_smile.gif Please say hello to Ann she will be manning (or womanning?) the entry table as you come in.

SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY!

Ian

First pen show. Can't wait.

It was my first show as well (many years ago!), its great, you'll enjoy it, loads of nice people and loads and loads of penscloud9.gif.

Stop by my table (Cathedral Pens) and say hi.

Ian

Only a couple of days now,and ive still not made a list of what i need.Maybe someone can remind me when i get there !

I need one of them.

A clip for that.

A nib and section for one of them.

A converter for this.

A piston seal for one of them whatdoyoucallits.

Oh and one of them for this.

Some of that copper foil stuff for nib tinkering.

And some of that stuff for when you do that thingy to the thingamabobs.

Apart from that im sure we,ll all have a good craic with lots of banter and loads and loads of pens to enjoy.

See you all there.

And some of that stuff for when you do that thingy to the thingamabobs.

I keep a fairly good stock of this, will try to remember and bring someroflmho.gif If you ask Jack he'll know what you are talking about thumbup.gif

See you all Sunday.

Eric (and Jack)

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

I have instructions from Bev Rees that I must introduce myself to Ian ('he's such a gentleman')so I will certainly stop by your table and say hallo.

Nancy

I have instructions from Bev Rees that I must introduce myself to Ian ('he's such a gentleman')so I will certainly stop by your table and say hallo.

Nancy

Looking forward to meeting you Nancy. Any friend of Bevs is a friend of mine.

Ian

Oh go on then, I'll pop over :cloud9:

I should think so too Mr. Gaston, looking forward to catching up with you once again Mark.

I took a little bump to my head this morning ... :unsure:

Can someone tell me when the show is ?

And what the show is for ?

Its or having FUN, FUN and even more FUN!!!!!thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Ian

Its or having FUN, FUN and even more FUN!!!!!thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Ian

Absolutly...Cant wait......

Nice Job, Ian, great day out

I had a good time too. Saw new and old faces and spent too much. :thumbup:

I went to Lytham for my 1st ever pen show and I enjoyed it. However I am now regretting not buying a Sentinal pen from Worcester pens....Aaargh!! Is going to be a long night kicking myself I think.

The weather looked threatening at one point but turned out nice, as you can see. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8004/7103219297_e893d0a244_b.jpg

The Windmill is on the front near the show location.

Great day and a great show.Had a good chat with freinds new and old.Plus pens,pens and more pens!

Were we like ships in the night ? Did we meet,did we chat?

Photos to follow.