Twsbi 540 Amber

PinarelloOnly

TWSBI should use your photographic skills! Those are the best Diamond 540-530 pics I've ever seen!! :notworthy1:

Edited by fabrimedeiros

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PinarelloOnly

• tdeecy

• Scylax

• nottmbantam

Really nice pics, I'm always envious of the great photos people post on here, as they show off their pens in such a fantastic manner, well done indeed.

I've just ordered a TWSBI 540 , clear with EF nib . Can't believe the price, seems amazing value. Can't wait to get it, will add it to the rapidly increasing collection . Using a MB 146 and a Pelikan M805, have bought a couple of Parker 51s and the TWSBI will sit alongside those for daily usage.

Cheers.

I always love your photos!

I also have an Amber TWSBI and really love it. It's one of my favorites.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

How can anyone look at these photos and NOT want to order a TWSBI as soon as possible? notworthy1.gif

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Great photos. Thanks for sharing them. I've never shared any photos since the lighting I've come up with so far is horrible. Any tricks you can share?

When you have pen and ink, every problem needs a piece of paper.

interesting colors. Thanks for the review.

not sure if I would buy the amber version though, it looks kind of garish...

http://i.imgur.com/EZMTw.gif "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -Aldous Huxley

Parker 45 F, Lamy Safari EF, Lamy 2000 F, TWSBI Diamond 530 F, Reform 1745 F, Hero 616 F, Pilot Varsity F, Pilot 78g F,

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon, folks. In looking for a lesser-priced-but-still-high-quality pen to add to my collection, I came across this thread. This is a great review, and I thought that it deserved to be bumped again due to the quality photos of the TWSBI 540's. I particularly like the shot showing each of the 540's. And, like a prior poster noted, it inspired me to give one of these lovely pens a shot.

Great work! And thanks for fueling the addiction...

Please see my current classifieds!

Looking for a Cross Century 2000 RB and/or FP in Chrome: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/43765-wtb-cross-century-2000-rollerball-andor-fp-in-chrome/

You really take great pics and tell a great pen story. Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

Love my 540 and ROC but the EF is a wee too fine for my tastes. Great photos, especially the last two. Thanks for sharing.

I totally agree with you since I love wet writers. It was a mistake when I ordered my ROC with an XF nib, now I have to get a B so a can be able to evaluate this pen in another perspective.

Emilio Villegas

Love my 540 and ROC but the EF is a wee too fine for my tastes. Great photos, especially the last two. Thanks for sharing.

I totally agree with you since I love wet writers. It was a mistake when I ordered my ROC with an XF nib, now I have to get a B so a can be able to evaluate this pen in another perspective.

Since linking is frowned upon, type this in on YouTube: "TWSBI line width Ink flow adjustment"

A dry writing pen is dependent on ink used more than anything, some pens not only a TWSBI can write dry with some inks and should not be a reflection on the overall performance of the pen.

• 2 months later...

Got a smoke version of this, I really don't like it very much, its plasticity and with the M nib. gives me a line I really don't like, as the nibs are £14 here, maybe I will try it with a B , for £49 in the uk (76USD) I was hoping for a bit more.

Hope I didn't spoil your day :)

• 2 months later...

> I love Amber/Orange demos and when this pen was announced I could not wait for it to join my other two 540's.

I just ordered an orange one, it being Oct and all.

What's with these pens? Either they are flying off the shelves due to everyone trying to buy them or China is not shipping them. Most online sellers seem to be out or mostly out of this model. I've heard great things about them, but I wanted one primarily for the calli nibs. I ordered an amber broad and a 1.1 mm nib. Only one online seller could I find with both in stock, so I ordered immediately. One well known seller only has one color/nib 540 left!

I looked at a bunch of the youtube 540 videos. Most were useless. The one about opening the nib flow.... what the heck was that pair of pliers? I've been around a jillion hand tools in my lifetime and have NEVER seen a pair of whatever those were.

Can anyone recommend a good orange ink? Seems appropriate and that's one color I don't have yet. Wait..... isn't orange yellow + red? I have those. I see some Halloween mad scientist ink sample hijinks pen-ding! ;)

nulla dies sine linea

Lovely review with beautiful pictures. Makes my photos with the iphone look miserable.

But I do think you should fill this color pen with Iroshizuku Yu-Yake :thumbup:

I love my Amber 540 M nib with Walnut ink! In fact, I bought the ink while the pen was enroute - I think brown is the perfect ink for this pen!

P.S. - Love your photos!

Edited by penultress

P.S. - Love your photos!

Thank you.....and just wait, I have a new Pilot Heritage 92 on the way right now.

My cameras are ready to go !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...