The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Seiboku

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 XiaoMG

XiaoMG

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:53

I have a bit of a strained relationship with many of my fountain pen inks. My Iroshizuku inks aren't as durable as I'd like, though they are quite pretty. My Sailor Kiwaguro is a very good black, though it can smear for some time after it's dried, and it doesn't always look as dark as some of the other blacks.

There's one ink that I have though that has always performed admirably and looks just downright fascinating to me, and that's Sailor's Seiboku. I wouldn't call this a blue-black at all, except perhaps from a broad nib. However, I think it looks very interesting from a fine or fine-medium nib with lots of character and a fun sheen effect. It dries relatively quickly, does not smear after drying, and is completely waterproof. I didn't want to post these pictures in the reviews forum as they're not really a review, but I'd like to let more people get a look at this ink, since it's expensive enough in some places to discourage buying, and these "nano" inks and their moderate demands on pen hygiene can be a bit of a turn-off for some as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For the record, the paper is a Taiwanese brand called ipaper. I find that the paper is sometimes a bit toothier than I prefer, but it does a pretty good job of showing off ink qualities.

Edited by XiaoMG, 17 March 2012 - 04:11.

Robert.

Sponsored Content

#2 Anne S. Gray

Anne S. Gray

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:51

Wow! Looks like a gorgeous ink with some nice shading.
Anne Gray

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:04

Thank you

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#4 Essensia

Essensia

In it for the ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:19

One of my very favorite inks. Thank you for showcasing it! :thumbup:

#5 XiaoMG

XiaoMG

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2012 - 16:41

One ink that I noticed looked slightly similar was the blue Uniball Eye Micro. The color is noticeably more blue and less green than Seiboku, and perhaps the shading effect isn't quite as dramatic, but it behaves pretty similarly and offers a bit of sheen as well. Before I only looked at the black Uniball Eye and wasn't that excited about it, but the blue is intriguing.

The Signo series doesn't offer much in the way of shading at all, but the Eye Micro can do a pretty nice job on my ipaper and some other notebooks. I love living in an area where I can test out all the roller, gel, and ballpoint pens I want right in the store before I buy.
Robert.

#6 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:26

Very interesting. The purple sheen in the second picture reminds me of the iridescence of ballpoint ink.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

#7 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2012 - 17:03

You get that in a few blues, Pilot Blue does it. PR Ebony Green sheens a lot.

Sponsored Content

|