The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

"parker" 51 In Sheaffer Blue Plastic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 falarcon

falarcon

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2012 - 18:02

After a long while of watching these pens offered by Bob Novak, (www.nycpens.com) and since he was down to the last of 14 made, I decided to take the plunge and order the last one.

Posted Image

I have always been very fond of the Sheaffer 3-25 balance pens in blue, blue and white. The Parker 51 is a Vacumatic model made by Lynn Sorgatz. The finish on the pen is of great quality, the pen uses Parker 51 original parts but looks and feels like a real Parker 51. Filling is a Vacumatic with plastic pump, and works as expected on a Vacumatic.
The feed seemed originally to not be aligned and the pen would skip after a line or so. A quick call to Bob, and he had the pen fixed by Brad Torelli. Now it works like a charm!

Posted Image

The Pen is sold without a cap, but Bob offers a wide selection of Parker 51 caps, some made by Brad Torelli and some made by Ariel Kullock. I decided on a Kullock cap that was unusual and I felt complemented the plastic. Working with Bob was great, he was willing to photograph the different available caps for me to select.

Posted Image

I am delighted with the pen and had a great experience with the seller.
Finally a picture of the Vacumatic with an original Sheaffer set that allows to compare the plastic and the two very different looking pens.

Posted Image

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2012 - 18:54

That looks great, what nib did you get?

#3 falarcon

falarcon

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2012 - 19:21

Its a medium fine nib.
In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

#4 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2012 - 22:41

The colors on your pen are really stunning! A very beautiful pen and a great eyecatcher too, congratulations.

#5 daynix

daynix

Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 20:50

Yes - that is a great material and a really nice cap. :thumbup:
Dayne

Sponsored Content

|