Engeika Online Shop Customer Service

dan in montreal

Good experiences here... I've bought several fountain pens. Each came with a thank you note and one had a small free gift.

On one NOS MYU 701 purchase there were some pretty substantial scratches that didn't appear in the photo or description. I contacted the seller, got a prompt response (given that Japan is about a 12 hour time difference). I complained that NOS didn't mean "used" to me and that a used, cosmetically imperfect pen was useful to me but not at the price I'd bid. Basically, I was asked what adjustment I thought was fair. I proposed a price reduction that I would be satisfied with and my proposal was immediately accepted. I got the partial refund within 24 hours along with an apology note.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colex

• terminal

• hari317

• nicholasyeo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you tried using the "ask a question" on the item page?

I get better luck getting a response that way.

For me, good prices, good items, but the service has gone down from last year

I purchased a pen on 16 September on their website.

I did not hear from them and the payment had been gone through already.

I wrote two messages and two emails to them and no responses so far.

They said the delivery will be with EMS Japan so if I did not receive any thing this week I will drop a dispute form to paypal. Hopefully I don't need to do that.

Is there any other way I can contact this seller and they will respond?

Thanks.

Same here.

When I made a query using their direct email address, I got no response. When I; however, used the email contact form in their web site, I got a quick response.

Apart from this, their delivery is OK.

I only have two pens - an Aurora Optima and others.

I saw this today and thought I had to just put in my little bit. The last pen I bought from engeika arrived ... yesterday. I have bought a number of items from him and have always been treated well, and goods arrived promptly.

I'm not trying to convince people they are wrong, just giving my experience. Of my 4 purchases, all 4 went extremely smooth and I am very happy. Sure, some of his staff might have screwed up with some people, and that would have upset me too. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe the people with problems have been unlucky.

Of course I will buy from him again. With a 99.6% rating I am more than willing to trust him with my money ... until proven wrong ;)

I have only purchased one pen, so it's not really a good 'sample' but, I ordered on the Thursday at 6pm and it was here the following Wednesday....I've had some take longer than that that I ordered in the UK :rolleyes:

Total cost of the transaction was $10 (including postage) I tend to think that care taken over a small purchase is usually a good sign. Of course... YMMV

I would be happy to place further orders...until I am proven wrong obviously.

Of course, as already mentioned, the true test of customer service is when something goes wrong, and how things are handled from there.

Of course, as already mentioned, the true test of customer service is when something goes wrong, and how things are handled from there.

Absolutely. Although I have good experiences of good deals from Taizo-san, I've not yet had anything go wrong (three pens so far).

Another of the japanese pen sellers was however quite rude when I got a pen in less than perfect condition. Due to the distance and the language barriers I did not insist on returning the pen, instead I sent it to a more local pro who made it into a very good writer. :)

I would have to say, before you do any bidding/buying on eBay, with any seller, check to see what their current general policies are as these do change and if you think that something isn't right, you may simply have overlooked what is current normal practice by the seller. In case of Engeika, current practice is to ship within 7 days and EMS tracking number is sent when notification of shipping sent to the buyer (sometimes they forget, but no big deal to send a question via eBay to get it).

I've had countless deals with Taizo-san and all have been good experiences.

"Have fountain pen, will travel."

I am in India, I haven't purchased from engelka directly but from Wancher pens via Rahul/Raul. Earlier, his communication had been very good and the prices offered were very competitive also. But recently, he shipped me a pen of the wrong colour. When informed, Raul said he was sorry and would send me the actual pen if I return the wrong one apart from refunding me the shipping charges. I have sent it back. I hope everything will turn out well in the end.

Is Wancher a partnership business between engelka and raul?

I've dealt with Raul from Wancher as well, and he has been *fantastic* to deal with. Super-fast replies, great prices and excellent interaction. Cannot say enough positive things about my experiences with them.

I asked him about their relationship with Engeika and he's said that it is one of their branches. Not sure whether Wancher is the branch or Engeika.

Either way - great prices and excellent service, without any of the reported hassles above. A King of Pen is going to be my next purchase from Wancher.

Edited by de_pen_dent

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

• 5 months later...

I am still waiting to receive a confirmation on an order placed almost 3 weeks ago. I have already paid for the pens (in the hundreds of dollars) and I am hoping that despite the lack of communication, he will send the pens. Given the number of feedback on Ebay (over 12,000) and the attractive prices on his site, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and trust he is overwhelmed. However, I doubt I will use this merchant again since I 've ordered from Japan many times before and this is the first time I have encountered any problems.

"Everything can be a myth provided it is conveyed by discourse" Roland Barthes

I am still waiting to receive a confirmation on an order placed almost 3 weeks ago. I have already paid for the pens (in the hundreds of dollars) and I am hoping that despite the lack of communication, he will send the pens. Given the number of feedback on Ebay (over 12,000) and the attractive prices on his site, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and trust he is overwhelmed. However, I doubt I will use this merchant again since I 've ordered from Japan many times before and this is the first time I have encountered any problems.

I know what you mean. I recently purchased a few pens from this ebay seller. The first pens arrived fine, shipped quickly and without any issues.

The second pen shipped quickly, however was defective. I tried contacting the seller, but all questions regarding the faulty pen ignore (while other questions were asnwered quickly). I ended up lodging a PayPal dispute and only then did the seller respond to me and ask me to send the pen back to have the nib replaced. By this time I had lost faith in the seller and had contacted Sailor. Sailor have told my the seller is a offical retailor, BUT only in Japan (not for international sales) and they have noted this seller has a habbit of trying to ignore issues with pens they sell. Sailor now has my pen and is repairing it.

And a third pen I had purchased wasn't marked as sent after a week, so I contacted the seller asking what was happening. They responded saying that the pen was out of stock, and delivery from Sailor delayed. I asked how long it was delayed for and I was just told it was delayed. I then said I bought the pen as a present and needed it or a refund so I could purchase something else, and the pen was magically in stock and sent to me. It arrived a few days later and is perfect, but I am really questioning how it suddenly was in stock after only a hour or 2 of being told it was delayed.

So, this seller can be good and can be bad. When it's good, it's fantastic and very smooth. When it's bad though.....

<p>Currently collection:<strong>Lamy Safari's</strong> x5, <strong>Lamy Al Star's</strong> x3, <strong>Lamy Studio's </strong>x2, A <strong>Lamy 2000</strong>, <strong>Kaweco Sports/AL Sports</strong> x7, <strong>Noodlers pens (Konrad and Ahab)</strong> x10, <strong>Noodlers Konrad Ebonite</strong> x2, <strong>Hero 616</strong> x10, <strong>Reform 1745</strong> x10, <strong>Sailor 1911m</strong> x2, <strong>Sailor 1911 Realo</strong> x3, <strong>Sailor Pro Gear Realo</strong> x2, <strong>Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black</strong>, <strong>Sailor 1911 Sterling Silver</strong>, <strong>Visconti Opera Club Cherry Juice</strong> (M <span>Dreamtouch</span> Nib), <strong>Visconti Opera Elements </strong>x3 (Amber and Black with M <span>Dreamtouch</span> Nib, Blue with M Gold Nib), <strong>Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Maxi</strong>, <strong>Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age</strong>, <strong>Montblanc 146 Le Grande</strong>... Plus I am sure I have forgotten some.

I know what you mean. I recently purchased a few pens from this ebay seller. The first pens arrived fine, shipped quickly and without any issues.

The second pen shipped quickly, however was defective. I tried contacting the seller, but all questions regarding the faulty pen ignore (while other questions were asnwered quickly). I ended up lodging a PayPal dispute and only then did the seller respond to me and ask me to send the pen back to have the nib replaced. By this time I had lost faith in the seller and had contacted Sailor. Sailor have told my the seller is a offical retailor, BUT only in Japan (not for international sales) and they have noted this seller has a habbit of trying to ignore issues with pens they sell. Sailor now has my pen and is repairing it.

And a third pen I had purchased wasn't marked as sent after a week, so I contacted the seller asking what was happening. They responded saying that the pen was out of stock, and delivery from Sailor delayed. I asked how long it was delayed for and I was just told it was delayed. I then said I bought the pen as a present and needed it or a refund so I could purchase something else, and the pen was magically in stock and sent to me. It arrived a few days later and is perfect, but I am really questioning how it suddenly was in stock after only a hour or 2 of being told it was delayed.

So, this seller can be good and can be bad. When it's good, it's fantastic and very smooth. When it's bad though.....

I still haven't received any confirmation. Unfortunately for me I ordered through his store online not through his Ebay store. Right now I am our close to $400 and I don't really know what to do other than keep sending emails. I have ordered pens from Japan before and this is the first time I have had any problems.

I still haven't received any confirmation. Unfortunately for me I ordered through his store online not through his Ebay store. Right now I am our close to $400 and I don't really know what to do other than keep sending emails. I have ordered pens from Japan before and this is the first time I have had any problems.

The best way to get a response from a truant seller is to open a paypal case. Once you do it, suddenly you will find that communication starts.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Just wanted to throw my experience into the mix. I've bought 4 pens so far from Taizo. 3 went without a hitch! Good delivery time considering I'm halfway around the world from him. However, the fourth pen was out of stock when I bought it on auction and I do not think that is a reputable thing for a respectable Ebay seller to do!

In the end, will I still buy from Taizo? Of course. Has the veneer of awesomeness around his operations cracked and crumbled a little? Yes!

I've bought five pens from Taizo this year --- they were delivered days sooner than promised, and all were exactly as advertized.

• 2 months later...

does anyone know do engeika ebay shop do combine shipping with their online shop. I am interested to get their professional mini

Your item(s) will arrive, don't worry.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

With all of the positive comments here on FPN, it seems that it's only a matter of time.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I've been waiting for over a week to have my first pen from engeika shipped. When I sent an e-mail asking what's happening I got a reply apologizing and saying that the pen is ordered from Sailor, and after that one that said that there was some problem with it and that "we sent them back for the new pen again".

If that is what happened, then I can hardly hold it against them (although, selling a pen that you don't have in stock...), and I would much rather have a good pen shipped later than a faulty one that arrives earlier...so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Hi all,

As I am also currently waiting on my fountain pen to arrive, I know the feeling of waiting on something you have already paid for.

On Thursday the 23th of May I ordered a sailor 1911 limited edition "Duke & federal". (Not pretty sure if this is pen is truly "limited" but i just prefer the blue color). As they mention it on their website this kind of 'limited edition pens" could be out of stock anytime so they have to order it from the official sailor company.

Today the 5th of June 2013, I am still waiting on the pen but I am pretty sure I will receive it from them but hopefully without waiting a few more weeks. Thats the disadvantage of buying things online and of which I think you have to deal with it in case you choose to do so..I read a lot of good reviews about Engeika on FPN so I think people (including me) should not worry about it too much.

As I also believe that patience is a nice gesture, and like most good things will not come to you that fast, I do hope I will not have to wait that long anymore to receive my sweet fountain pen to write with.

I checked the date, and I won the auction on the 22nd, and it was listed as shipped today, so that's 15 days.