Engeika Online Shop Customer Service

dan in montreal

Laura N

No, I did not target anyone specifically. What I wanted to avoid was the sort of negative feeding frenzy the moderators and admins have had to shut down in the past. Consider it a form of due process that the sellers are often not on this board to defend themselves, we have to be careful that FPN is not sued for libel and shut down as the board cannot afford legal counsel, and there are other venues for recourse which are often skipped by posters wanting to vent.

In your case, you spoke factually to the measures you took to communicate with the seller, their response or lack thereof and were informative, which is the purpose of Market Watch.

Some posts which followed appeared to be by young people who have a very limited understanding of the business world and the consequences of their demands or anger. An infuriated 14 year old hiding behind the relative anonymity of a screen name whose demands go unmet can create ugly and out of proportion internet attacks on businesses. Thus my occasional reminder from an older and more seasoned view of the business world that there are alternatives in communication.

In that case, as in this post, I had my moderator's hat on. :happyberet:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colex

• terminal

• hari317

• nicholasyeo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't have post this up, no matter how much of a fluke. If you wrote to him in the same tone as you have written this post, I'd be hesitant to write back. I really don't know why you didn't just order from Jetpens, considering that they are closer, and reaching them isn't all that hard. I've had plenty of smooth transactions, and I would really suspect yours is a fluke case. Considering that I ordered a M90 and it took him less than 3 days to ship it to me, that, is a deal all in its own considering how far it had to come.
I didn't see anything wrong with the tone and it looks like Dan has provided a valuable warning to fellow FPN-ers, one that is borne out by the experience of other FPN-ers. It is one of reasons I find the FPN to be a good place to visit every day.

Thanks - that's why I started the thread in the first place.

If I sum up the comments, it seems this seller’s service has really slipped in the last few months. Perhaps it truly is because of an expanding customer base. Still, he should treat the customers he has now with more care.

sorry to see such an excellent source of Japanese pens deteriorating...

Well said Hari, it’s always unfortunate to see a seller go down this path. Hopefully, he’ll clean up his act. In the meantime, and fortunately, there are other sources out there.

Oh man... what a pity! This really sounds terrible. Are there alternative sellers available for such items at this time?

Pisuke2005? Kendo Karate? If anyone has an experience with these sellers, do share them!

I am very sad to hear that people are having problems with Taizo. I have bought a number of items from him, which I had trouble sourcing elsewhere. Only once was there a mistake and I was blown away with the speed and efficiency with which it was fixed. Not only did he send me the correct item all the way from Japan in under a week, but he also told me to keep the incorrect item (which I gave to a niece). His correspondence with me was courteous and helpful. From my personal experience I have nothing but praise for his services and I will be going back to him for more at some point.

I have purchased from pisuke2005 and he is very reliable with good prices too. He also enclosed some gifts in the parcel as had been mentioned (tea bags and origami paper).

Thank you Laura N for your comment and to Ghost Plane for clarifying.

I wasn’t going to comment further, as I’ve said my piece in the original post (and in 2 responses since). By the way, the title of it was Engeika Customer Service, Rather disappointing.... Not “lambaste this particular seller”, “boycott this particular seller”, or anything else. I went to this seller because of very good reviews on fpn. My buying experience with the store was quite different from what I had read here and I felt I should comment on it. However, here I am again, in reaction, I suppose, to several hyperbolic statements.

I think the evolution of the comments is rather interesting. The first responses were very negative and suggested my comments were inappropriate. After that, a lot of back and forth, some defending the seller, others not. It should be pointed out I was not dealing in generalities, but in reaction to the outcome of two specific business deals. I was not implying that every transaction with this seller would result in problems. As I would never state that all transactions with any seller could be exempt of problems. I’ve simply highlighted a set of customer service problems I’ve recently encountered with this seller in the hope of satisfying a need for information. I actually look forward to reading different opinions about pens and sellers on this very forum, and I’ve made informed decisions in the past on what it was I wanted to purchase, and where to spend my money, based on those very opinions.

I have used engeika as a source for sailor pens without any issues. Reasonable shipping, fast, extra perks like converters and ink thrown in. Even around the time of the earthquake no issues. Perhaps supply issues exist now, I can only speculate, having not dealt with him in almost a year. But to pounce on an erroneous $1 listing and demand satisfaction, and even more comically feel wounded when such transaction is not consummated; that is quite revealing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in India, I haven't purchased from engelka directly but from Wancher pens via Rahul/Raul. Earlier, his communication had been very good and the prices offered were very competitive also. But recently, he shipped me a pen of the wrong colour. When informed, Raul said he was sorry and would send me the actual pen if I return the wrong one apart from refunding me the shipping charges. I have sent it back. I hope everything will turn out well in the end.

Is Wancher a partnership business between engelka and raul?

I find it refreshing that the members here can discuss EBay sellers openly, as that is where many of the objects of our desire are for sale. I had a good experience with the seller here, quite recently, in fact I made the purchase just before this thread was started, so I worried a bit with the overseas shipping etc. But, the pen arrived in Michigan just one week after ordering, despite what I'd consider minimal protection for shipment it was unscathed.

I have also had horrible EBay experiences with another seller who appears in this forum, also from across the waters. Same lack of protection in shipping, but that one was damaged on arrival. The Seller first said the leak around the section was "normal", then accused me, in order, of breaking the pen, not using it properly, filling it too bad (sic), and finally of being a reluctant buyer. The cost to ship it back to Singapore was $17 for trackable delivery, which I didn't recoup.

The problem in the overseas transactions is two-fold - they will charge you $17 to ship then throw it in an envelope. If it survives, great. If not, you are on the hook for protected, registered mail back across the sea before you see a refund.

I am in India, I haven't purchased from engelka directly but from Wancher pens via Rahul/Raul. Earlier, his communication had been very good and the prices offered were very competitive also. But recently, he shipped me a pen of the wrong colour. When informed, Raul said he was sorry and would send me the actual pen if I return the wrong one apart from refunding me the shipping charges. I have sent it back. I hope everything will turn out well in the end.

Is Wancher a partnership business between engelka and raul?

I don't think so.Last year, I called Taizo(Engeika) on his cell phone and inquired about Raul He told me that Raul worked for him.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

I have bought 3 sailors from him in the past. One had a faulty nib, and I emailed him about it. He said that because the pen was sold cheap he could only replace it with something at that value (ie a lesser pen). I simply said if the pen I got was faulty then you should send out a replacement of the exact same pen. It took 3-4 emails to get this point across but in the end he sent a replacement and exachanged the M nib for a B as I requested. I bought my third a few weeks after that and it arrived in no time.

Visit my blog Pentorium!

I have worked with Taizo / engeika to purchase all my Japanese pens and inks with great success and at very good prices. I am grateful for his effort to satisfy his customers. Nothing but good feedback from me on his eBay store.

Do not consider it proof just because it is written in books, for a liar who will deceive with his tongue will not hesitate to do the same with his pen - Maimonides

• 5 months later...

I purchased a pen on 16 September on their website.

I did not hear from them and the payment had been gone through already.

I wrote two messages and two emails to them and no responses so far.

They said the delivery will be with EMS Japan so if I did not receive any thing this week I will drop a dispute form to paypal. Hopefully I don't need to do that.

Is there any other way I can contact this seller and they will respond?

Thanks.

They said the delivery will be with EMS Japan so if I did not receive any thing this week I will drop a dispute form to paypal. Hopefully I don't need to do that.

Thanks.

Hello,

I purchased a pen and an ink bottle on the very same day from their website. I received an e-mail with a tracking number on Thursday, and according to this, I should receive the parcel today or tomorrow.

Their e-mail might have been treated as spam? You might also want to try to reach them via their eBay store, where they are active daily.

I am confident you will receive your order soon.

Best regards,

Daniel

Thanks.

Hello,

I purchased a pen and an ink bottle on the very same day from their website. I received an e-mail with a tracking number on Thursday, and according to this, I should receive the parcel today or tomorrow.

Their e-mail might have been treated as spam? You might also want to try to reach them via their eBay store, where they are active daily.

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I received my parcel this afternoon. Nice packaging and fast delivery although I haven't heard from them even after I got my pen.

I track my order on their website everyday and the delivery time was "no specified".

I bought a Sailor 1911 from their ebay store and that was a very good experience. That was why I was so confused by not receiving any email from the seller.

However, nice pen, nice price, I will buy from them next time, hopefully I will get a confirmation by then.

Cheers.

1348482733[/url]' post='2469169']
1348479430[/url]' post='2469150']
1348442922[/url]' post='2468902']

Thanks.

Hello,

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I received my parcel this afternoon. Nice packaging and fast delivery although I haven't heard from them even after I got my pen.

I track my order on their website everyday and the delivery time was "no specified".

I bought a Sailor 1911 from their ebay store and that was a very good experience. That was why I was so confused by not receiving any email from the seller.

However, nice pen, nice price, I will buy from them next time, hopefully I will get a confirmation by then.

Cheers.

I have bought a few pens from them, delivery was not very fast but everything has arrived as ordered.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Just to add to the positive experiences - everything I have bought has been fine and delivered safely etc. The question I always ask myself is 'would you buy from this person again?' - here the ansswer is an unequivocal 'Yes'. NB on other thread I did have a question re how long delivery was taking but this is resolved. IMHO good service, good products, and good prices. No affiliation or conflict of interest to declare, just an ordinary fountain pen user and collector. R

Another addition to the positive experience here. I ordered a pen on 18th September and it's just arrived this morning. I've had slower deliveries from sellers within the UK, let alone all the way from Japan to UK.

I would add though that fulfilling a straightforward sale is relatively easy. It's only when dealing with something out of the ordinary, such as complaints, defective items, returns etc, that you get the true measure of a company's customer service.

Toodle pip<BR><BR><BR>

Have you tried using the "ask a question" on the item page?

I get better luck getting a response that way.

For me, good prices, good items, but the service has gone down from last year

Thanks.