Official Edison Group Buy - Purchasing Thread

My LEE order is in! Now.... to patiently wait!

Edited by Trillium

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy James

• bgray

• Trillium

• MrsGouletPens

First, my thanks to those who put a lot of work into making this happen and especially for the decision to make the two versions..Secondly, my order is now in for the blue! Now comes the waiting game..................

Blue Flecked Acrylic ordered! I too will have to find a way to make the months pass!

With kind regards,
-Matthew

Is there any possibility that the quantity of pens paid for can be shown in the thread in a form somewhat like the poll votes? It would be nice to see the numbers rise toward a successful buy...as well as be great to see the final quantities of the pens!

Is there any possibility that the quantity of pens paid for can be shown in the thread in a form somewhat like the poll votes? It would be nice to see the numbers rise toward a successful buy...as well as be great to see the final quantities of the pens!

I'll announce this when we start the manufacturing. But it's already a successful buy...the project is a go based on those who have already bought in.

Edited by bgray

"A successful buy" less than 24 hours after the purchasing thread was up!

There is surely more than a couple of people doing their "happy dance"!

"A successful buy" less than 24 hours after the purchasing thread was up!

There is surely more than a couple of people doing their "happy dance"!

:bunny01:

With kind regards,
-Matthew

I'll announce this when we start the manufacturing. But it's already a successful buy...the project is a go based on those who have already bought in.

Fantastic news! Out of curiosity, is it more than the number of folks who voted for either pen?

Meh - I gave up faffing around trying to decide on the nib size and ordered the Ebonite with a medium and an extra broad :thumbup:

My first Edison - really looking forward to it. Thank you Brian for your effort in organising this and the Goulets for handling the sales/shipment side.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

I placed my order yesterday for the Cobalt Blue. Can't wait to get my first quality fountain pen.

Thanks to Brian and Goulets.

Ian

Dang...

I was trying to resist ordering one. I did try, really, I mean it... unsure.gif

Ah, who am I kidding. I knew I was going to end up buying that Ebonite pen. rolleyes.gif Order placed! Thanks Brian and the Goulet's for making this possible.

This will be my first Edison pen, and my first Ebonite pen too. Of course I've held and used others, but this one will be mine. I cannot wait!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I indicated in the previous thread that I was intending to purchase, but just realized that the pen is not postable. Not a compliant, but I would prefer a pen that can be posted. Sorry about "withdrawing. . ."

I look forward to the next Edison offering by Goulet Pens.

I just got the Goulet's email about this today, and finally found this topic.

Thanks to Brian and the Goulets who are making this possible! What a wonderful thing to do... and so much work. Yikes.

As for which nib... Heck, for $25 more you can just buy an extra nib ... so you can get an M *and* a B.

Now, I'm trying to decide what to do... Non-postable might be a deal breaker for me, but I haven't decided yet. If it's not, then comes the choice of E or A... (the gold trim is very nice, but that cobalt really is unique).

Since I don't have an Edison, I'm perusing the Goulet site for info. What are the essential differences (other than the obvious body shape and colors) between the "production" Edisons (some of which are postable) that are a wee bit less expensive vs the Pearl LE?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

The only difference between this group buy, a production pen, and a signature pen is the design and customization available. With a signature pen like a Pearl under normal circumstances for instance, Brian will work with you on a one on one basis to make the exact pen you want in terms of material and any other customizations (I assume some customizations may add to the $250 starting price).

With a production line pen, you buy one of the designs like the Collier in one of the available materials. If you want a production line model with some customization like different material or something else that can be customized, you can work with Brian on a custom pen from one of those lines.

With this group buy we're getting a pen that is essentially group customized. It's not a production line pen. We chose the design we liked best. We chose among available materials. The material and model combinations will apparently be exclusive to us for the year. We also get a price a lot closer to the production line price.

The only other thing I can say is that apparently when the Herald went to the production line there were a few tweaks to the design if I remember right. I am not enough of a student of the design to know precisely what they are. I would assume this means that production line designs have certain manufacturing features that make them faster/easier to make somehow. That could even be something like using slightly less material due to less scrap I suppose.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Gotta be the blue.....very special color for a unique pen. I have a flash-bang wild-colored Morgan now in persimmon which is brilliant. This will be my second Edison. Can´t wait! Thanks Brian!

Ordered myself an Ebonite. Went Extra-Fine and Broad for nibs. I figure I'll probably use the Broad but wanted an extra fine just in case. $25... meh.. not a big deal either way. I like the ebonite color though. Nice looking pen.

I'll be ordering the cobalt later today with the broad and possibly an additional fine nib, it's a lovely pen and my first Edison. Now I've just got to be patient. :)

Jackie

My wife is buying me the cobalt with a board nib (and an extra medium nib) and I think may pick up the ebonite with a medium nib (and an extra fine nib)

Will likely pull the trigger on the ebonite this weekend...

On a side note, I've been laughing, envisioning some pen collector 50-75 years from now wondering who Pearl Lee was, and what she did in 2012 that merited a pen... :roflmho:

And oddly enough the engraving as Brian has decided to do it is part of the attraction - it's surprisingly close to the vanity plate on my car, which is pearl white.

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM