• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• Zookie

• lovemy51

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apsara Beauty, an affordable and basic, yet solid pencil.

Blackwing Natural, as mentioned before, I don't find Blackwings to be inherently special compared to other wooden pencils I have used, but I do like the design, and natural pencils so that was the big seller to me. A little disappointed the bond between the two wooden slates didn't seem to hold, cracks on either side of the pencil I am using currently are obvious. Unexpected for a pencil at this price point.

General's Supreme, have been using as a field pencil, as I have with the Beauty above, and well it's a classic yellow pencil, smooth enough, but nothing outstanding, a bit less so since the lead has broken on me twice while using for minimal writing needs: strikethroughs, single words, or numbers mostly 1 or 2's. I find their Cedar Pointe and the Asparas' to be a far better pencil.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Staedtler Mars Lumograph 2B.

I have been using mostly fountain pens for the last few years but just started using wooden pencils this week. I bought a sample pack from Jetpens, so we will see what happens.

Caran D'Ache Swiss Wood, just something about this pencil, the lead is incomparable....

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Drawing/sketching, so this probably doesn't count, nevertheless:

Caran d'Ache 844 mecanical pencil (0.7 mm) HB grade

Staedtler Mars Lumograph 100 wood pencils, grades H through to 8B

Staedtler Mars Micro 775 (0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 0.9 mm) and Mars Technico 780 lead holders (2 mm) , grades H through to 8B

I prefer Staedtler Mars Micro, Pentel Ain Stein and Uni NanoDia leads

Of course, I don't need all of these pencils, so, for good measure, I have a Rotring 800 (0.7 mm) and Carand'Ache Fixpencil (2 mm) coming in the post as well :blush:

However, I enjoy using all of them!

Richard Best Futura No. 1

"No one can be a great thinker who does not recognize that as a thinker it is his first duty to follow his intellect to whatever conclusions it may lead. Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study, and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think." -J.S. Mill, On Liberty

Mitsubishi wood pencils for drawing. Did I really need an "artist's set" with 22 different grades of lead? Not really. In practice, at the stage I'm at for drawing, I find myself using mostly 2B, HB, and 2H pencils. But this gave me a chance to try out a full range, and for replacements I can just buy the ones that I use. I have other brands as well, but like these.

For writing, an old Wearever mechanical pencil which uses 1.1 mm lead, and appears to be a Scripto clone. For a Wearever, it's really well made.

post-79989-0-81505500-1572793780_thumb.jpg

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart."

-Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows

Follow me on IG: Lenses.and pens_

Please do not assume affiliation for any stores I may post about, just a happy customer.

Twenty

Six

Colours

Cheese 'n' crackers.

In practice, at the stage I'm at for drawing, I find myself using mostly 2B, HB, and 2H pencils.

I gravitate towards B or 2B, but like my last few posts in this topic might indicate, I've found that a single grade can vary wildly between brands. In general, I think japanese leads, like Uni, are lovely 'n' dark - great for drawing.

I have a Koh-I-Noor Toison D'or lead holder (with an Uni HB lead) as a carry-around at the mo, but the pencil I've been playing with the most, these days, is a Staedtler Noris digital...

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

Pentel GraphGear 0.5 w/ 4B

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

General's Test Scoring 580

"No one can be a great thinker who does not recognize that as a thinker it is his first duty to follow his intellect to whatever conclusions it may lead. Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study, and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think." -J.S. Mill, On Liberty

fpn_1572123880__pencil_conservation.jpg

Resources Are Fully Used by My Students

Was reminded of this little beauty when I visited my friend who uses a pencil cap/extender.

However, Tom, your example may be even too short for this!

It's a Faber Castell and has a sharpener in the cap.

She buys these pencils by the box and (to get back on topic) it happens to be the pencil I am using today.

(Generously donated, not stolen!)(Cap was not included in the gift!)

fpn_1573769090__gvfc_-_1.jpg

fpn_1573771293__gvfc_-_1_1.jpg