• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• Zookie

• lovemy51

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pentel GraphGear 500 0.5mm. Inexpensive and very well balanced, very good Pentel!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic but quick question.

Is anyone hear a band/orchestra musician that can recommend their favorite wood pencil for marking up music? Pencils on music stands tend to grow legs so priced under $10 per pencil would be ideal.

Off topic but quick question.

Is anyone hear a band/orchestra musician that can recommend their favorite wood pencil for marking up music? Pencils on music stands tend to grow legs so priced under $10 per pencil would be ideal.

I buy a dozen of the 0.9mm Bic disposable pencils every couple of years to stash in horn cases and music folders.

--flatline

I buy a dozen of the 0.9mm Bic disposable pencils every couple of years to stash in horn cases and music folders.

--flatline

Thanks for the tip,the price is great and the colors make them easy to find if they ever decide to grow legs

• 2 weeks later...

My pencil is a Dixon Ticonderoga because it's the best pencil in the world (that I'm willing to pay for).

A Faber-Castell TK 9400 2mm lead holder with some no-name HB (?) lead that I got somewhere.

I didn't like the TK 9400 much when I got it, but it's growing on me.

--flatline

My silver Kura toga arrived from Japan yesterday. I put a 2B lead into in and wow - it is a lovely writer. Feels much better in the hand than the plastic one. The sleeve isn't retractable so it isn't pocketable without a case.

So impressed I ordered the black one to put a different lead in.

Putting a couple of Autopoint Twinpoints to more use, now that I've refreshed my red & blue lead supply.

My silver Kura toga arrived from Japan yesterday. I put a 2B lead into in and wow - it is a lovely writer. Feels much better in the hand than the plastic one. The sleeve isn't retractable so it isn't pocketable without a case.

So impressed I ordered the black one to put a different lead in.

The clutch mechanism can handle leads so soft?!

How's your experience while writing cursive with it? I believe that the mechanism can only work if your working with numbers and script characters... It should be a great experience if you're doing calculations or quick notes!

I have just received my Kuru-Toga Advance (in Skeleton, limited edition). This is the new model that has mechanism that advances twice as fast as the old model, made for writing western characters, as opposed to Japanese (shorter strokes, more strokes per character). Loaded with Ain-Stein HB Soft, it is real joy to write with. Cursive can be managed, though the mechanism won't engage as often, resulting in a dull and widening line. I still love it though, has a feel of an expensive pencil, much better than the metal and plastic old models I have...

life is nothing if you're not obsessed.

An old American MP I have in the garage to use for marking wood for drilling and cutting wood.

• 2 weeks later...

Pentel P205 .5 mm

Palomino Blackwing 602

Palomino Blackwing Pearl

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

Hi all,

Two mechanical pencils arrived from online auctions.

Pelikan 450 tortoise,

Sheaffer 300 in Roseglow.

Both are very nice to use.

Regards,

Craig

The clutch mechanism can handle leads so soft?!

How's your experience while writing cursive with it? I believe that the mechanism can only work if your working with numbers and script characters... It should be a great experience if you're doing calculations or quick notes!

Yes they can. There's up to 4B or 5B in 0.5mm lead. Remember these leads don't share their formulation with wooden pencils. They use polymers to gain strenght. I've got 2B lead in 0.2mm!

Once upon a time Pentel manufactured a wooden pencil that used the same lead formula as their mechanical pencils, it was called Pentel Black Polymer 999 and nowadays is solid gold for pencil enathusiast. All other pencils -except Mitsubishi Nano Dia- use graphite/clay formulations.

Edited by gammada