Romillo Plumín K

Ondina

Shouldn't this whole thread be headed to the Classifieds?

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Ondina

• Chris Chalmers

• handwriter

No, I do not think so

"Classifieds Terms and Conditions

1. The Classifieds section

The Classifieds Section is intended to be a place for members to sell their own pens and related items to other FPN members"

I do not see any of that around here. Do you?

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

A pen hand-made by craftsmen (craftspeople?) to order with a new genuinely flexible nib? If I had that kind of money it would seem like an incredible bargain to me, especially given the other sorts of pens that go for $1200 or more. I'd put this in the same league with the hand-made Japanese urushi pens--but that's an entirely different aesthetic.

ron

And the Elite series comes with converter and cartridge filling. Not many pens around offer so many options regarding filling systems, plus a truly flexible, hand made nib.

I kind of had my heart set on one of the blue marbled essential writer models though, but don't want to deal with an eyedropper filled pen at this price. I sent a note asking them, will see what they say.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Hmmm, this is far too expensive. For such prices, you can have incredible vintage pens.

Oh, yes, the world is full of oversized ebonite black/red ripples in massive gold trim with guaranteed full flexible/wet noodle nibs, life time warranty. That's why any fountain pen aficionado has such a had time deciding on the personal customization of their nib, size, angle, wetness and so.

Pero qué mala es la envidia........

+1. Don´t feed the troll....

Thanks for the insult.

And yes, you can find far better nibs (according to this sample) in the 300-500€ range, with gold overlays too. Mabie Todd, Aikin Lambert, Waterman's.

At 250€, I wouldn't say, but for 600+€, I don't see the point.

Sorry to have a different opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

When I was a kid, I thought I would grow up to own a few cats, a nice sports car, and send my mother on vacations to the Bahamas.

When I was a teenager, I thought I would grow up to own a few cats, a hybrid car with matching solar-paneled house, and my partner and I would travel to the Bahamas.

Now, I just want a cat and this pen. Damn the Spaniards!

I agree that their English version doesn't make things very clear. I started with the base pen and commenced the purchase, and it leads through all the extras......and gifts - but the nib is what they hang their name on, and it is the nib choices on the English version that is very limited for the cheapest pen. I've sent them a message asking about this - but didn't get any recognition that the message had been sent. We will see I suppose!

Lovely looking pens indeed!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I can't believe it's possible to assess the nib from one limited photograph, so i don't think anyone can say whether it's worth the money or not . This pen is absolutely stunning but well out of my price range. I welcome its development in the hope that manufacturers will develop similar nibs for the budget end of the market. I would love to get my mitts on one for a test-drive!

http://www.estilogra...illopens%C2%AE/

The Spaniard Álvaro Romillo is known by manufacturing fountain pens that seem right out of a time machine. Now, it has made a reality what many users where asking for. Handmade nibs, that behave as those of the past; truly flexible, responsive, genuinely unique.

<snip>

The comments of those who were able to test it at the Madrid Pen Show say it's the real thing. Questions here: http://www.romillopens.com/

Usual non affiliation disclaimer....

I've long admired Romillo pens from a far. Fascinating update, Ondina. Thanks for sharing it.

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Hi. I don't know every poster in the thread, but I believe so far you're the only one that works for a shop pen/ink business related, well known for adding flex to nibs among other things. Over the years in FPN people that makes a living openly self-marketing their products, opening threads to announce them, take orders and discuss very detail of them in advance. Like Twsbi, Gfeller, Pharmacist, and an endless etc., including nibmeisters updates on being away for penshows, photographic coverage of pen restorations, detailed discussion about anything and everything on this field, from re-tipping to parallel realities outlandish theories. Also when you & your partner launched a new ink line, for instance. As OP of the thread and out of curiosity, may you be as kind as to explain why this should be moved to Classifieds, but not those?

Many of us understand that a product of the highest quality, art in an instrument, crafted individually, all gold plated brass innards, massive gold trims, rainbow ebonites, with classic sober European aesthetics and customized nibs to the clients specifications ( including in person final adjustment at the delivery) including oblique angles, level of wetness, and nib sizes and tipping range like no other, is a dream product that has no competitor ( unless you fancy Nakaya's Japanese beauty and send the nib to be customized later). Eyedropper, Button fillers, cartridge/converters and an spirit of endless innovation with exquisite respect for tradition. Plus now, the "impossible"; a handmade flexible nib, with the mythical architecture, mastery reborn after a century, genuine artistry , the elusive chimera many have been dreaming of, casted in those mythical gold alloys today's Nibelungen claimed lost in time. Not doubting green has been the color of the rest of the pros, sky blue is the one for every fountain pen lover that wished for a time machine. But is is said reality trumps fantasy, and it may be true; because this is even better than we dreamt. None of the flaws, the best of both worlds, vintage and modern, à la carte, made for just you under order, chiseled with your number. Certainly a reason to rejoice and celebrate.

Ondino, can you say some feedback about it being only an eyedropper, and how that fills, seals, could a converter be used?

SamCapota, MisterWolf is the fortunate owner of Romillo pens for sometime now, maybe he would be so kind as to asses your question given his pen collection and expertise. There are several international members here that also attend the Madrid PS regularly, some professionals in the business whose point of view will certainly be of value. Mr. Romillo is not only a high level pro but a true pleasure to deal with, and has a reputation of being very forward, discussing with him the peculiarities of eyedroppers versus the offered c/c- pneumatic fillers of other models before committing to an order is probably the way to go.

Hi. I don't know every poster in the thread, but I believe so far you're the only one that works for a shop pen/ink business related, well known for adding flex to nibs among other things...

Very well said, and IMHO completely valid.

Ondino, can you say some feedback about it being only an eyedropper, and how that fills, seals, could a converter be used?

SamCapota, MisterWolf is the fortunate owner of Romillo pens for sometime now, maybe he would be so kind as to asses your question given his pen collection and expertise. There are several international members here that also attend the Madrid PS regularly, some professionals in the business whose point of view will certainly be of value. Mr. Romillo is not only a high level pro but a true pleasure to deal with, and has a reputation of being very forward, discussing with him the peculiarities of eyedroppers versus the offered c/c- pneumatic fillers of other models before committing to an order is probably the way to go.

Ondina, thank you for your reply. I didn't have any questions about the professional background/reputation of Romillo which is obvious from their website and creations....especially their own flex nib! I was thinking that perhaps you had seen and used their eyedropper pens and I value your feedback.

I did put that concern by email last week to Mr. Romillo after he confirmed the K nib is available, just not yet coded to display on the English translation of their website. I don't have any pens that I use as eyedroppers except the small Kaweco and a Stipula Passaporto, both of which leaked.

I told him my concerns with the ebonite red or blue essential writer models are three-fold. 1) Changing air pressure from hand heat might affect flow or leaking, especially if nearing empty. 2) Ongoing concern of leaking at seals with eyedroppers. 3) Concern of various inks in different pH ranges making contact with ebonite surface on a long term basis.

I will let you know when he replies, but I remain very enthusiastic about this pen and nib.

It is nice to see Alvaro in that video, but have no idea what he said. Apologies that I do not speak Spanish.

Good morning, I'm Alvaro Romillo of Romillopens®, first thank you very much for his views on the new nib "k".

On the web Romillopens, the new nib "k" and the new model "Eo" are updated only in Spanish, I hope that next week may be updated also in English.

Anyway I leave here some links with the presentation of news in English.

Romillopens® K Nib

http://romillopens.com/news/K-En.pdf

Romillopens® Eo

http://romillopens.com/news/Eo-En.pdf

thank you very much

Álvaro

Álvaro, nice to see you here.

Look forward to any feedback on why eyedropper in the essential writer ebonite pens. That's my obstacle.

That nib looks fantastic! Has anyone actually written with one yet?

Just to bring you all up to date.........I've ordered my Romillo pen after very helpful emails etc from Alvaro Romillo's response to my message - left on the pen site.

I decided on the basic black Essential - no added bits, just a plain black pen..........with a flexy "K" M - BB nib. I also requested the 'generous' ink flow!!!

How I will manage to wait for it is another thing..........20th April is the date named so far!

I love big black pens...........and this one will be in good company here. :thumbup:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Good morning, I'm Alvaro Romillo of Romillopens®, first thank you very much for his views on the new nib "k".

On the web Romillopens, the new nib "k" and the new model "Eo" are updated only in Spanish, I hope that next week may be updated also in English.

Anyway I leave here some links with the presentation of news in English.

Romillopens® K Nib

http://romillopens.com/news/K-En.pdf

Romillopens® Eo

http://romillopens.com/news/Eo-En.pdf

thank you very much

Álvaro

It's good to see you here! :W2FPN:

That nib looks beautiful! And judging by the writing sample, the performance is very promising as well. I also really like the Eo and Essential Classic pens. Sadly, they're beyond my budget until at least next year but more likely the year after.

Edited by raging.dragon

No follow up responses to my questions about the eye dropper mode, so I'm out as a previously interested buyer. I'm not begging a company to sell me a pen.