Romillo Plumín K

Ondina

http://www.estilograficas.net/plumin-k-romillopens%C2%AE/

The Spaniard Álvaro Romillo is known by manufacturing fountain pens that seem right out of a time machine. Now, it has made a reality what many users where asking for. Handmade nibs, that behave as those of the past; truly flexible, responsive, genuinely unique. Each of them is handmade and manually engraved. The rebirth of vintage flex has been achieved by reproducing the design, alloys and manufacturing techniques of the makers of the beginning of the XXth Century.

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/Romillopens-Essential-Writer-k-nib/Romillopens-Essential-Writer-k-nib-4.JPG

The comments of those who were able to test it at the Madrid Pen Show say it's the real thing. Questions here: http://www.romillopens.com/

Usual non affiliation disclaimer....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Ondina

• Chris Chalmers

• handwriter

Ondina, I tried to find a "K" nib, but only saw choices on their nib selection page of EF--BBB/Stub and a "V" variable. Is it not yet available?

It does not show as a nib option if you select English. I can see it as a choice if I keep configuration in spanish.

Also, these pens are mostly $1,000 + depending on options.

Edited by SamCapote

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

It's available, while ordering, choose the nib size, personalization of angle if wished and then ask for the Plumín K instead of the regular one. The webpage may not allow yet direct orders. As they are handmade and customized for the buyer there will be question for you to answer before a final request is taken in. I suggest you mail or phone them, they have a personalized approach to their customers.

Edited by Ondina

It's available, while ordering, choose the nib size, personalization of angle if wished and then ask for the Plumín K.

Change your language to English and see that it does not show up at the top. No matter if you choose Euro or rest of world.

It's available, while ordering, choose the nib size, personalization of angle if wished and then ask for the Plumín K.

Change your language to English and see that it does not show up at the top. No matter if you choose Euro or rest of world.

Contact them directly, SamCapote. http://www.romillopens.com/img/contacto.php

Beautiful looking nib.... :notworthy1:

Anyone got an oil well I can borrow for the week end?

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

And look at the line quality! That's spectacular. Temptation, I hear you knocking . . .

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

Hmmm, this is far too expensive. For such prices, you can have incredible vintage pens.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

Received catalog from Senor Alvaro Romillo with personal note... .

Very nice! :thumbup:

fpn_1331236499__alvaro_romillo.jpg

Fred

It says that the flexible "K" nib is available for all models of the Essential series.

Frankly, $1000 is not cheap, but these are hand-made pens with hand-made nibs, comparisons with other brands that offer mostly bling are obvious.

Thanks a lot, Ondina :thumbup:

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

Hmmm, this is far too expensive. For such prices, you can have incredible vintage pens.

Oh, yes, the world is full of oversized ebonite black/red ripples in massive gold trim with guaranteed full flexible/wet noodle nibs, life time warranty. That's why any fountain pen aficionado has such a had time deciding on the personal customization of their nib, size, angle, wetness and so.

Pero qué mala es la envidia........

This is what every vintage pen lover has been dreaming of. Thank you Sr. Romillo for making it a reality. For those that sighted for the ideal new old stock vintage pen without any of its flaws, this is an absolute miracle. This is a day to congratulate you but all of us as well. Wonderful!

Oh, yes, the world is full of oversized ebonite black/red ripples in massive gold trim with guaranteed full flexible/wet noodle nibs, life time warranty. That's why any fountain pen aficionado has such a had time deciding on the personal customization of their nib, size, angle, wetness and so.

Pero qué mala es la envidia........

+1. Don´t feed the troll....

Edited by misterwolf

ALL OR NOTHING. Small Faces, 1966

NOS VEMOS EN LOS BARES!!!

Contact them directly, SamCapote. http://www.romillope...mg/contacto.php

They did contact me quickly, including an essential writer, blue marbled, no clip configuration with the K nib. I would love to get one of these. Have to decide if I want to spend 835 euros ($1,150 USD). I'm sure I would treasure it.

The only thing I'm not comfortable with is that it appears all models use an eyedropper filling mechanism. I have had problems with hand heat expanding increasing airspace, and forcing out ink with eyedroppers.

Ondino, can you say some feedback about it being only an eyedropper, and how that fills, seals, could a converter be used?

Edited by SamCapote

It looks wonderful! And the Essential series, if you don't pick gold "extras", can be as "few" as 600€...

A pity I haven't spare 600$ now...

Cheapest I got was 715 € which is $945. Going to Essential Writer & blue looks great, jumps up.

How about one of the button fillers?

http://www.romillopens.com/img/contenido-web/modelos/comparar-g.jpg

And the Elite series comes with converter and cartridge filling. Not many pens around offer so many options regarding filling systems, plus a truly flexible, hand made nib.

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.