The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Nakaya Piccolo Model!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 playtime

playtime

Flexible

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 18:31

Yes, a departure from ebonite and urushi--but my lord I am smitten!

http://www.nibs.com/...o-Titanium.html

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived.  I have three, but hardly ever use them.  After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

Sponsored Content

#2 777

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 18:43

Yup, saw this on twitter yesterday. It's BEAUTIFUL...

And rather far out of my price range. :)

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

Posted Image

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

#3 elderberry

elderberry

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 19:28

Oh thanks God... it's not my thing!
Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

#4 inBOIL

inBOIL

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 19:59

That's awesome! (Tho it reminds me of the Parker Jotter ballpoint i used to own.)

#5 Lady Spencerian

Lady Spencerian

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 20:13

Oh thanks God... it's not my thing!

Equally grateful that I don't care for metal pens... It is beautiful though.

#6 opus7600

opus7600

Neophiliac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 20:47

I love titanium, but 60g is too heavy for me.

#7 ravantra

ravantra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,243 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 21:32

Nice to look at but for me too expensive, heavy and I don't care for all metal pens. Boy it's almost the weight of 3 Piccolo Writers. Still it's a good looking pen! :unsure:
Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

#8 Joe in Seattle

Joe in Seattle

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 21:47

hmmm, is it an iron butterfly?

Seems to me a contradiction. Urushii made by hand. Metal made by machine.

Not to disparage anyone who likes it.
"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

#9 nicholasyeo

nicholasyeo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2012 - 21:53

WHOA. That is a beautiful pen. Ruthenium seems to be the new rhodium/gold?
I have got myself one 1911 with ruthenium section. This must be heavy, then?!

#10 Siv

Siv

Inky fingers

• Member - Gold

• 2,769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 15:13

If it was the price of a regular piccolo, I would order one immediately. At twice the price, no way! I'd rather have two regular ones...

Which reminds me, I need to order a decopod ;)
Posted Image
Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

#11 peterpen53

peterpen53

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 23:56

This is not what you buy a Nakaya for, is it? They must have been hard pressed to come up with something new.
May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

#12 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 00:33

I think of Nakaya and I think Urushi. That's why I buy Nakaya.

Erick

Currently in Rotation: 

Moonman 200 "F" nib running Montblanc Racing Green

Santini Italia Libra "F" nib running Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses

Diplomat Aero "F" nib running PR Blue Suede

#13 Hex

Hex

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:25

This is not what you buy a Nakaya for, is it? They must have been hard pressed to come up with something new.

It's certainly not what I would buy a Nakaya for. No clue why they took this path. Not to my taste.
Hex, aka George

#14 playtime

playtime

Flexible

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:14

Love what Nakaya does now--but am happy to see that they are pursuing different paths. i'm sure they will never abandon the core of their activities--but i applaud their efforts here. hopefully this will be available without the clip as well.....

J

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived.  I have three, but hardly ever use them.  After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

#15 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

Pen Snob

• Member - Gold

• 4,311 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:16

It's certainly not what I would buy a Nakaya for. No clue why they took this path. Not to my taste.

A lot of these pens were originally commissioned by clients and Nakaya put them up for order.

The Neo Standard started as a request by a client for a pen like the desk pen but one that can be easily carried.

This 'White Tiger' (Byakko) pen was one that I commissioned as another example.

Edited by AltecGreen, 09 March 2012 - 03:55.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show        
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

#16 playtime

playtime

Flexible

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:23

A lot of these pens are pens are originally commissioned by clients and Nakaya puts them up for order.

The Neo Standard started as a request by a client for a pen like the desk pen but one that can be easily carried.

very cool!

#17 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:16

A lot of these pens were originally commissioned by clients and Nakaya put them up for order.

The White Tiger looks really nice. :thumbup:

#18 Nikolaos

Nikolaos

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,404 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:16

I already have 3 titanium pens and love the material. The Nakaya is a gorgeous pen. Titanium pens are expensive so this is just a matter of paying double the price of the Piccolo or not. I am not too sure about it yet :)

Nikolaos

#19 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• 2,792 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 19:55

An expensive departure from the understated & beautiful urushi Piccolos that are available.
Looks more like an Italian creation.
I`d rather get two different Piccolos at that price
Just my 0.02 CAD.

Cheers:
Istvan
*Sailor 1911-M, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Professional-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c.factory "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#20 peterpen53

peterpen53

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 22:46

The White Tiger looks really nice. :thumbup:

The White Tiger is something quite different from this titanium pen. Not that I would buy it, but it fits much better in my perception of a Nakaya.

Edited by peterpen53, 09 March 2012 - 22:47.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Sponsored Content

|