Where To Get A Pelikan M800 14Ct Nib

lavie

M600 nibs are considerably smaller than M800 nibs. If I'm not mistaken the M600 nibs will not fit - the threaded collar is also smaller.

Iechyd da pob Cymro

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lavie

• Rick Propas

• hari317

• fd_kiel

There might be another way to solve the issue.

As I have a M600 with an 18k nib which has been taken from a M800 the nibs seem to be compatible. So why not trying a 14k nib intended for a M600 (which should be easier to find)? :eureka:

Thanks, fd_kiel. But indeed, the M600 nib is smaller than the M800.

MfG,

Lavie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Got my M800 black a few years back from FPN member printhardcopy - very satisfied with it and with the level of communication with printhardcopy. The pen was ofcourse new in box with papers, an excellent writer ever since.

I think he has some M800s for sale, still! :thumbup:

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

Hi!

Got my M800 black a few years back from FPN member printhardcopy - very satisfied with it and with the level of communication with printhardcopy. The pen was ofcourse new in box with papers, an excellent writer ever since.

Don't all current production Pelikan M800's have 18k nibs? I thought they only came with 14k ones whose feeling and built was closer to those of yore, for a very brief time, when the pen was first issued, from 1987 till the end of 1989.

Pelikan has remodeled its webpage, including a production chart that helps date their pens from 1982 http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_EN.FWI.timelineInitView.106753./timeline While I can't help finding the 14k ones, I've tried M800's with 14k, the Bock 18k and the current Pelikan 18k. 14k was a tiny bit springier but it had the same effective very little give in than the Bock 18k. best of luck in the search of one, if you succeed, could you please post a picture of how it writes?.

I have an early M800 (stamped W.Germany) with the 14ct nib in medium. The tip seems much smaller compared to the tip on my 2005 M800, so it feels slightly 'toothy' in comparison, but it is quite springy.

Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

There might be another way to solve the issue.

As I have a M600 with an 18k nib which has been taken from a M800 the nibs seem to be compatible. So why not trying a 14k nib intended for a M600 (which should be easier to find)? :eureka:

Folks,

I'm sorry for the mistake :crybaby:

I've investigated little deeper...obviously my M600 has got a M600-oldstyle nib which is an 18k one.

But I appreciate the respectful responses on my posting.

Thanks for that, but perhaps I've caused some healthy laughters :ltcapd:

Best regards

fd_kiel

This one just ended, at what I believe, a reasonable price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251010865931

Best

Hari

Somebody stole that :crybaby:

And it wasn't me :bawl: :gaah:

That was a pretty good price. I got my W. Germany M800 for less than a couple M200 nibs from a flea market dealer who didn't know any better -- he wanted more a Waterman Expert. :roflmho:

:bunny01:

post-25763-1244287713.jpg

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

He does, I just got a red M 800 with an IB nib this week from him. New nib is 18k.

Edited by jkingrph

Regards

Jeff