Question On Parker Jotter Bp Premium

khomkrit

I really want to get a Parker Jotter BP Premium but I'm not sure if it's good or not, I'm a left handed and I'm still in school so I take a lot of notes. I like pen that write really smooth on most surfaces and paper, and doesn't skip ink. So I was really interested in the Parker Jotter BP Premium and I just want you guys who have the Jotter Premium to give me your opinion about the pen. Thank you :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• agg0102

• rminj

• Vendome

I really want to get a Parker Jotter BP Premium but I'm not sure if it's good or not, I'm a left handed and I'm still in school so I take a lot of notes. I like pen that write really smooth on most surfaces and paper, and doesn't skip ink. So I was really interested in the Parker Jotter BP Premium and I just want you guys who have the Jotter Premium to give me your opinion about the pen. Thank you :D

I don't have the Premium but wrote in college decades ago with the Papermate Profile...black plastic and chrome top/clip/button. That pen is discontinued (can find on ebay I suppose) but the Parker Jotter is the closest thing I've found to it. The shape and Parker (and other compatible) refills make it the fastest writing ballpoint setup you can find.

Here is the USA you can find the regular Jotters available in many stores and cheaply. You could get a regular Stainless steel or plastic Jotter to see how it does taking notes. The Premium

then would be a good step up. I've read good things about the Premiums..the black finish on the black and chrome one was reviews somewhere and said to be durable.

I have many quality ballpoint pens. But I find myself going back to the Jotter constantly. This week I'm writing with my current favorite refill (blue Easyflow 9000) in my stainless steel Jotter. I'm amazed how even the cheaper plastic ones have held up over the years. Definitely

will be available for years to come (unlike Papermates).

Hi, Yes the Jotter is a very good design, it's been made for many years, millions of them have been sold all over the world.

The plastic barrel one gives a little more grip than the all metal one, but they are very reliable in either type.

You will have the standard Parker powerpoint refill fitted, black or blue, and medium width.

Parker have just this year made a smoother type of ink refill, "Quinkflow", which many users say is very good, but I have not yet tried it.

You can buy various colour inks, and Parker do make gel refills that fit, and they can be very good too.

But you can also fit other brands of refill, not Parker, which you may like even better.

I have a plastic one and an all metal "Flighter", and both travel with me in my coat pocket as they are 100% reliable. Hope that helps.

Edited by Mike 59

The refill that comes in the Parker Jotter Premium is the standard Lubriglide refill. It is awful.

I would replace it with a QuinkFLOW refill.

I owned a Jotter Premium. The refill would make that little noise you sometimes hear with ballpoints (not a 100% tight fit, so the refill hits the edge of the nose). I returned it. My other non-premium, made-in-France, stainless steel Jotter has the same problem.

A $0.20 Bic Cristal writes more smoothly and at a lower writing angle than a stock Parker Jotter Premium. The QuinkFLOW refill places the Jotter up there with the Cristal in terms of smoothness. However, the Jotter still loses to the Cristal in its ability to write on the first stroke every time. The Bic pen can do this, but the Jotter often has a lighter first stroke. This is most annoying if you are using it for signatures and NEED it to write properly on the first stroke. The Jotter also loses big time to the Cristal in that it can not write at a low angle, as you would with a fountain pen. The Cristal can do this, amazingly.

Love the graceful lines of the Jotter, though.

Edited by bicfan

I have all three models of the Premium. They are very good pens. Pretty much a dressed up Jotter with cisele finish on the cap. I prefer the linished stainless steel and black matte barrel ones. the shiny barrel one is just way too slippery for writing for long periods. The cisele pattern depends on the model of Premium - the black matte has large square cisele in the cap (seems kind of "tinny" looking, the brushed chrome barrel has the medium square Cisele and the shiny barrel one has the small cisele squares in the cap. The Premiums are made in China and the quality control is just as good as the others made in UK (and now France).

I'm a lefty too and don't have a problem with them. I find with most ballpoints on the market today being a lefty the ink smudges on my the back of my small finger but that is not just a Parker ballpoint ink trait. Jotters are my fav ballpoint (35 plus years) and I tend toward the plastic barrelled ones as with extended writing my fingers slip on the stainless steel barrels. I'm such a Jotter freak I bought the book. Great book and a must have for any serious Jotter fan.

Best

Rowdy

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has the black Jotter Premium; can I ask how the finish, specifically the tip is holding up?

The tip does not have the silver cone/reinforcements that the plastic barrels have. I was wondering

if the finish is prone to chips or wear there?

Thanks a bunch.

In my opinion, the stainless steel jotter is almost nigh indestructible, except the way I use it. I have often discussed on the forums all the things have happened to my jotter yet they still remain my go to pen. I also have the regular plastic jotter with the metal cone that protects the tip, also pretty good, but it doesn't stand up to the stainless steel. I am also a student and have used the ss jotter since high school, different ones of course due to all the abuse I administer to them. My current ss jotter has some buckling in the cap due to the high pressure with which i force the barrel connector back in with. The ss jotter can be completely dissembled except the cap and its mechanism, which i am still working on. This is important because you will need to clean it, as one of my backup jotters exploded, I blame this on the french refill. Good luck in your selection.

I'm of the same generation as Rowdy but don't yet have the Premium. I have heard that the quality is not quite comparable and have resisted. There's still too many other cool Jotters to collect. I, too, have the Jotter book. A must have for sure.

I was a fan of both the Jotter and the Bic Cristal back in elementary school when we were just getting used to the advent of the ballpoint. Though my first BP was the school supplied cheapo. The Jotter had much more class but the Cristal was lots more fun making spitball launchers out of them. And easy to replace given the low price. I am so tempted to teach my grandson the secrets of the Bic Cristal but my daughter would probably never forgive me for such corruption. :roflmho:

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png

• 1 year later...

Hi there, sorry to enter this topic just now, i hope you read this.

I have a lot of jotters, all 3 premiums, 1 normal ss and 3 plastic (2 of them from 80's) and 1 flighter. I have compared all and in reviews and i have to say that quality of jotters have not varied a lot. But any way i want to talk about the premium satin black wich is my favorite of all.

First, the premium black satin pen is all satinless still, the black part is just covered in a black satin witch is more confortable to hold and make it a little bit (almost imperceptible) wider so is more confortable for longer time of writing and holding. That's why it does noy have a metal nose, because is all metal, you can try it by hitting a metal part to the pen, the sound is inconfundible.

The inner plastic threads all jotters have now in the upper part (only the very older jotters have the brass threads) is a little more resistant in this jotter but, if you want you can change it to any other upper part you like depending on the cap.

If you put a quinkflow refill on it (darker and smoother) you would have the best jotter of all and one of the top best ballpoint in the world. I allways have that pen in my poket :)

A classic pen, and part of a lovely set when teamed up with the matching pencil. Been using them for over 30 years.

Parker are releasing 4 metallic sheen Jotters later this year as part of their 125th Anniversary.

Also there will be some more Limited / Special Edition Jotters in 2014 as the Jotter celebrates its 60th Anniversary. (Still waiting to get feedback from Parker relating to these 2014 releases.)

There was also a set of Limited Editon Jotters in 2013, a dotted pattern on yellow, red and blue barrels.

Long reign the House of Belmont.

I'll gladly join the chorus about the Jotter. They're remakably durable, and the Parker refills last long enough to write your memoirs.

FWIW, I am very partial to cap-actuated Jotters. They're much cooler than button-actuated, and just as durable in my experience.

• 2 months later...

Jotters have been a favorite ballpoint pen for may years. I have used the plastic models without failures and find them comfortable to write anywhere, paper and other materials.

There are a simple constructed quality ballpoint. Some of my older models from the 70's still write a dark blue from the T-ball refills.

I do like the new Quinkflow refills, so far no problems with any of them. The written words have held up over 50 years on cheap paper.

I am an ardent fan, Parker please continue making the Jotter.

jimmartin

The 50th anniversary Jotters are very nice. I have several, plus some of the regular ones from that period and some of the classic ones from the 70s. I like the regular Parker fine refills...

Edited by J English Smith

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

• 1 year later...

hello!!!

I noticed that you mentioned the parker jotter premier edition for 50th anniversary.

I own 2 and I want to sell them..... anyone interested??

hello!!!

I noticed that you mentioned the parker jotter premier edition for 50th anniversary.

I own 2 and I want to sell them..... anyone interested??

I see you advertising your pens everywhere which you shouldnt. This is not the place you should seek to sell your pens. Please go to the classified for selling your pens.

Khan M. Ilyas

I see you advertising your pens everywhere which you shouldnt. This is not the place you should seek to sell your pens. Please go to the classified for selling your pens.

I know and I am sorry but I can't go to the classified because my account is new and it must be more than a month to sell something.

Also I really need to sell it now so that's why I advertise it everywhere

sorry again

I know and I am sorry but I can't go to the classified because my account is new and it must be more than a month to sell something.

Also I really need to sell it now so that's why I advertise it everywhere

sorry again

So you want to defeat the very purpose of this 30 days/30 posts conditon for being able to sell your items in the classified. Please refrain.

Khan M. Ilyas

So you want to defeat the very purpose of this 30 days/30 posts conditon for being able to sell your items in the classified. Please refrain.

hey... I was very kind to you and I said sorry ok?? I don't want problems...

• 10 months later...

hey... I was very kind to you and I said sorry ok?? I don't want problems...

Ikr, the guy is being very mean. I would highly recommend you to ignore him as you were very kind. You are new, so he had no reason to say that.

Ikr, the guy is being very mean. I would highly recommend you to ignore him as you were very kind. You are new, so he had no reason to say that.

Perhaps next time pay attention to the date of the post before replying something that does not contribute to the subject.