Left to right:

1. WE Mark Twain, 18k B nib (2011)
  2. 234 1/2 G, 14C BB nib (c. 1950)
  3. 146, 14k M nib (1991)
  4. 136, alloy B nib (c. 1947)
  5. 149, 18C BBB nib (c. 1960s)

Edited by dcpritch

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farmdogfan

• dcpritch

• KJY

• Blade Runner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@dcpritch - Thanks! For some reason, I can't get my eyes off that 136 alloy nib. Wonderful!

My link

Life is like Chinatown signage, its cluttering, confusing but everything that you need is there, just have to look harder....

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/sidestreaker/lifestyle/logo.jpg

Just saw this, these!

Man I love this thread and the beautiful photos everyone posts here. To paraphrase ethernautrix from a different thread in a different forum:

The beauty about Nakaya [Montblanc] is that there is no need; it is all desire, sublime desire.

We are going to indulge something -- we are only human -- so why not something as beautiful and useful as Nakaya [Montblanc]?

I can see incredible beauty in both Montblanc and Nakaya pens. So, is it wrong to change the pen brand in her quote? Especially here in the MB Forum?

Nope, not wrong at all, David. Thanks!

A quick shot. Will have to try a light tent and my D80 one of these days, but, yeah, now I have this... Semiramis with a luscious F nib, filled with Sailor Rikyu Cha.

Wait what pen is this?--going to google it now!

It's a Patron of the Arts LE, Semiramis. I had to send it off to Germany to fix a leak at the seam, but it should be back any day now. Can't wait to ink it up again. Great nib! A very flashy pen, though (laughs). I coveted this pen for several years before discovering Nakaya, and the incongruity between Semiramis and plain urushi amuses me, that my tastes cover such a range. Actually, I stopped wanting the Semiramis; it always cost more than I was willing to pay, and I had all these Nakayas. Kindv amazed that I have one now (once it gets back from the spa). I want to take a better photo of it, too. The one here is far too out of focus, sheesh.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Here are a couple of B&W's of my Hitchcock. Not up to others here standards but I hope you get an idea of this beautiful nib. It is a Medium nib.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/ianmedium/L1010193.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/ianmedium/L1010187.jpg

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

Thanks so much. I love this nib, simple but still wonderful details.

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

Left to right:

1. WE Mark Twain, 18k B nib (2011)
  2. 234 1/2 G, 14C BB nib (c. 1950)
  3. 146, 14k M nib (1991)
  4. 136, alloy B nib (c. 1947)
  5. 149, 18C BBB nib (c. 1960s)

Whoa, that shows how huge the 149 is!

Great pictures everyone... keep 'em coming.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

@dcpritch - Thanks! For some reason, I can't get my eyes off that 136 alloy nib. Wonderful!

I agree with Sidestreaker. In all its simplicity it is a very elegant and beautiful nib. And the same really goes for the 234 1/2 G. I'm really beginning to wonder in which era Montblanc made the best nibs... depending, of course, on what you consider being 'best'. But I can't seem to put my 40-year old 121 down.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

hey these pics are breath taking!!!!

About the Imperial Dragon, is it a matte finish on the grip section? very nice!!!

Robert, simply beautiful pictures!

All the best.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I love this thread! :notworthy1:

Here is my little effort with a compact camera (no flash, no tri-pod) that I took yesterday and simple post-processing in lightroom 3:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7131/7554609916_dc61231912_z.jpg

by iamcjun

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8021/7554609792_39c45d9feb_z.jpg

by iamcjun

Edited to add the flickr's links

Edited by yotiao

English is not my mother tongue, please excuse me.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful, simply beautiful! thanks for the pictures and the setup.

regards

Ashish

Here is more free marketing for MB... (we should all get a WE for our efforts hmm1.gif

I didn't bother cleaning the nibs... i actually like dirty FP pics - there is something nice about a fountain pen fulfilling its destiny!

First, 149F circa 1980's

post-64702-0-59744800-1331699568.jpg

Second, 145 with OB nib

post-64702-0-95522700-1331699560.jpg

Third, 144 with BB nib

post-64702-0-85663700-1331699546.jpg

Last but not least, an old school monotone 144 with F nib

post-64702-0-12128800-1331699553.jpg

All pics were taken using the super fancy pen studio, also purchased from MB :)

Not really! take letter sized paper, tape it to form a cylinder then cut a little window to shoot through. Camera Nikon D7000 w/ 105 F macro nikkor and Nikon's awesome wireless macro lights; camera hand held and set to f22 and 1/250 s exposure; TTL flash

post-64702-0-07074500-1331699572.jpg

• 1 year later...

I love this thread! And it's why i post in it just to make it climb the mountain of threads (may be the Montblanc...) Sorry but no pictures from me i just have a cheap camera (80€) so won't do it for such close up

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

OK, since you've bumped the thread back to life, I might as well show what I have in the pipeline. I've returned my Axis Mundi skeleton to the factory to have a bespoke signature nib fitted. This is what it looks like so far:

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/rockspyder7/AxisMundiSigNib_zps3ff455f3.jpg

(photo credit: Axel Nier)

It is the only one I know of on an Axis Mundi skeleton. It is going to be beautiful.

I'll put up some pics once it is back.

OK, since you've bumped the thread back to life, I might as well show what I have in the pipeline. I've returned my Axis Mundi skeleton to the factory to have a bespoke signature nib fitted. This is what it looks like so far:

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/rockspyder7/AxisMundiSigNib_zps3ff455f3.jpg

(photo credit: Axel Nier)

It is the only one I know of on an Axis Mundi skeleton. It is going to be beautiful.

I'll put up some pics once it is back.

Long time no see my friend!

What a comeback!

That nib is really breathtaking!

(Is it a dragon that it is supposed to be seen?)

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

No other words.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Long time no see my friend!

What a comeback!

That nib is really breathtaking!

(Is it a dragon that it is supposed to be seen?)

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

No other words.

:D Hallo hallo!

Yip its a dragon! I am really exited to have the whole pen back and see how the nib fits in with the rest of the design.

I will have to post pics. :D

Hey there~

There is a Montblanc app for the iPhone/iPad with a glorious gallery of MB pens and closeup pictures of their nibs...for those who want their pictures on the go.

These are more interesting to look at, though. (And more convenient to see side-by-side). Plus the nib creep on some of them.... :wub:

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Not my picture, but it would fit in this thread:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5205/5z3r.jpg

From Wheelers Luxury Gifts.

Sidestreaker, nice line-up. You inspired me to take a picture of mine:

fpn_1340398672__mb_pens_6-22-12_2_1024x6

Left to right:

• WE Mark Twain, 18k B nib (2011)
  • 234 1/2 G, 14C BB nib (c. 1950)
  • 146, 14k M nib (1991)
  • 136, alloy B nib (c. 1947)
  • 149, 18C BBB nib (c. 1960s)

Just wondering what is the width of the writing point on your (5) 149, 18C BBB (c 1960s).

Its very debatable how or what a BBB nib size should be.

I am asking because I have one that fall between a BB - BBB and not sure which is more accurate to address it.

I would love to know if there is a a range to call it BBB

Mine has a writing point of 1.64mm - 1.7mm

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w3p7ic.jpg

Writing give me the opportunity to reflect and be mindful about the present moment.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png