• Trillium

• bgray

• The Scribbler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am. Trillium showed me this material:

Gotta say, I love it.

How did I miss that?!?! :drool:

I thought the same thing. I've ordered many pens from Brian, I've been on his site for hours but I've never seen that material until Trillium told me about it. I love it.

I like posting these suggestions. Keep doing this, as the materials choices are yet to be determined, and anything that gets a lot of attention here can certainly be considered.

However, I will say that some materials do not lend themselves to production runs.

Some materials cannot be production, such as this red tortoise that was mentioned above...

This comes to me in short lengths, and the supplier simply couldn't handle a real large order.

So keep the suggestions coming, but realize that not every material can be done in a production setting.

I am. Trillium showed me this material:

http://edisonpenco.s...k=HEqtF&lb=1&s=

Gotta say, I love it.

Okay, so up until this I have just been watching curiously. Now, if that is the material that's picked, I may have to sell some stuff to get in on the group buy. Gorgeous material! :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

Sounds like I better get that personal order lined up then! ......Checking the wallet.... the sofa cushions....

Brian, could you recommend a material that would look similar to this (red tortoise)even if it were another material like lucite or even something else?

This one is making me weak in the knees...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/nukemkb/f07497f8.jpg

Brian, could you recommend a material that would look similar to this (red tortoise)even if it were another material like lucite or even something else?

Not really. It's awfully unique. Red but translucent. I don't have an alternative to it, and it can't be production - just custom.

This one is making me weak in the knees...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/nukemkb/f07497f8.jpg

oh. one of the most gorgeous I've ever seen.

I'm definitely in if this material is chosen.

Brian. what's this material ? and do you have enough stock of this for our pen project?

Brian, can you come up with a selection of acrylic and ebonite that are good sellers on the Pearl? Since it's not a custom pen, maybe we should focus on finding one acrylic and one ebonite choice with a wide enough appeal to garner 35 buyers.

That's not a comment on any of the suggestions above. Just a worry that if people start lobbying for their individual favorites this early, it could get unwieldy.

I will try to post some suggestions too. :)

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/DSCN0001/1020266851_fJipd-M-1.jpg

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/DSCN0005/1020301471_3ckmL-M-1.jpg

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/i-6tQcvSp/0/M/IMG7172-M.jpg

Edited by Bullwinkle

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

post-37808-0-95584900-1330484503.jpg

never seen these kind of colors used on the pen...

speechless..................[

Is that ebonite? It somehow appears to have that quality. If it is and it's available in quantity, I could imagine wanting an ebonite Pearl.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Brian, can you come up with a selection of acrylic and ebonite that are good sellers on the Pearl? Since it's not a custom pen, maybe we should focus on finding one acrylic and one ebonite choice with a wide enough appeal to garner 35 buyers.

That's not a comment on any of the suggestions above. Just a worry that if people start lobbying for their individual favorites this early, it could get unwieldy.

I will try to post some suggestions too. :)

I do have 3-4 materials in mind already that I'm already considering for this. I'll be watching this threads for additional suggestions.

But nothing is set in stone.

Sometime next week (probably Monday), I'll start a poll with 4-5 materials. I'll make sure that all of them will be great candidates.

I won't be picking anything wacky or outlandish. All will be chosen for their mass appeal.

And there will be at least one that no one has seen before and that I absolutely love....so there will be a very nice material that I have not used before, but I've been wanting to badly...

Now all this being said, I'll add whatever comments are needed here, and I'll pay close attention to what you guys are thinking would make a great pen.

post-37808-0-95584900-1330484503.jpg

never seen these kind of colors used on the pen...

speechless..................[

This is a nice Blue/Beige ebonite, but it can't be production.

It's VERY expensive, the supplier probably couldn't get all that I would need, and comes in too short of lengths for production.