Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Parker Duofold Centennial Pinstripe - Navy
Posted 25 February 2012 - 22:44
The pen came in an outstanding wood display box that is capable of holding 4 pens. I don't have pictures of the box because it is sitting on my desk at work.
The pen itself is very nice. The Navy acrylic with light gray and white pinstripes look very nice with the platinum accents. The centennial size is perfect for my grip and writing style. I typically don't post the cap when I write as the balance typically gets terribly screwed up (for me) when a cap is posted. This pen is not near as bad as some, but for me, when the cap is posted, the balance shifts too far back and writing becomes a little awkward. Without the cap posted though, the pen balances amazingly.
The pen came with a Medium stub nib ground by Mike Masuyama. This is the first Mike-it-work nib I've owned, but it certainly won't be the last. The pen is tuned perfectly, writes fairly wet with great line variation, and is butter smooth. I can't say enough how much I love this nib!
Overall, I give this pen a 9/10 and it will be my new everyday pen. If the pen balanced well with the cap posted it would be a 10/10.
Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:24
No this is a really nice pen!!!
Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:57
Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:32
FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy
* Please check out my current pen listings *
Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:02
Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:46
If I had one then I'd have to go to the tailor and get a matching suit.
Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:12
Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:48
Shotokan Karate: Respect, Etiquette, Discipline, Perseverance
Posted 28 February 2012 - 20:17
I own an Chocolate Pinstripe Centennial with a standard Medium nib which I ground to a Fine stub.
At the moment it's filled up with Penman mocca Ink.