When Late Nights Meet Catfish

the flexistentialist

It is official then, in thanks for the awesome posts here I will have wallpaper/screensaver versions up by end of day Friday and the three "cards" stuck in my head should make it to paper by the end of the weekend.

To those "enablers" offering ink - the offer itself was enough to have me smiling all day. Thank you so much!!!

the flexistentialist

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the flexistentialist

• inkstainedruth

• htom

• GemMayhem

Noodler's Tarot Cards! What will the future hold for you? Permanently ink stained hands? Wild blue yonders? A rainbow of cornucopia of rainbows? You will meet a short dark bottle of ink?

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Noodler's Tarot Cards! What will the future hold for you? Permanently ink stained hands? Wild blue yonders? A rainbow of cornucopia of rainbows? You will meet a short dark bottle of ink?

Oh that is seriously wrong... but somehow so right! (If someone does a set of these I WANT them!) :notworthy1:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Oh so many images popping into my head. I can already see the Major Catfish Arcana and the four suits of the lower cards... I would think any fortune coming from those cards would be rather... fishy, though. (Couldn't help myself)

78 cards would make for quite the project... and I am very easily amused.

That's something worth a ponder.

Working on the screen-savers now. Hoping to have something up rather quickly.

You should probably put us on a diet, one a week or month or so. You could do illustrations of scenes from some books, too. The Wind in the Willows has a texture that would go well with pen and ink. Mole and Ratty in the boat on the river, ....

The Noodlers' Tarot! Inspired! " Major Catfish Arcana " --- can't wait. This salon is gathering members quickly.

I LOVE flexistentialist art! :clap1:

Oh that is seriously wrong... but somehow so right! (If someone does a set of these I WANT them!) :notworthy1:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Love this art. Thanks for sharing it. I'll be waiting for the screensavers to appear.

When you have pen and ink, every problem needs a piece of paper.

Oh so many images popping into my head. I can already see the Major Catfish Arcana and the four suits of the lower cards... I would think any fortune coming from those cards would be rather... fishy, though. (Couldn't help myself)

78 cards would make for quite the project... and I am very easily amused.

That's something worth a ponder.

Working on the screen-savers now. Hoping to have something up rather quickly.

Oooh, I would love to see a set of tarot cards! What would your suits be? Pens, nibs, inkwells, and paper??

I look forward to seeing whatever results next from your noodling around!

Okay, here are the 1280 x 1024 sized cards for the letter carrier, the note-taker, the line-driver and the swashbuckler.

I should be posting the wide-screen versions momentarily. Let me know your thoughts.

(the "hand-written" subtitles were typed in a font based off of Lord Byron's handwriting - my own script didn't scan as well as I had hoped, may fix that in the future)

katkat42 - that's very close to what I had in mind, actually: coins become ink splots, swords become pens (they're mightier anyway), cups become bottles of ink and wands (batons) were going to become letters just for the glorious puns they were already forming in my head.

All I have to do to be in a good mood the rest of the day is visit this topic. Thanks all!

the flexistentialist

post-73614-0-15856500-1330627206.jpg

post-73614-0-12195100-1330627215.jpg

post-73614-0-52292300-1330627225.jpg

post-73614-0-67555100-1330627237.jpg

An interesting dilemma, I believe I have run out of attachment space...

:headsmack:

(well that's a bit embarrassing)

um....

???

the flexistentialist

You are SO TALENTED!

I love these!

P.S. Maybe you could get a free flickr account? Or a picasa web album which is connected to gmail? I use both.

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

If this works, I'll be a very happy person (fingers crossed)...

fpn_1330628763__catfishwallpaperscarrier1440x900.jpg

fpn_1330628846__catfishwallpaperscomposer1440x900.jpg

fpn_1330628932__catfishwallpapersliner1440x900.jpg

fpn_1330628899__catfishwallpapersswash1440x900.jpg

Hot diggity! My new favorite button in the universe is the upload button. :)

Here are the widescreen versions – 1440 x 900.

the flexistentialist

Wow!!! Are these ever nice!!!:notworthy1: You are very talented!

François (Frank) P.

Currently inked: Parker 51/Quink Blue-Black; TWSBI 580 1.1mm/Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses.

Wow! Do these every look great on my screen!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing these. :notworthy1: The more I look at them, the more I see, the more I giggle. :ltcapd:

These are priceless. And you are genius! :notworthy1:

Beautiful and astonishing. Your designs and sense of proportion astound me.

Ryan.

Goodness. :vbg:

I'm glad the screensavers are working out. This thread has given me all sorts of ideas to keep me busy — and in my book, busy is good. Thanks all!

htom – I haven't thought much of illustrating books already in existence, there's something so lovely and nostalgic about the styles used in say, winnie the pooh, the wind in the willows and such, that whatever I did would never compare in my book. But… I did have a very tongue-in-cheek story/series in my head that I've been trying to get out. It would be a cross between a comic book and a Victorian journal crossed with the style I used for my swashbuckling catfish. Synopsis: The year would be 1904 and the Widow Esterbrook along with other members of the local calligraphy society (Lord Palmer and Mr. Spencer) discover a way to turn their penmanship into super powers (duh duh DUH). There are steampunk elements and airship pirates (their ship, the Pelican, is one of my favorite sketches) and an evil mastermind bordering on Moriarty with a back slanted d. It's been in my head for about a year, but is still fighting to get out.

While that percolates a bit more, I have some more catfish swimming around.

the flexistentialist

You good lady are skilled, thanks for sharing :)

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

htom – [...] I did have a very tongue-in-cheek story/series in my head that I've been trying to get out. It would be a cross between a comic book and a Victorian journal crossed with the style I used for my swashbuckling catfish. [...] It's been in my head for about a year, but is still fighting to get out.

While that percolates a bit more, I have some more catfish swimming around.

the flexistentialist

I guess I'll just have to wait, and I'll so so eagerly wanting.