Italian Beauties From La Show

daynix

Here are three beauties that I purchased/traded for from a fellow FPN member at the LA show this weekend - an Omas Lucens in burgandy marble, an Ercolessi (Safis, I believe) and one without a name. Consider the pics - all are beautiful.

1. The Ercolessi is discolored, but has ambered in such a way as to enhance its attraction. It has a Conklin style lever (with little tabs inside) and like conklin levers, this one is missing a tab, and the long lever bar inside the pen. What do you think - a J-bar - I'm not sure about using one on this pen.

3. The Lucens needed some cleaning, but with ink removed, there is some clarity in the barrel, mostly at the piston end.

2. The blue vac style pen was at some point in its life a piston filler - its been converted to a button fill - but it still has the nicely visulated blue striations that are very visible once the sac is removed. The nib has a large "R" (regent?) on it. This is actually my favorite of the three - I've had a green Ancora that looked almost identical to this pen.

All are new favorites in my collection.

Dayne

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daynix

• sanpei

• Ambros

• zanio

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Pen Dayne..

The blu vac style could be an ANCORA.

Are there numbers on barrel ar at the end of the pen?

ANCORA made some items without logo for commercial use:

B)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/loufabba/ANCORA/ANCORA_1-1.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/loufabba/ANCORA/ANCORA_6-1.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/loufabba/ANCORA/ANCORA_2-1.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/loufabba/ANCORA/ANCORA_3-1.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/loufabba/ANCORA/ANCORA_4-1.jpg

Great Pen Dayne..

Fabio, haven't we seen that logo before and wasn't there some discussion about it? I cannot remember what it stood for, where's Paolo, where's Ambros? :D

----

Nice haul daynix. I like that first version Lucens. Is it red? It appears that way. I want a vintage red Omas. :crybaby: (Yes, Fabio, I know you have some already.)

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

OUSTANDING :thumbup: :puddle:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Great Pen Dayne..

Fabio, haven't we seen that logo before and wasn't there some discussion about it? I cannot remember what it stood for, where's Paolo, where's Ambros? :D

----

Nice haul daynix. I like that first version Lucens. Is it red? It appears that way. I want a vintage red Omas. :crybaby: (Yes, Fabio, I know you have some already.)

Yes - the Omas Lucens is a burgandy model - very beautiful color. I'll have to check to see if the blue striated has a number on the end - I don't remember seeing one.

Dayne

Stunning trio,

the Omas Lucens in red is not so easy to see even in Italy,

R nib should be a Rapid, Ancora's subbrand.

Do you have vintage AURORA or WILLIAMSON,

italian WWII militaria for sale or trade? Please contact me.

Looking for 1950'S AURORA 88?

Other vintage italian pens?

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a624/z900it/zona900eb_zpsc3413dc2.jpgHere's the Answer! www.zona900.com

Stunning trio,

Thanks for the info - makes complete sense as it does look very much like an Ancora! The nib has some letters under the stylized R - Not all are visible, "_OJA LITA_"

Dayne

Stunning trio,

Thanks for the info - makes complete sense as it does look very much like an Ancora! The nib has some letters under the stylized R - Not all are visible, "_OJA LITA_"

Should be (1a qualità) => (first quality)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a624/z900it/zona900eb_zpsc3413dc2.jpgHere's the Answer! www.zona900.com

Great pens.

I do believe the third one to be Ancora production, Maxima model.

I can see something written on the barrel (first picture). Could it be "Mastilo" ?

Ancora, and not only Ancora, made pens for Mastilo.

As I remember, I have never seen nibs marked Mastilo.

Great pens.

I do believe the third one to be Ancora production, Maxima model.

I can see something written on the barrel (first picture). Could it be "Mastilo" ?

Ancora, and not only Ancora, made pens for Mastilo.

As I remember, I have never seen nibs marked Mastilo.

Actually - yes, it says Mastilo Fountain Pen - the inscription is a little weak, as are the letters on the nib - the 1st is gone, but now that I know it's Qualita, I can see it. Is Mastilo a company?

Dayne

Actually - yes, it says Mastilo Fountain Pen - the inscription is a little weak, as are the letters on the nib - the 1st is gone, but now that I know it's Qualita, I can see it. Is Mastilo a company?

Sorry, I know nothing about Mastilo.

I can only guess it was a shop which commissioned pens to other pen companies.

I have only seen high quality pens carrying the Mastilo name.

The red lucens should ?be one of the first made, as the blind cap and the top of the cap are black vs marbled.

Very nice catch, even if the caplip looks a little shaved down

Edited by roberto v

The red lucens should ?be one of the first made, as the blind cap and the top of the cap are black vs marbled.

Very nice catch, even if the caplip looks a little shaved down

Thanks for the information about the pen, didn't know about early nature of the pen - you are right about the cap lip - it looks ok, but is noticable when situated next to another pen. But still - a beautiful pen! Thanks!!!

Dayne

I have a further question about the OMAS - the inscription below the clip has some wording that is difficult to read, printed within an oval:

CORE_ _ _

ACCOS _ _ _ O

ROMA

The A on ROMA is pretty faded, but I assume that's what it is. The O at the end of ACCOS _ _ _ is also hard to decipher.

Thanks for any information.

Dayne

I have a further question about the OMAS - the inscription below the clip has some wording that is difficult to read, printed within an oval:

CORE_ _ _

ACCOS _ _ _ O

ROMA

The A on ROMA is pretty faded, but I assume that's what it is. The O at the end of ACCOS _ _ _ is also hard to decipher.

Thanks for any information.

CORRADO

ACCOSSANO

ROMA

Was a pen shop in Rome, is quite common find vintage Omas, (many models up to sixties ones),

with this engraving.

Beautiful pens! :thumbup:

Your Ma-stilo pen is quite an Ancora Maxima,

and was made for "Ubaldo Massari, via Roma 16, Torino"!

The nib is a Rapid nib, an Ancora sub-brand.

fpn_1330261056__ancoramastilomaximaa1.jpg

fpn_1330261112__ancoramastilomaximaa2.jpg

fpn_1330261175__ancoramastilomaximaa4.jpg

:puddle:

Very tempting ! Nice pens.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/petitdauphinzele/midnightblue-1.png

aka Petitdauphinzele

Your Ercolessi pen is a Radius production,

in a big size, and in a beautiful color. :thumbup:

Radius produced those big pens for itself,

for Ercolessi, for The Scotland Pens, and for others...

fpn_1330270114__radiusercolessia1.jpg

fpn_1330270159__radiusercolessia2.jpg

fpn_1330270208__radiusercolessia3.jpg