The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ouch... My Ahab Just Bit Me...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 777

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 19:54

Well, I've got a nice cut on the side of my finger now. Posted Image

I think I angered my Ahab. I put "that ink which we do not speak of" into it, and it really hated the ink, and me for doing that.

I was getting sick of it's lousy performance and temper-tantrums, so I decided to flush and re-ink.

Whilst flushing it, the side of the nib, those nice and sharp shoulders, cut my thumb. I had one heck of a time flushing it. Almost permanently stained my sink too...

I put it back together. Re-inked with Noodlers black. Like a new pen now. :)

But my wound still remains. I shall vow to never feed my Ahab a nasty ink again. Sorry Ahab...

Anyone else ever gotten bit by their pens? I've had plenty of clients pen try and spear my hand before, many with great success... Posted Image

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

Posted Image

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Sponsored Content

#2 Fabienne

Fabienne

Et nunc, aliquid plene diversum!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 20:02

You got harpooned.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

#3 StyloBug33

StyloBug33

Paper Junkie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 20:03

I once got stabbed in the hand with a Lamy Safari. I had a tattoo of sorts on my palm. It hurt like heck, but fortunately the American blue ink was not toxic.

Edited by StyloBug33, 16 February 2012 - 20:04.

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
-Bill Waterson

#4 Fabienne

Fabienne

Et nunc, aliquid plene diversum!

• Member - Gold

• 2,765 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 20:21

Yea, that is my first and last tattoo, I was stabbed in the finger by a crowquill loaded with India ink. Still there!

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

#5 subbes

subbes

Vintage flex junkie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 20:30

Hm, there's an opening for the enterprising tattoo artist; BSB tattoos.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

Posted Image

#6 Ex Ballpoint User

Ex Ballpoint User

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 21:12

Well then... I guess I won't be letting any writing instruments into my padded room! You're talking to the guy who cut off a part of his finger pad taking out the rubbish (something sharp inside...)

#7 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 21:50

Could be worse, remember who it's named after...

#8 angelofmusic81

angelofmusic81

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 13:37

My husband had a little Noodler's Black tattoo for a good long time after a fight with a pen. I laughed at him until I ended up with BSB all over my hands after an angry exchange with my Preppy Eyedropper and ended up being called "Smurf" for several days until I finally got it off. These inks don't play!

#9 andybiotic

andybiotic

Check out my 14K flexible...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 16:16

Just like me when someone give me coke zero instead of regular coke! and that goes for diet coke and any other coke flavors as well!

I am a one ink pen, I only work with regular coke in me! :roflmho:
Posted Image

#10 NABodie

NABodie

Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• 2,105 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 17:19

I've stabbed myself several times, usually with 51's.

#11 Grendel

Grendel

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 21:39

Heh, BSB is far away from nasty -- try Chesterfield Archival Vault :P Great ink but the sample I have precipitates like crazy, wouldn't dare to put it into something else I can't as easily clean as an Ahab... BSB cleans up nicely w/ a bit of bleach. How in the world did you get cut when flushing ? Trying to remove the nib and the pen hold on to it ?

Edited by Grendel, 17 February 2012 - 21:40.

#12 777

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 23:54

Heh, BSB is far away from nasty -- try Chesterfield Archival Vault :P Great ink but the sample I have precipitates like crazy, wouldn't dare to put it into something else I can't as easily clean as an Ahab... BSB cleans up nicely w/ a bit of bleach. How in the world did you get cut when flushing ? Trying to remove the nib and the pen hold on to it ?

You ever had it, where you're holding something, and suddenly, your fingers and the object just explode? Not literally of coruse, but they explode with movement.

That happened. I twitched I guess. :) While holding the nib.

Gave me a no-joking 1.5" gash on my thumb. Luckily the deep part was only about 1/4" long.

I feel stuuupid... Posted Image

Posted Image

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

#13 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:08

Hehehe, my Ahab loves BSB. Works like a dream. Sorry about your cut though.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

#14 subbes

subbes

Vintage flex junkie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:41

You ever had it, where you're holding something, and suddenly, your fingers and the object just explode?

Honestly? No.

Maybe you should get that checked out. You might be turning into a werewolf or a zombie.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

Posted Image

#15 777

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:13

You ever had it, where you're holding something, and suddenly, your fingers and the object just explode?

Honestly? No.

Maybe you should get that checked out. You might be turning into a werewolf or a zombie.

Haha - now that I have *that ink which we don't speak of* in my bloodstream, I'm sure to turn into something nasty. :)

An ink-zombie!

Posted Image

#16 pw1224

pw1224

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:23

Honestly? No.

So, uh, you're a fictional character, eh?

#17 asaha

asaha

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:09

More than ten years ago, I got stabbed on my right hand by my classmate with a fountain pen. After reading your post, I checked my hand and the tattoo dot is still there. :roflmho:

Edited by asaha, 18 February 2012 - 05:10.

#18 tanalasta

tanalasta

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:36

Well ...

I did once ... without taking too much care - press hard on the nib end of a Pilot VP which was exposed rather than the click end. That hurt!
But it didn't bite me as hard as your ahab did!
In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)
In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

#19 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 16:16

[/quote]You ever had it, where you're holding something, and suddenly, your fingers and the object just explode? Not literally of coruse, but they explode with movement.That happened. I twitched I guess. :) While holding the nib.Gave me a no-joking 1.5" gash on my thumb. Luckily the deep part was only about 1/4" long.I feel stuuupid... Posted Image
[/quote]

Not with a pen...

When I was a teenager my parents wanted me to trim the carpet in my sister's room as I was getting ready to go out. I was rushing with my pocket knife when there was sudden movement. I'd cut the carpet. Pity the tip of my thumb was in the way. Lots of blood.
Fortunately the next door neighbor was the family doctor. He though that stitches wouldn't work and to just use Neosporin and bandaids. I don't even have a scar.

The "Tattoo" I've got from a pencil is another matter.

Sponsored Content

|