The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Bestest, Fastest, Smoothest Fine Point?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hobiwan

Hobiwan

All I ever wanted was a nice pen to write with...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:07

Since I started out as a kid writing with a 2668 medium, I've kinda stuck with mediums all these years. OK, so I'm a Taurus and not used to changing my ways easily. But lately I've decided to try out Fine for a change.

So I'm asking you "fine-pointers" out there, which of the Esty fine nibs you think is the best. I write with a light, fairly fast hand, so I need something smooth enough and flowy(?) enough to not skip or hiccup when I make sweeping, fancy pretentious swirlys in my writing.

I know, I should try them all, but I don't have a lot of time for experimentation (lame excuse for being lazy). B)

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

Sponsored Content

#2 Nonsensical

Nonsensical

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:45

My favourite would have to be the 9556, but that's on regular paper. On really smooth paper, I prefer a little more tooth, so I like my 2556 nib on Rhodia paper. I'm a fan of finer nibs, but the 9550 just doesn't do it for me, I don't know why. It doesn't feel smooth, or nice or catch my attention.

#3 Sholom

Sholom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 19:09

Agree with the 9556 recommendation, and I also like my 9450.

#4 Hobiwan

Hobiwan

All I ever wanted was a nice pen to write with...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:55

Thanks, guys. 9556 is where I'll start.

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

Sponsored Content

|