I currently have 6:

530 clear (medium)

530 orange (fine)

540 clear (broad)

540 ROC (medium)

540 Smoke (fine)

540 Blue (medium)

I also have a spare broad nib and a 1.1 italic nib

I will be adding a Vac and a Mini when available. Will consider the Micarta, but I'm not yet sold on it. I need to read more hype before I jump on that bandwagon :roflmho:

Btw it's a ROC 100, not a 540 ROC--you wouldn't call a BMW 335 a BMW 750 wouldcha?

Isn't it a 540 ROC 100? I don't have mine with me (it's at work), but I think it carries the 540 designation as well as the ROC 100 one. I see "ROC 100" as basically the color descriptor (like "smoke" or "amber").

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy James

• mcnoodle

• sheehmi

• Laura N

I currently have 6:

530 clear (medium)

530 orange (fine)

540 clear (broad)

540 ROC (medium)

540 Smoke (fine)

540 Blue (medium)

I also have a spare broad nib and a 1.1 italic nib

I will be adding a Vac and a Mini when available. Will consider the Micarta, but I'm not yet sold on it. I need to read more hype before I jump on that bandwagon :roflmho:

Btw it's a ROC 100, not a 540 ROC--you wouldn't call a BMW 335 a BMW 750 wouldcha?

Isn't it a 540 ROC 100? I don't have mine with me (it's at work), but I think it carries the 540 designation as well as the ROC 100 one. I see "ROC 100" as basically the color descriptor (like "smoke" or "amber").

Well it's technically a Twsbi Diamond 540 ROC 100, but known as the Roc 100 to distinguish it as a special edition separate and apart from the other 540s, in my world anyway

Alas, I only own one TWSBI. It's a 540 - Sapphire Blue (fine). I am tempted to order another in Smoke.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

I have a clear 530 fine nib filled with R&K Cassia.

I have a second 530 fine in green that I haven't used yet because I can't decide if I want to keep it or try to sell/trade for a different color.

Sometime this year I hope to get a Mini, maybe two if it comes in colors I like, and a 1.1 stub nib.

Don't tell Lloyd, but I have three 530's, three 540's, one Venezia, and six bottles.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Don't tell Lloyd, but I have three 530's, three 540's, one Venezia, and six bottles.

At first, I thought you wrote

... but I have 530 540's,
! Now, THAT would be too many even by your standards.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Alas, I only own one TWSBI. It's a 540 - Sapphire Blue (fine). I am tempted to order another in Smoke.

You will love the 540 in Smoke with an EF nib

Squatola.

ZipidyDoDah.

I've managed so far to avoid becoming infected. ;)

Part of it is I've never been takin' with big-o-honkin' pens. I have a Pelikan Baby Ocean Blue M600 Demo and that's really at the large end of my pen sizing preference.

While I like my Pel, it's also that I'm not totally blown away with it's styling. I get it. (that type of styling) It's ok. My skirt just doesn't get blown up by it. I see the Twsbi lookswise as just a larger M-600. I wanted a Levenger Sheaffer Connoisseur in Blue too. But not after I got my Baby Ocean Blue, they were just too much like each other. My Pel's got a Masuyama CI in it. There's not a Twsbi on the planet that'll write better than it does. So, my major unanswered question under the Twsbi 530/540 column would just be "why?".

That being said, I am in awe of the job Speedy has done with it. He sure has my respect for a great job on some wonderful pens. It's fantastic that he worked so closely with the community in it's design. I am genuinely very impressed.

I will admit in a heartbeat to having entered The FP Geeks give away for the Vac, but generally, for the Twsbis, I just haven't shifted into got to have one mode.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-haven't shifted Yet

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

Squatola.

ZipidyDoDah.

Part of it is I've never been takin' with big-o-honkin' pens. I have a Pelikan Baby Ocean Blue M600 Demo and that's really at the large end of my pen sizing preference.

While I like my Pel, it's also that I'm not totally blown away with it's styling. I get it. (that type of styling) It's ok. My skirt just doesn't get blown up by it. I see the Twsbi lookswise as just a larger M-600. I wanted a Levenger Sheaffer Connoisseur in Blue too. But not after I got my Baby Ocean Blue, they were just too much like each other. My Pel's got a Masuyama CI in it. There's not a Twsbi on the planet that'll write better than it does. So, my major unanswered question under the Twsbi 530/540 column would just be "why?".

That being said, I am in awe of the job Speedy has done with it. He sure has my respect for a great job on some wonderful pens. It's fantastic that he worked so closely with the community in it's design. I am genuinely very impressed.

I will admit in a heartbeat to having entered The FP Geeks give away for the Vac, but generally, for the Twsbis, I just haven't shifted into got to have one mode.

OK, you are now forever forbidden from having a TWSBI 530 or 540. It has been duly recorded, this 17th day of February, in the year 2012. Violation will be dealt with swiftly. So say we all.

Bruce- Have you tried to COMPLETELY disassemble your Pel for maintenence? It's simple with the TWSBI.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Hey, guys! Please don't start with exploding pumpkin videos on this thread, O.K.? :roflmho: :ltcapd:

Anyway, I have 4 530s and 2 540s.

TWSBI is my go-to pen.

• it's substantial
  • it's not so expensive that if I lose or injure it I am going to want to shoot myself but it was enough so that I don't treat it like a door prize
  • If anything goes wrong, it's modular so I can get spare parts
  • I can change the nib to any size I want
  • The ink capacity is outstanding
  • It writes every time no skipping or coaxing, just pure writing fun
  • It is clear so I can see when I am about ready to run out of ink
  • It's not too heavy
  • It's not too light
  • It looks great, I have gotten compliments on it
  • The nibs are smooth right out of the box
  • It is carried by just about every reputable pen store
  • The perfect size even for a little person like me.
  • Tested it against my husband's MB149---it passed with flying colors
  • If you want to change ink colors, that's easy

Other than that, what's to like?

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Discovered this pen just a few days ago and I think that is just WONDERFUL. Your comments are making me impatient to have it in my collection, and probably it will become my everyday pen. I'm so sad that only a webshop here has it, and I've to wait the end of february to order it. I will surely buy it with a M nib and a stub (don't know if 1.1 or 1.5).

Obviously I'm also falling in love of Precision mechanical pencil, but here in Italy nobody knows anything about it ...

Squatola.

ZipidyDoDah.

I respect your firmness. I never wanted one either. I have small hands and don't like big pens; I don't need the ink capacity; and I don't like demonstrators.

But the colored 540s came out, and I took a flyer. It's not a big pen in use: it's no bigger than the Safari, and no heavier if you write unposted* like me. The 1.1 stub is wonderfully smooth, really much more than you'd expect for the price. The pen works beautifully. Because of its reasonable price, I don't worry about it. Finally, I had a chance to experience their wonderful service, and I honestly would buy more just for that.

Those are my "why"s. But don't let that sway you. It's always better not to buy something.

-Laura

*If this word or its opposite sets anyone off, please ignore it. Some people like it posted. So it's really nice that everyone can enjoy something different about the pen.

Bruce- Have you tried to COMPLETELY disassemble your Pel for maintenence? It's simple with the TWSBI.

I can easily remove then nib from my Pel to lube the piston in that rarest occasion that it needs it.

What other maintenance would I need on a properly designed and constructed pen that doesn't have leaking seals or other parts that need replacing? :hmm1:

You'll note (again) that one of the main reasons I don't have one doesn't have anything to do with the Twsbi per se, that being that it's just too much (to me) like another pen I already have (the Pel). This of course Doesn't stop me from gladly recommending it in the great pen for (about)$50 category to others.

I will say that the recent additions of the Ti and Flex nibs have more piqued my Tswbi interest.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

I can easily remove then nib from my Pel to lube the piston in that rarest occasion that it needs it.

What other maintenance would I need on a properly designed and constructed pen that doesn't have leaking seals or other parts that need replacing? :hmm1:

You'll note (again) that one of the main reasons I don't have one doesn't have anything to do with the Twsbi per se, that being that it's just too much (too me) like another pen I already have (the Pel). This of course Doesn't stop me from gladly recommending it in the great pen for (about)$50 category to others.

I will say that the recent additions of the Ti and Flex nibs have more piqued my Tswbi interest.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Bruce,

I wonder how you would feel if you'd had a blue TWSBI 540 first, then been handed your Pel? My Pelikans are all M2xx series, all the demo colors. Next to the TWSBIs, they feel lightweight and, actually, cheap. Granted, I don't have a M600, so it may have a totally different feel than the M200s. I love my colorful Pelikans, but I actually can't see using them again (which may mean it's time to let them go to a new home).

Of course, as you can tell, I don't have a problem with many pens from different makers that actually look similar.

Side note: for the Pel maintenance issue, I used one of those really bright Noodlers Singapore series inks in my anthracite M200. One of these years, I'm going to have to figure out how to take the pen apart to clean it, or it will have hot pink in it forever! :sick:

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

I have a Pelikan M400 which feels feather light in any circumstance (it's a White Tortoise). The TWSBI feels a tad heavier for sure. The "quality feel" of it really stands up to just about all of the high end pens I have written with.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Hey, guys! Please don't start with exploding pumpkin videos on this thread, O.K.? :roflmho: :ltcapd:

Anyway, I have 4 530s and 2 540s.

Nah, we're good. I finally got him squared away in that last go around. :bunny01: