• Morgan
    • Stilwell
    • Del Coronado
    • Pearlette
    • Glenmont
    • Mina
    • Extended Mina
    • Gem

What happened to Trillium? Is he out of the picture now?

It seems like this all got moved in a new direction without his fact-finding being completed.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• Jimmy James

• Trillium

• Namo

What happened to Trillium? Is he out of the picture now?

It seems like this all got moved in a new direction without his fact-finding being completed.

You're right. I just jumped in. Got excited about Edisons. I do the same thing at work. I'll mellow and let him do his thing.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this. Just curious. This is unofficial.

Hi guys, Im back, work has kept me extremely busy the past several days.

Hey... Im thrilled at the enthusiasm shown for Mr. Grays pens here. Yup, a few comments have left me shaking my head, sure, but the purpose of the OP has been fulfilled. It was to see if there was sufficient interest in doing an Edison Group Buy... and obviously, there is.

My toes are just fine heraclitus682 :) as we discussed between us, there has always been the recognition of the need for someone well known on FPN to "run with this ball" and from what I understand, our quarterback is now in uniform! I am thrilled with the way this is going.

Ya beat me to the poll, but really, the data I had amassed showed that the leader was an Ebonite Bulb Filled Pearl. I just have to wonder how many of those would actually have been ordered.

... And to Mr.Gray, I apologize for you being dragged into this sideways. I never meant to "blindside you" it was my intent to gather the info before contacting you, past your willingness to do a group buy... I did not intend for you to have to deal with this at this stage. My naivette. At least it is warming to see how fast the line has formed eh?

Please continue onward , hearclitus. You are doing a fantastic job moving this forward, alot has transpired since I last read the thread, and I am excited about the changes. Let us consider your poll official!

Edited by Trillium

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this. Just curious. This is unofficial.

I don't mean to interfere, but there is no mention of the regular Herald (or did I miss something?) May I add that a multiple choice poll would be nice (i.e. you can cast two, three votes - I for one might not interested in one model only).

I still don't know what is my real interest in getting a new Edison this way, but anyway, thaks for taking all the time an giving all the work for this!!:notworthy1:

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

The Herald isn't listed because as of the very recent past it is now a production line pen. One of the first things Trilium found out from Brian, it seems, is that group buys on production pens probably won't be happening because of the agreements in place with the distributors of the production models. I think the larger Herald is still signature and is therefore still a possibility.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Dang, you're fast Jimmy James. Even typing fast (for me) you beat me to it.

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

The idea of avoiding production models was mine. It was meant to be a respectful gesture to those carrying the production models.

Oh, well then. I think the idea is a solid one, but I guess if everybody wants a Herald perhaps it could happen after all. As for me, I'm actually getting more and more into the idea of a group buy Pearlette.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Oh, well then. I think the idea is a solid one, but I guess if everybody wants a Herald perhaps it could happen after all. As for me, I'm actually getting more and more into the idea of a group buy Pearlette.

I am hoping the Pearlette come out ahead too. Seems like a great pen to carry to work everyday.

I think a multiple choice poll is essential.

In addition to serving us, the polled, it might be good to give Brian (if this works out, and that time comes) two or three options, because one or the other might be better suited for a mass order.

(And also, I can't pick just one.)

-eo

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. --Albert Einstein

We are speculating that bulb fillers and overlay pens are not good for mass orders. It is difficult for me to contemplate why other pens would be bad for mass orders, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

We are speculating that bulb fillers and overlay pens are not good for mass orders. It is difficult for me to contemplate why other pens would be bad for mass orders, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I know the celluloid is limited and sometimes some of the ebonite but I don't see why the acrylic would be. Of course we'll get Brian's input on materials.

Looks like the voting is slowin down.....

I cant wait to see the next poll!

Edited by Trillium

Looks like the Pearl is the winner and there is no need to do another poll--it has nearly twice the support as any other model (and for disclosure I did not vote for it nor do I plan to partake in the group buy)

May I suggest a model pool keeping just the three top models of this pool? See how people who voted for another model than the Pearl would vote? (I am sorry if I interfere, all the more since I am still unsure about actuallly getting another Edison this way - please, if so, fell free to delete/report)

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Yes, re-take the poll with the top three pens only. Those that chose the pens with the fewest votes aren't likely to participate in the group buy since their pen ulitmatly wasn't chosen. This way those still interested can vote again and a choice can be made that the majority agree on. I for one would buy any of the top three even though I already have two of the three in my collection and one of those three I have in three variations.