A Product To Erase All Ink

InKase

Greetings my fellow fountain pen lovers!

Is erasing ink an important issue for you guys?

If so, would you guys be interested in purchasing a product that can erase all inks from all surfaces including multicolored paper?

Thank you,

InKase

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raging.dragon

• Scrawler

• SamCapote

• dcwaites

Top Posters In This Topic

If so, would you guys be interested in purchasing a product that can erase all inks from all surfaces including multicolored paper?

Thank you,

InKase

How well does that work with HoD? If it does then I definitely want some.

Those of us who have been around a while used ink eradicators decades ago for this, but they disappeared in the 70's or so. The Pirat eradicator is available, but it works with only a few inks (so I've heard).

Personally, I have no need for such a thing, as I want my writing to be permanent. If you were to sell such a product, you've got a lot of testing to do, as there are hundreds of inks on the market. And I would suspect it's going to be hard to remove some inks without damaging the paper.

I have my doubts about a product claiming to remove all inks from all papers without destroying the paper. Good luck with say Noodler's Black on newsprint. There are a variety of archival and fraud resistant inks available which were designed to be unerasable and resiste even using harsh chemical bleaches and solvents.

Thank you,

InKase

We would need a proof of concept, since many of us know that what you suggest is not possible.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Fire? Napalm? C4?

They seem to work pretty well for most people.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

All inks? I await the showdown between "bulletproof" cleaner and bulletproof ink. My money is Nathan. :thumbup:

Some of us pay extra for ink that can't be eradicated.

All inks? I await the showdown between "bulletproof" cleaner and bulletproof ink. My money is Nathan. :thumbup:

Some of us pay extra for ink that can't be eradicated.

I am very keen to see a showdown between this product and a range of inks. In fact I will do it myself. As soon as the OP has arranged a supply of product to be sent to me for review, I will get a range of inks in different colours ready. I suppose every test will have to be done twice, when the ink is fresh and when it has dried for an hour.

In addition to bulletproof and invincible inks, I'd like to see how it handles a traditional high iron gall content ink. Something like the ink pharmacist is making.

Now if the product is something like liquid paper or correction tape which one could write over with fountain pen ink, that would be more interesting.

In addition to bulletproof and invincible inks, I'd like to see how it handles a traditional high iron gall content ink. Something like the ink pharmacist is making.

Now if the product is something like liquid paper or correction tape which one could write over with fountain pen ink, that would be more interesting.

I do not like liquid paper, I want something that disappears the ink and lets me start again. There did used to be a product like that in Germany in the 1960s.

Hard to believe that such a thing could exist, in fact, I doubt that it could be possible.

The concept of ink erasers (most of them these days for Royal Blues) is based on chemical disoxidation. This can function properly, but unfortunately air has some O2. So, with time, ...

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

I do not like liquid paper, I want something that disappears the ink and lets me start again. There did used to be a product like that in Germany in the 1960s.

I was thinking of liquid paper or correcting tape because covering fraud resistant archival inks (i.e. bulletproof, invincible, iron gall, etc.) seems more plausible than erasing them. Now an eraser that worked for most, if not all, regular inks (but not the fraud resistant archival varieties) would still be a useful.

I just find the claim that an eraser could erase all inks, including the fraud resistant archival varieties, pretty hard to believe.

I just find the claim that an eraser could erase all inks, including the fraud resistant archival varieties, pretty hard to believe.

Which is naturally why I am keen to review this putative substance.

Which is naturally why I am keen to review this putative substance.

Yup. I think we're all eagerly awaiting samples to review...:)

Edited by raging.dragon

Bleaching agents will turn Iron-Gall ink a faint beige.

Tucker's reagent will remove any and all bulletproof inks, but does so by removing the paper in the process...

Nothing will remove carbon particle pigment inks, because as far as I know, nothing will dissolve carbon particles.

If you were able to make a workable blend of Iron-Gall, Bulletproof and Carbon inks, I'd like to see something that could remove that without damaging the paper.

Of course, remembering that plain old water will remove any of the above inks before they have dried.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Not enough filled out his survey the first time and he lacks enough results to be statistically significant. This thread could just as well be titled "A cure to end all cancer."

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Bleaching agents will turn Iron-Gall ink a faint beige.

Tucker's reagent will remove any and all bulletproof inks, but does so by removing the paper in the process...

Nothing will remove carbon particle pigment inks, because as far as I know, nothing will dissolve carbon particles.

If you were able to make a workable blend of Iron-Gall, Bulletproof and Carbon inks, I'd like to see something that could remove that without damaging the paper.

Of course, remembering that plain old water will remove any of the above inks before they have dried.

Would Tucker's reagent destroy the paper any less thoroughly than fire? And fire would even burn the carbon pigment!

Edited by raging.dragon