• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kissing

• lisa

• rroossinck

• Nihontochicken

I couldn't locate it searcing on line in Southern California stores either. It might be a very limited loss leader in a specific geographic area.

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

This is a MaxPerks flyer, for associates and friends of OfficeMax. It is not for the general public. I think you'd have to show some sort of card to get the deals listed on this.

That's ok, though....the Phileas kit is only available in Medium nib...I wanted Fine. :D

Wow, kissing, that is outrageous!

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

Holy Moly!

That is some bargain! I wish they would sell FPs at those kind of prices in Australia too :(

(A Waterman Phileas costs a whopping $120 here :blink: :angry: )

US$120 ?

About 15 of us could each buy one, gift them to Kissing, who could sell them Down Under. He would then have round trip plane fare to do a Tour de Pen Shops in the U.S., hauling back all kinds of great bargains. :D

Bill

About 15 of us could each buy one, gift them to Kissing, who could sell them Down Under.  He would then have round trip plane fare to do a Tour de Pen Shops in the U.S., hauling back all kinds of great bargains.  :D

Bill

You'll never teach the kid the value of a buck that way...

Instead, we each buy enough of them for him to make airfare and expenses to the US to say the DC Pen Show or the LA Pen Show (closer to him). HE pays back the money we spent on the pens and has the rest to play with....

YEAH, YEAH, I know... cold hearted Old Griz.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Even my 8 yr old daughter has been taught the value of a buck ;) ;) , not that it has totally sunk in yet :doh: :doh:

Of course, you want to guess who is getting just about everything she asked for at Christmas.... including an Ankh necklace with her name in hieroglyphics on the back

Edited by OldGriz

I just bought a couple of these deals. All I did was print the ad and bring it to the store. They ring it up then use a bar code to get the discount. They didn't ask for a card or a Max perk number.

The first store I went to were out as they said someone came in this morning and bought all they had (6). They were nice enough to call another store who had a couple left and save them for me.

It is a very nice kit, which includes the Pen, converter, 5 cartridges and a 50ml bottle of Waterman Black Ink. All for the incredible price of $9.99.

I would call the stores befoe venturing out to see if they have any in stock.

Bob

Edited by bobioden

Thanks for the tip! I bought the last three in stock to turn friends into FP addicts -- I'm sure there is a 12-step recovery process. Also, picked up the 2GB USB drive for $29 -- another smoking deal.

Thanks again,

Twotone

Indeed, I am a friend of OfficeMax. Thanks for the tip. Bought a Phileas as a gift, and bought some CDs as well. I would have bought the jump drive but they were out.

S

Thanks for the tip!!! I got 2 at one store as that was all they had. I went to another Office Max & bought 2 more. I think that left them with 2 yet to sell. Two will be gifts to others. One is to me from me. :lol: And the last one is to me from someone else :D . *sigh* I HATE shopping but this was well worth the effort!

I got two of 'em...one in Fine, one in Medium. I may never use them with any regularity, but heck, the way I see it, there was $9 worth of ink alone per kit, in the bottle and the 5 cartridges.

The converter sells most places for $6-7, and my 1900 needed a new one. Furthermore, now I finally have a spare for my Pelikan Epoch 360! For those of you who don't believe that this works, I'll take pictures.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Thank you. I was able to pick one up this evening. I just brought in the flier and the clerk didn't seem to care one way or another.

This is the first Waterman fountain pen that I own. I have a couple of Phileas ballpoints that were gifts. I have a Carene Rollerball and a couple of Hemisphere rollerballs that I use regularly. I also have a Phileas pencil for those times when you need to write in pencil.

I know that many people on this board have a Waterman Phileas and recommend it as a great starter pen. I am curious to know if many of you still work it into your rotation, even after accumulating several higher end pens?

I am excited to ink it up and give it a try!

I almost didn't go look. The OfficeMax that is close quit stocking fine pens, and I rarely go shopping there. I already have two blue Phileas fountain pens, and someone wrote that the kit only came in medium point. Finally I decided that if I found the kits I would keep the bottles of ink, and use the pens, converters, and the cartridges with the black or blue ink for presents. The store had two kits. I didn't see anything on the package indicating the pens were medium point. On the way home I decided if they were fine point I would keep them, and give them away if they were medium. I have two new pens...both were fine point.

thanks....ht