Kaweco Calligraphy Set

dizzymizzy

Thanks so much for all that info and a speedy response wastelands....really appreciate that :clap1:

Is anyone able to advise me on this....please?

I love my Kaweco Sport AL FP but also love the Calligraphy set and,as i read that some of the nibs and stuff are interchangeable,is there anyone who can tell me if the calligraphy nibs will fit my Sport AL FP?

Jetpens do replacement nibs for approx 12 dollars and as I only ever use a 1.9 calligraphy nib, I really don't wanna have to use beer money on a complete callig set when I already have my AL Sport.

I would also like if anyone could tell me how to get one in the UK as it costs as much in postage from Jetpens!!

Cheers everyone. :thumbup:

The AL Sport doesn't use the same nib as the other Sports: it uses the same nib as the Liliput, Dia2, etc. It's a screw in nib/feed unit, where the Classic, Ice, and Calligraphy set pens you just pull the nib and feed out.

If you only ever use 1.9, just get a Classic Sport with that nib. The Goulets are clearing those out right now: get one and a fistful of samples to make the shipping worthwhile. If the shipping is still too much, I would recommend a seller on ebay named "gidania"; he's a Kaweco dealer and could probably set you up with something. He's in Germany so the postage would be less for you. His prices are competetive, and he really knows his Kaweco.

No affiliations, etc., blah blah blah.

Edited to paste response after it vanished suddenly.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1point1mm

• dizzymizzy

• gentian

• wastelanded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No worries :thumbup: Kaweco is one of my favourite brands.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Is anyone able to advise me on this....please?

I love my Kaweco Sport AL FP but also love the Calligraphy set and,as i read that some of the nibs and stuff are interchangeable,is there anyone who can tell me if the calligraphy nibs will fit my Sport AL FP?

Jetpens do replacement nibs for approx 12 dollars and as I only ever use a 1.9 calligraphy nib, I really don't wanna have to use beer money on a complete callig set when I already have my AL Sport.

I would also like if anyone could tell me how to get one in the UK as it costs as much in postage from Jetpens!!

Cheers everyone. :thumbup:

Andy's Pens has the Kaweco calligraphy set in white or black - http://www.andys-pens.co.uk/kawecocall.shtml

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I must say that I am impressed with this calligraphy set. I should say I am impressed with the way it performed in the hands of my son who has a very interesting way of writing. I have, with rare exception, never been able to read his handwriting.

I bought the set months ago and intended to use it this summer during some free moments. Time and tide had other plans and it ended up in my son's possession. He decided to use it to personally address his wedding invitations. His fiance (a brave girl in this regard) allowed him the sporting chance to prove himself worthy and I can attest to the fact that both he and the pen set performed admirably. As a matter of fact, the envelopes are stunning and I am impressed beyond words. A combination of his intense effort and the ease with which the pen performed, will be forever inscribed in the annals of huge efforts!

This company produces an awesome product.

I am looking for a calligraphy set at the moment.

My wife bought for a long time ago a set, but the cross strokes aren't that fine.

For Valentines days I got a Lamy Joy, but I am not a friend of the classic looking calligraphy pens with the long tail.

But my wife is happy with it:-)

I like it more like a regular fountain pen.

I will do a little bit more research for this Kaweco one.

Sascha