Pen Brands World Wide maybe you can ad to the list

maxpen

I have a Lexon pen, and don't see that German company on the list.

Great topic!

read, write, grade essays, repeat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RSVP

• toothy

• Roger W.

• handwriter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 others

Park Pen - a 1920s Combo pen manufacturer

Everfill - possibly a one off and subject to a 1950s patent that included a spare glass cartrige inside the cap.

Rolltip - A Swiss or Italian maker from early 60s that combined a Sheaffer style nib and a Parker aerometric style filler.

Here are some I have that I don't see on the list:

Cesare Emiliano (still made)

Dexter (Vintage)

Elgin (Vintage)

Plymouth (Vintage)

Stratford (Vintage)

Tucker Sharpe (Vintage)

-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

A more helpful list would eliminate brands and focus only on manufacturers, with designation for country/region of origin, and years active. Every department store,jeweler, watchmaker, and private retail have sold pens with their names on it. It's likely they all use the same pool of original manufacturers.

Killing me softly with his pen

• 4 weeks later...

Inoxcrom, Spain

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

Hi everyone:

From Argentina, I should like to add three vintage brands:

FEDERAL (lever filler, screw cap, plastic body and cap)

MUÑECA (press-release filler, looked like a slim P51, they had several models) The brand name is the spanish word for "wrist" (also for "doll" but not related). This brand was enormously popular as a student pen in the sixties and early seventies before the P45 took over.

ESCRITOR (button-filler or press-release filler, similar to P51) the brand name is the spanish word for "writer". This brand reached a remarkable quality level. I have a black button filler with gold nib and gold filled cap which is by far the smoothest writer I own.

Unknown origin, I have a pen which is a fake Esterbrook. In the nib, you can read "9550 EASTERBROOK" and in the barrel it has printed "TEXAS fountain pen".

Best wishes.

Tito

Victor, to my knowledge is also a pen and not a company being produced first by Boston Pen Company (different than Boston Fountain Pen Company) and then by Lapham & Bogart.

Roger W.

Lalex

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

• 2 weeks later...

Alibi - pretty red metal fountain pen with rubber bands running around the middle, heavy and good for defensive purposes yet surprisingly well balanced for my small hands, writes well if you tweak the nib, writes better if you switch out the nib and bend it to match the feeder, cost $30+ at the Oakland Museum in California more than a decade ago, held together by superglue, hope, and love. Love my Pelikans but this still draws people's eyes.

METLOR

No information on the pen company but the current Metlor brand name is used by a French precious metals company.

Its a very unusual pen in that it has a very early piston filling mechanism that operates by twisting the end knurled knob.

The feed is just a tube (flexible hard rubber )which brushes up against the nib).

It seems to be an early attempt at modifying a dip pen into a self filler.

Writes very nicely with its tipped nib when you can get the ink to flow correctly

post-35503-127162251215.jpg

Miller - I believe a Danish manufacturer, very strange button fill arrangement I haven't quite figured out yet. High quality manufactured pen

The Metlor above, I own one of, the feed is similar to one patented by Swan in 1879, pen, thanks for that extra bit of info on it.

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

I have recently acquired a very well made Czech manufactured pen from the 30's going under the name Sagitta mod 2012 with a PL in a circle at one end of the name and a triangle in a circle at the other end if this is any clue to anyone.

Blue hatched celluloid, clip very similar to that found on Melbi pens. Piston filler with the entire mechanism made out of brass and aluminium!

14kt Warranted nib.

Edited by rhosygell

Iechyd da pob Cymro

I have recently acquired a very well made Czech manufactured pen from the 30's going under the name Sagitta mod 2012 with a PL in a circle at one end of the name and a triangle in a circle at the other end if this is any clue to anyone.

Blue hatched celluloid, clip very similar to that found on Melbi pens. Piston filler with the entire mechanism made out of brass and aluminium!

14kt Warranted nib.

I've repaired a few of these in the past very pretty and well made pens.

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A more helpful list would eliminate brands and focus only on manufacturers, with designation for country/region of origin, and years active. Every department store,jeweler, watchmaker, and private retail have sold pens with their names on it. It's likely they all use the same pool of original manufacturers.

A very fair point !!

The post before yours on this thread quotes a missing name as "Cesare Emiliano " and the writer has an example in his collection.

I also own a pen with "Cesare Emiliano " on it. However it is in its original box which says it is made for Gucci.

After some research you find that C E is in fact a designer who designed some pens for Gucci in the same way that Harley Earle the great American car designer designed the CF for Watermans. So I still did not know who made the pen which by the way is handpainted so every one is slightly different. I am sure that this only applies to the finish and Gucci are selling the design rather than the pens which are probably made by one of the Italian pen companies.

Reg Diggins

• 4 years later...