Edison Pen Company Group Buy

Trillium

There have been preliminary discussions with Edison Pen Company and one or two experienced "group buy" ring leaders on FPN regarding a group buy. This is in the very earliest stages of discovery. If there is sufficient interest, a post will follow to direct conversation to a forum area specifically designated to this project and polls will be posted at such time as details and majority desires come to light.

This would likely be a member organized group buy instead of one organized and executed by the FPN admin.

Please give an indication of what model , material (Look at Edisons website for materials list under the "Signature" section) and color preference you have.

Also, please refrain from selecting models that are part of the "Production" line in order to preserve the integrity of the arrangements Edison has in place with their retail dealers. We dont want to cause stress between friends/ business partners!

Edited by Trillium

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• Jimmy James

• kiavonne

• Lloyd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

I'm in. I've been waiting for this and asking the Production dealers if they would get signature pens.

We're talking bulb filler, not C/C, right?

Edit to add:

Collier in Tortoise is my preference.

Edited by RobbW

RobbW,

We certainly could be talking about bulb fillers... depends on what the majority wants. I am compiling requests in an Excel spreadsheet to build poll options off of.

Interesting. How about something interesting like a piston filler? Something not run-of-the-mill that Brian could try if he had enough customers.

I'm just throwing that out. I have no idea if it's even possible.

Albertine,

I assume that Brian has to make them one at a time on a lathe...how hard would it be to "chuck up" a hunk of something bright colorful and wacky as a "one of"? I see that as part of the fun of doing something like this...seeing whatcan happen and what will happen.

Edited by Trillium

Love the idea of an Edison Pen group buy. Make sure production doesn't fall at the same time I have to pay property tax or car insurance, and I can probably join in.

A couple things to consider, though, in addition to perhaps staying away from the production models:

Poll the signature line models, and maybe one or two of the custom models. I've become rather fond of one of those custom (not production) models, myself.

So many materials and so many opinions! Perhaps ask Brian which materials are the top 10 best sellers and then add another 10 "out there" materials/colors and poll on the 20? Then again, if you want to get really "out there," have Brian dump all his "end pieces" into a bin and just start grabbing at random... that would give whacky a new twist.

Keep the filling system to c/c and/or eyedropper, and keep the cost down so more folks can perhaps afford to try an Edison. The same suggestion applies to steel or gold nibs - go steel, they write nicely anyway, and have the option to purchase additional nibs in gold or other sizes.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Love Edison Pens, and I have interest in a group buy. I'm boring when it comes to pen motif and filling system (c/c or piston, though I'd consider an ED). I like the look of the Herald Grande, and I'd take any of Brian's pens in black ebonite. With more colorful tastes in mind, I like the persimmon swirl, green swirl ebonite, and red acrylic (I don't have many red pens).

Trillium,

A couple of models that I have found particularly attractive are the #76 and the Pearl. The #76 has that classic cigar shape that looks good in just about any material and the Pearl has that Nakaya Neostandard look to it that looks especially good in darker materials and rhodium trim.

The materials I would suggest for the #76 are Tortoise Lucite, Dark Tortoise Celluloid, Cobalt Acrylic (FPN color), and the Red/Black Ebonite.

As I mentioned, I would dress up the Pearl in darker colors like Purple Web Celluloid, Blue Swirl Ebonite and Dark Tortoise Celluloid.

Hope this works out and thanks for making inquiries on behalf of the community.

ETA: As for filling system preference, I'd go with a bulb filler.

Edited by JLT

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

I was thinking about ordering an Edison Pen so this is definitely something I'm interested in. I like the Pearl or Pearlette in any red color.

I'm interested, but would like to know the theory behind the group buy. Would it be a custom pen for the group? Would there be a price incentive?

---

Wanted: Waterman 52 1/2 V

LOVE this idea! Personally, I'd like to see it be a bulb-filler, but I can see the argument for a C/C to make it a little more affordable for more members.

Suggestions for the 76 & the Pearl both sound great. I'll throw the Morgan in as well as I think it's a neat looking pen. Would love to see the dark tortoise celluloid, but it may be easier for a group buy to stick with acrylic.

Piston-filler would be interesting, Brian did hint somewhere (can't remember) that he has a piston-filler in the works already.

~Jaime

(she/her)

I'm interested. My preference would be a Pearl. Material is ebonite with red/black the preferred color. I like the bulb filler but how much would Brian drop the price on bulb fillers? I recall a recent post where he said a production bulb filler would never happen because of the amount of time bulb fillers take. If I could get an ebonite Pearl in cc for $150...i'd jump on that anytime.

While I can't promise anything at this time, I am interested. I just want to have a place marker so I can follow the thread. :)

+ 1 for me too

Pearl or Extended Mina

Any ebonite - solid color or a neat swirl

C/C with option for bulb

Here's hoping I have the money when the cart goes live...