Montegrappa Reminiscence Standard Size

jar

In 1994 the Aquila family introduced the Reminiscence series of pens, a reproduction of one of the pens that Montegrappa offered way back in 1915.

The pen is octagonal in shape, was available in two different sizes with either a smooth finish or a Greek Key engraving and in Sterling silver or a Vermeil finish.

This pen is one of the very early versions in the Standard as opposed to the Large size and in the Vermeil finish.

http://www.fototime.com/7E07A664E6AC18D/standard.jpg

The Reminiscence is a cartridge/converter pen which is the filling system I prefer and this pen has one of the absolutely luscious broad nibs that in fact writes like a Double Broad.

http://www.fototime.com/3EAE7465A4ADCF5/standard.jpg

The engraving on the nib is quite different than what is usually seen on a Montegrappa nib without the Greek Key surround usually found.

http://www.fototime.com/7731F04F6319C03/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/8ECD2AE4DBBA99C/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/5DFB2F867A1D5BA/standard.jpg

The nib engraving is said to be the same that was used on the 1915 pen.

The pen is Sterling Silver with a 5 micron gold plating.

http://www.fototime.com/9BBD0C4E2F2C227/standard.jpg

I find this size near perfect though many prefer the larger version so for me, it's this size that gets more pocket time.

http://www.fototime.com/BD4662F3A0BD87F/standard.jpg

My Website

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• mrchan

• pelman

• raging.dragon

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one lovely pen! Does the cap thread on to post?

Yes, the cap threads on to post. This is one of the very early versions and in 1995/1996 they change the section to Sterling instead of plastic and also modified the threading so that the clip and nib always line up when posted.

My Website

Beautiful pen jar. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the silver series of pens. There are retailers who should be thanking you.

Thanks are nice BUT ... they should be sending me pens. :roflmho:

My Website

Beautiful pen jar. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the silver series of pens. There are retailers who should be thanking you.

Thanks are nice BUT ... they should be sending me pens. :roflmho:

Yup you are quite right. :thumbup: I meant thanking you for sending them business after someone reads one of your reviews. Looking forward to more drool worthy reviews.

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

Is the Reminiscence similar to the 80th Anniversary in size? The look quite similar to me, but it's hard to be certain with photos and I've never seen the Reminiscence in person.

Is the Reminiscence similar to the 80th Anniversary in size? The look quite similar to me, but it's hard to be certain with photos and I've never seen the Reminiscence in person.

This one is the same size as the 80th Anniversary. As mentioned above, the Reminiscence came in two sizes, the standard like this one and a Large size that is Privilege Deco or Symphony sized. It also came in two finishes, the Greek Key design as on this one and a plain finish.

My Website

This one is the same size as the 80th Anniversary. As mentioned above, the Reminiscence came in two sizes, the standard like this one and a Large size that is Privilege Deco or Symphony sized. It also came in two finishes, the Greek Key design as on this one and a plain finish.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Jar, I blame you for making me spend more money when I just decided to stop spending for a while! Just bought a Montegrappa Reminiscence! Mint uninked with box and papers.

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

Jar, I blame you for making me spend more money when I just decided to stop spending for a while! Just bought a Montegrappa Reminiscence! Mint uninked with box and papers.attachicon.gifMontegrappa Reminiscence00.jpg

attachicon.gifMontegrappa Reminiscence11.jpg

attachicon.gifMontegrappa Reminiscence22.jpg

attachicon.gifMontegrappa Reminiscence33.jpg

Great. Then my job is done. That's one of the later versions after they switched to the Sterling silver section too. Beautiful.

My Website

Great. Then my job is done. That's one of the later versions after they switched to the Sterling silver section too. Beautiful.

Jar, do you know which model this one is? I saw your adverts, not sure which this one is, is it the RE93? RE3? whats the difference? Many thanks for that. My pocket doesn't thank you though! ;P

Jar, do you know which model this one is? I saw your adverts, not sure which this one is, is it the RE93? RE3? whats the difference? Many thanks for that. My pocket doesn't thank you though! ;P

That looks to be the RE93. The difference is width. The Reminiscence line was available in two widths, plain or engraved and in Sterling silver, vermeil and solid gold. The RE93 is wider than the RE3. If you look at the bottom of this page you get get an idea of the visual differences.

My Website

That looks to be the RE93. The difference is width. The Reminiscence line was available in two widths, plain or engraved and in Sterling silver, vermeil and solid gold. The RE93 is wider than the RE3. If you look at the bottom of this page you get get an idea of the visual differences.

Hmm I see. Well thanks a lot for that. I appreciate your time and answers. Cheers. :)